or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 7644  

post #114646 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp2k1 View Post

i understand. There are other precautions that you can take that have been discussed here. This seems to happen but i was a little taken aback at his response.

Is the retailer going to allow an exchange or return? Or are they seconds and final sale?
post #114647 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp2k1 View Post

This seems to happen but i was a little taken aback at his response.

And rightfully so.
post #114648 of 122416
Brooks Brothers is carrying Alden suede chukkas now. I called to ask what last they were on. Didn't look like Barrie in the pictures. Maybe Leydon. Gal called back after a couple of days and answer was snap. Any chance that is correct?
post #114649 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikW View Post

Crosspost!

New Epaulet x Alden Taunton boots. I was looking for something that would be great for the handful of rainy days we get in Austin. Pretty happy about these -- the alpine grain is a great color.



Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


Action shot with the new taunton boots and some rivet chinos.

Gorgeous boots!
post #114650 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by z8k1n View Post

Whiskey boots from AoM 

Congrats on these for sure. Love the color, and the metal eyelets give them a nice detail.
post #114651 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp2k1 View Post

Can you tell the difference?

 

 

I'm on a phone but dfferent color welts, no?

post #114652 of 122416
Firsts and i am returning them tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by walds11 View Post

Is the retailer going to allow an exchange or return? Or are they seconds and final sale?
post #114653 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp2k1 View Post

Rather not mention it since mistakes do happpen but I wanted to hear what others had to say because i sent the retailer the pic and he said he didnt see much aside from the slight color difference. Go figure.

Return them so they can take a closer look. That looks pretty bad but honestly Alden isn't the best company when it comes to finishing. From wide welts, broken, missed or bunched stitches, etc., we've seen it all and unless their quality control people are blind, they don't consider them seconds. That maybe fine for a typical "work boot" but to me, that's not ok for a "work boot" that costs almost $600.
post #114654 of 122416
Darker wood and i thought they were different welts as well but not according to the retailer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick_b View Post


I'm on a phone but dfferent color welts, no?
post #114655 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp2k1 View Post

Firsts and i am returning them tomorrow.

Sounds good.

My Ultimate Indys left Hawaii yesterday for delivery tomorrow. Can't wait!
post #114656 of 122416
About 650 with tax. I understand that these issues crop up but Its the response that bothered me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salad View Post

Return them so they can take a closer look. That looks pretty bad but honestly Alden isn't the best company when it comes to finishing. From wide welts, broken, missed or bunched stitches, etc., we've seen it all and unless their quality control people are blind, they don't consider them seconds. That maybe fine for a typical "work boot" but to me, that's not ok for a "work boot" that costs almost $600.
post #114657 of 122416
Decided to try this beauty from TSM - George Boot on Plaza Last in Brown Scotch Grain:






FYI the scotch grain is quite soft and the buckle is nickel
post #114658 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don L View Post

Plaza hummus suede 6-eye Chukka
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)




Superb Don! Love the Suede!

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Argentino View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Know I haven't frequented the threat much recently, but my JGilbert Captoes on Commando finally made it out of the closet today.

And yes, I know the laces are too long.

You are always a welcome addition here. Your Plaza CT Boots are top notch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dslonghorn4 View Post

Whiskey waiting for the train.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


Looking great DS!!! One day early though. ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by z8k1n View Post

Whiskey boots from AoM  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


Again, looking terrific and I love your EFFs, but again a daily early!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alden of Carmel View Post


#aldenshoes would be nice for the primary tag, and then people could add additional tags for their specialized interests/groups.....(?)

I concur with this! I like both the AldenShoes and AldenArmy hashtags.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp2k1 View Post

Can you tell the difference? Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Looks pretty darn similar on my phone. The welt looks different and the Apron decorative stitch seems to extend further out towards the toe on the right boot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikW View Post

Crosspost!

New Epaulet x Alden Taunton boots. I was looking for something that would be great for the handful of rainy days we get in Austin. Pretty happy about these -- the alpine grain is a great color.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)





Action shot with the new taunton boots and some rivet chinos.

Congrats and enjoy them! Great boot!

-Mike
post #114659 of 122416
They are nice for sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by walds11 View Post

Sounds good.

My Ultimate Indys left Hawaii yesterday for delivery tomorrow. Can't wait!
post #114660 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by CEE88 View Post

Decided to try this beauty from TSM - George Boot on Plaza Last in Brown Scotch Grain:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)




Looks great and not commonly seen here! I have a Black Shell boot on order right now. Wish Adam still did his Whiskey version!!! ;-)

-Mike
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.