Is that true for #8 and black, as well? Same ass, more flaws, I would guess (thus dyed darker to cover?).
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on 1/1/17 at 9:11am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 7702post #115517 of 1224168/28/15 at 9:17ampost #115518 of 1224168/28/15 at 9:46ampost #115519 of 1224168/28/15 at 9:47ampost #115520 of 1224168/28/15 at 10:10amQuote:
He is being facetious. Yes, #8 and black is a bit easier to come by, but all the shades #8, black, cigar and ravello are still available. For cigar and ravello, you need to call some retailers and get on some lists. It'll be a wait, but it's worth it.post #115521 of 1224168/28/15 at 10:31amQuote:Thanks, gentlemen.Quote:
I'm a hacker that doesn't see these as anything too precious.Quote:
Mike--you're right--the hooks seemed to have a chrome plating beneath the enamel, and the hooks themselves have a much warmer color. If I didn't know any better, I'd say they were copper.
I considered that. Unless you're near the ocean, green takes a looong time, especially if they are exposed to any wear. If they do tarnish, I'd expect them to be brown for a long while. Also, the bit of wax I apply to the shoe itself will spread across the eyes, and hopefully will provide some protection.
Overall, I hope they age and patina hand in hand with the cigar shell. Can't wait to see the process.post #115522 of 1224168/28/15 at 10:56ampost #115523 of 1224168/28/15 at 11:08am
bought a pair of allen Edmonds at 16 years old and didn't get another nice pair of shoes till 50 years later. now 4 pairs of aldens in a month and blurred eyes from reading this forum guess I join the line of nerds, whatever that means nowadays. I also do cheaper Japanese watches and wet shaving in the same way. all ways to enjoy retirement. first pair of ae's was to emulate my older brother saved and saved they were too small, created corns and I was so stupid I just continued to wear them. took a couple years to recover. love my new hobbies thanks guyspost #115524 of 1224168/28/15 at 11:09ampost #115525 of 1224168/28/15 at 11:11ampost #115526 of 1224168/28/15 at 12:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by McQ7
Just heard from Aram that my JCrew cordovan boots are on their way back to me!
They look great.
I missed the posts recently about Aram(sp).
Can you provide the details for the shop?post #115527 of 1224168/28/15 at 12:18pmpost #115528 of 1224168/28/15 at 12:18pmQuote:
Based out of Northern Virginia, about 20 minutes south of DC.
Great guy, dropping off a couple more pairs next week with him.post #115529 of 1224168/28/15 at 12:28pmQuote:Originally Posted by daveinsweethome
bought a pair of allen Edmonds at 16 years old and didn't get another nice pair of shoes till 50 years later. now 4 pairs of aldens in a month and blurred eyes from reading this forum guess I join the line of nerds, whatever that means nowadays. I also do cheaper Japanese watches and wet shaving in the same way. all ways to enjoy retirement. first pair of ae's was to emulate my older brother saved and saved they were too small, created corns and I was so stupid I just continued to wear them. took a couple years to recover. love my new hobbies thanks guys
Welcome to the thread and the poorhouse.
Japanese watches can be just as addictive as the Aldens. I started out with an SKX007 a few years ago then moved on to a quartz Tuna and MM300. It's been a slippery slope ever since. Today I'm trying to decide which Grand Seiko I want. Somebody should buy my Aldens I have for sale here to help me fund these purchases!post #115530 of 1224168/28/15 at 12:36pm
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 9 seconds ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 5 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 12 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 17 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 18 minutes ago
- › Entry level semi canvassed suit 27 minutes ago
- › Linjer Leather Goods -- official affiliate thread 35 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 40 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...