They declare stuff in a "customer friendly" way .
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on 1/1/17 at 9:11am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 7598post #113956 of 1224167/30/15 at 5:34pmpost #113957 of 1224167/30/15 at 5:34pmpost #113958 of 1224167/30/15 at 5:40pm]Quote:Originally Posted by CEE88
Not sure there's a way to prevent that - looks like the natural way your foot moves inside that particular shoe. I wore my unlined 8 dovers sockless a couple of times recently and got a "hotspot" on the side of my heel area -- very similar to were this appears to be on your shoe (never noticed it with socks). Took them off before a blister actually formed. I'll probably get wear marks like this on my Barrie last shoes too.
Thanks manpost #113959 of 1224167/30/15 at 5:49pmpost #113960 of 1224167/30/15 at 5:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by Bbombers85
Picked up my AoM (Sold out on preorder) Cigar LWBs today. Pair came out great. Cigar is on the dark side, but I don't mind it as all my dark cigar shoes have lightened up with wear. Essentially, incentive for more wear.
There is still NO update on Ravello. Alden still doesn't have the leather to even confirm any orders.
may i ask when did you receive the pre order email?
i just got one time for the rare shell pre order email from AoM 1year ago and it is the pre order for whiskey wing tip boot, cigar chukka and ravello short wing..post #113961 of 1224167/30/15 at 6:15pmpost #113962 of 1224167/30/15 at 6:37pmpost #113963 of 1224167/30/15 at 6:49pmpost #113964 of 1224167/30/15 at 6:49pmpost #113965 of 1224167/30/15 at 7:02pmpost #113966 of 1224167/30/15 at 7:03pmpost #113967 of 1224167/30/15 at 7:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by Hill
I'm experiencing some wear on the lining of a pair of my LWBs. I treat them right...cedar shoe trees, rest them at least a day between wears, etc. The last and size fit me perfectly, so there's no heel slippage. I'm growing concerned as I see the same thing developing inside some of my other more worn Aldens. Does anyone have any tips for how to prevent this from happening? Would a good cobbler be able to fix it or is the lining done once it goes?
Yes. A good cobbler can sew-on a leather patch in the heel area.post #113968 of 1224167/30/15 at 7:16pmpost #113969 of 1224167/30/15 at 7:35pmQuick question about first few wears of the cordovan boots: should I not lace up as tight as I need to for the first few hours? I'm planning to wear them an hour a day, two hours, three hours, and so on for the break in. But I feel like I recall somewhere reading about not tightening up too tight in order to give the cordovan a chance to soften a bit and otherwise the stitching can be too stressed. Am I making that up or is it true? Or can I just lace as tight as I want and go?post #113970 of 1224167/30/15 at 7:56pmQuote:Originally Posted by McQ7
Quick question about first few wears of the cordovan boots: should I not lace up as tight as I need to for the first few hours? I'm planning to wear them an hour a day, two hours, three hours, and so on for the break in. But I feel like I recall somewhere reading about not tightening up too tight in order to give the cordovan a chance to soften a bit and otherwise the stitching can be too stressed. Am I making that up or is it true? Or can I just lace as tight as I want and go?
I think that in general you don't want to crank the lacing down real hard on shoes or boots whether they be cordovan or not.
The footbed will usually settle down and mold to your foot and then you can tighten them accordingly.
And also, I would not worry about it too much anyway my friend.
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 33 seconds ago
- › Double Breasted Style. 1 minute ago
- › True Bespoke suits in NYC? 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 2 minutes ago
- › The Bespoke Shoes Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 4 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 7 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 9 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › The Current Popular Menswear Pieces
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway