Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on 1/1/17 at 9:11am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 7565post #113461 of 1224167/20/15 at 3:00pmpost #113462 of 1224167/20/15 at 3:05pmpost #113463 of 1224167/20/15 at 3:17pmpost #113464 of 1224167/20/15 at 3:30pmpost #113465 of 1224167/20/15 at 3:42pmpost #113466 of 1224167/20/15 at 4:32pmQuote:Originally Posted by HenryIII
Whiskey Wednesday (2 days early) Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Henry, these are looking soo nice. They have an absolutely beautiful color and glow to them forming. Keep enjoying them in good health.Quote:Originally Posted by keithp3521
Is it weird to be in a meeting with our governor and be looking down at my color 8 LWBs thinking, "Man, these are good-looking shoes" when someone asks me a question, so I look up and say, "Just making some notes. What was the question?"
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I get it, but yeah, that is not normal. Your Leffot Longwings are looking superb and I am glad to hear that you are enjoying them!Quote:Originally Posted by Don L
TSM Ravello NST
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Don, these are soo nice. The Ravello NST has quickly become one of my favorite Alden makeups. You wear them so well.Quote:Originally Posted by Disco Volante
Today was moving day. I couldn't help but feel like a bank robber clearing out the vault when I was loading up the collection. The only difference being these bags have an Alden crest on them instead of a $ sign.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I am certain my wife would prefer money bags over my Alden's. Hope that your move is going well!Quote:
Thanks guys! Black Shell makeups are frequently overlooked but are indeed absolutely beautiful and worthy of more attention than they get here. I think I recently said that I just picked up a slew of Black Shell models. They definitely help to complete my collection.
-Mikepost #113467 of 1224167/20/15 at 4:37pmQuote:Originally Posted by coinopcollector
Picked these Swims up yesterday at the Orvis outlet. Posting here to share some sizing info as swims are the very best galoshes available. I wear a Barrie 10 or 10.5 D. The Swims pictured are 2XL and fit over my 10.5 LWBs just right. Any shoe larger would be a struggle. I can also get these over my 10D SWB boots with commando soles and tankers on commando. I also have the Swims mobster boot in a 1XL and can't get them on a 10D with commando soles.
I never understood the mentality of galoshes. Just wear boots and change into your shoes when you get to work. In fact, I keep all my shoes in my office. They never leave the sweet, warm embrace of our carpeted building.post #113468 of 1224167/20/15 at 4:54pmpost #113469 of 1224167/20/15 at 5:07pmQuote:
Nope, not weird at all. I do it all the time (maybe not with governors, but definitely my senior execs). Now did you find yourself checking out the gov's shoes and judging? I do...post #113470 of 1224167/20/15 at 5:43pmQuote:Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Originally Posted by BenLeaman
It just so happens that I am off work today, doing laundry and need to pack for this weekend. Looks to me like you are in luck!
So here is a weekend's worth of clothes... 2 shirts, 2 pants, 2 pairs of socks, 2 pairs of boxers, 2 pairs Aldens ( I forgot to get belts for the picture but there is plenty of room for them along with Ipad, phone charger, I've even squeezed a bottle of single malt in there)
First thing I do is ditch one pair of shoe trees and stuff boxers/socks into the shoes; I swap trees during the weekend. Cloth bag the footwear and put them in as the first layer, they will go in an...ahem...69 orientation.
Next the toiletry bag and pants...
Followed by shirts...
Now thanks to you, I am packed for the weekend already. I thank you and my wife thanks you.
There is still plenty of room and I could likely stuff a third days clothing in there.
outstanding Ben. hope your're enjoying your trip.Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Thursday to Monday. Snuff LHS.
Tuesday. Whiskey PTB.
Whiskey Wednesday. Whiskey Full-Strap Loafer.
Thursday. Whiskey LWB.
Friday. Ravello NST Boot.
Saturday. Snuff Suede WT Boot on Plaza.
so much good stuff there Mike. great combos all around.Quote:Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Originally Posted by JSO1
*Gents - posting this in a few places as it might interest folks in various threads, so forgive me for the cross-posting)*
I've been on a bit of a "shell kick" lately. I've tried to collect as much of the spectrum of shells that Horween offers as is feasible (and reasonable). I decided this afternoon to take out my shell shoes and boots and take a few photos. Perhaps this will help those of you who are interested in the various colors of shell, and to see the differences between them.
great collection. i think the whiskey ptb thinks she's better than the rest.
i love this picture for some reason.
well done sir.post #113471 of 1224167/20/15 at 6:19pmpost #113472 of 1224167/20/15 at 6:50pmpost #113473 of 1224167/20/15 at 7:26pmQuote:
The prettiest thing I've seen in a while! Make sure the movers don't pinch any of these!post #113474 of 1224167/20/15 at 7:32pmpost #113475 of 1224167/20/15 at 9:00pm
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. 1 minute ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 3 minutes ago
- › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 4 minutes ago
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 14 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 22 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 24 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafè Wholecut in Black Calf UK 6 BNIB 25 minutes ago
- › Cordings of piccadilly 37 minutes ago
- › The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions 39 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...