@bespoken pa Don't we all....
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on 1/1/17 at 9:11am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 7566post #113476 of 1224167/21/15 at 5:07ampost #113477 of 1224167/21/15 at 5:19ampost #113478 of 1224167/21/15 at 6:05amQuote:Originally Posted by patrick_b
I think the 266 Sportsman is just about perfect in terms of shape, organization, size. When I went to buy it, I tried packing it with my stuff for a standard 2 night trip. It almost worked but didn't fit my eagle creek folder. I use it for my shirts, SC, etc. I opted for the Med Travel instead which is only an inch larger in each dimension, but increases the volume signifcantly. I may try out the sportsman again and use the next size smaller folder. Do they still make the 266 sportsman?
It appears you can still find the 266 for sale...
What size Eagle Creek folder do you have? I had never heard of them and just looked them up. Pretty damn slick!post #113479 of 1224167/21/15 at 6:35amQuote:Originally Posted by Disco Volante
Today was moving day. I couldn't help but feel like a bank robber clearing out the vault when I was loading up the collection. The only difference being these bags have an Alden crest on them instead of a $ sign.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Mines well be bags of money.post #113480 of 1224167/21/15 at 7:59ampost #113481 of 1224167/21/15 at 8:20ampost #113482 of 1224167/21/15 at 10:02ampost #113483 of 1224167/21/15 at 10:03ampost #113484 of 1224167/21/15 at 10:06amQuote:
Black calf PA if it's a conservative business environment.
Any of the others if not - your charcoal suit will be pretty versatile with all the optionspost #113485 of 1224167/21/15 at 10:22ampost #113486 of 1224167/21/15 at 10:23ampost #113487 of 1224167/21/15 at 10:27ampost #113488 of 1224167/21/15 at 10:34amQuote:
Thank you! Yeah, for some reason the Whiskey PTB just refused to get in line...Quote:Originally Posted by ClassyCanuck
Haven't worn these in a while.
Going on almost a year and I think I have brushed them and reno'd them once in 10 months. Kind of want to see what they will look like with minimal care.
Please excuse the non hemmed chinos.
A fantastic example of the 975. The king! I am really considering getting one, now that I sold my Florsheim burgundy shell LWBs.Quote:
Congrats. Would love to see pictures, but Color #8 + antique edges = win.Quote:Originally Posted by shoelover
Crossposted from AEAT:
Scenario: Job interview. Charcoal suit, white shirt, blue tie. Which shoes would you wear?
Listed L to R:
#8 Shell PAs, Brown calf Strand, Black Alden 909, Black calf PA
Black calf PA.Quote:Originally Posted by Akeem
cleared a storage cubby at work for my boots today. i think i will rotate a couple pairs each month.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Awesome boots, awesome idea, awesome photo. Now just put up some choice #menswear photos on the wall and it'll be on fleek.Quote:
I don't believe so. I have a snuff suede LWB and several shell LWBs and the perfs are the same. Not sure about calf or CXL, but from what I've seen, they look to be the same size.post #113489 of 1224167/21/15 at 11:16amQuote:
Brenner, not sure which tobacco chamois you are referring to, but here is a photo of of my few years old and well used in Africa, Alden Indy boot 40513HC Tobacco Chamois, from The Shoe Mart. Next to the used boots are a pair of new ones. You can compare.
Let me know if you have any questions!
Explorerpost #113490 of 1224167/21/15 at 11:24amQuote:
congrats! how do they fit? did you size down because you have a narrow foot or because barrie is just so big? does it feel extra narrow due to the nst style?
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 24 seconds ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 36 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 1 minute ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › Zam Barrett Dialogue/ Zfactorie - Official Affiliate Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 4 minutes ago
- › Brunello and Ballantyne Cashmere 7 minutes ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 7 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › The Current Popular Menswear Pieces
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway