or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 7578  

post #113656 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post



I most certainly agree! I have been going to Aram for a few of my recent projects. He has been working on my laptop bag for a while. I hope to pick it up from him next week.

-Mike

nice! He repaired my fathers 40+ year old leather handled shoe horn that had eventually failed.. Sourced some extremely close to matching leather from overseas and stitched it all back up. My father is picky so I was a little concerned, but he was ecstatic to see the final results.

post #113657 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by TtownMD View Post


All right I will check him out what city is he located in? And thank you for your help


He's in Springfield VA, about 15 minutes South of DC.

post #113658 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhitelaw View Post


He's in Springfield VA, about 15 minutes South of DC.
Ok thank you
post #113659 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhitelaw View Post


He's in Springfield VA, about 15 minutes South of DC.

Without traffic. ;-)
post #113660 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post


Without traffic. ;-)


True true. Otherwise, budget an hour  :rotflmao:

post #113661 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

Yeah, I wasn't too thrilled. I frankly wasn't too thrilled with the service I received but never posted negative feedback and was never explicitly asked until now.

I apparently didn't get an E-mail from them with a breakdown at all. So it was all done over the phone. Now I want to check my Credit Card.

The original request was to re-do these with a flat welt, antique edge and Danite with a mid-sole. They informed me that they did not feel confortable doing a flat welt conversion since it is formerly storm welt and would leave a noticeable line. They were supposed to re-welt the shoe, but left the old welt leaving the triple color that it is now with the Mohagony Welt, Antique Edge and Red Danite sole. I intend to get them re-welted SOMEDAY, but wanted to get my wear out of this welt before doing it. In their defense, not redoing the welt is typically preferred as it preserves the upper better and so cobblers typically try and do that if at all possible.

-Mike

Well, since we are on the subject, I wasn't impressed by their work either. It was okay but def nothing special. Really had no regrets selling them and this is a c width Ravello Barrie we are talking about
post #113662 of 122416
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSO1 View Post

Very nice shade of Whiskey on those - almost a sticky toffee butterscotch shade, if you ask me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post
Looking great today SeniorDV! :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post
Looking great DV! Good to see you on regularly again!

 

thanks for the kind words guys.

post #113663 of 122416
Yeah, I have a cobbler who is 3rd generation. He treats me like gold. Buys me coffee etc.

More importantly, he really likes my shoes.

We actually chew the fat for quite awhile every time I go there.

I have also had cobblers who do sub par work as well. Not so good of an experience.
post #113664 of 122416
I have the BB x CJ Cordovan Boots and a pair of Alden WT Boots that the original owner converted to Dainite. I love Dainite. Very comfortable, low profile and good in nasty weather.

I'm also a fan of the crepe sole that came with the JCrew #8 Indy's. THAT is super duper comfy.
post #113665 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

Well, since we are on the subject, I wasn't impressed by their work either. It was okay but def nothing special. Really had no regrets selling them and this is a c width Ravello Barrie we are talking about

similar experience. sold off some daytrippers that didnt' fit right after dainite conversion by them. add it to the loss column for me.
post #113666 of 122416

Question, if in the wrong place let me know.

 

Where can I source a pair of AE bradleys, in the light brown/orangie color?  Any suggestions appreciated...

post #113667 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelook View Post
 

Question, if in the wrong place let me know.

 

Where can I source a pair of AE bradleys, in the light brown/orangie color?  Any suggestions appreciated...

 

Yep, wrong thread. Here you go: http://www.styleforum.net/t/141581/allen-edmonds-appreciation-thread/0_100

post #113668 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSO1 View Post
 

 

Yep, wrong thread. Here you go: http://www.styleforum.net/t/141581/allen-edmonds-appreciation-thread/0_100

Thanks you, sir...

post #113669 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchman1 View Post

Yeah, I have a cobbler who is 3rd generation. He treats me like gold. Buys me coffee etc.

More importantly, he really likes my shoes.

We actually chew the fat for quite awhile every time I go there.

I have also had cobblers who do sub par work as well. Not so good of an experience.
Hey the EB shell boot that you have gotten do you were them in bad weather also or do you avoide rain & winter weather etc
post #113670 of 122416
JCrew Color 8 PCTs


And since we were talking about bloom the other day... These were covered in bloom when I first bought them (which I thought was pretty cool). They still develop a little around the eyelets that I have to brush and buff off every now and again
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.