Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Yesterday at 11:35 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 11/4/16 at 11:41am in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 7558post #113356 of 1224167/17/15 at 6:15ampost #113357 of 1224167/17/15 at 6:40amQuote:Originally Posted by Disco Volante
Quote:Quote:Originally Posted by JR Magat
Glad i'm not the only one! I wonder if the small duffel has the same issue... or maybe I was packing my bag top heavy which was causing the flipping. I'll try @BenLeaman
's method and see if it helpsQuote:
I own both the Filson medium travel bag the small duffle. The medium travel bag is prone to flipping as suggested here, and was discontinued by Filson earlier this year. The small duffle is far less prone to flipping, but I miss the exterior stow pockets for quick access to small items.
Once I get my bag in house I plan to find an accessory case that I will use a hook like below to attach to the bag with some velcro to keep it from flopping around. This is what I did with my other duffle bag and luggage in the past when needed and it worked great - especially being that you could remove the accessory portion and take it with you.
May pick up this bag below as it seems like a good fit for the Filson - shave kit bags work well as they nearly all have the tab at the end for putting the climbers hook through.
Thinking of picking up this for a shave kit inside the bag
And to keep this Alden related...My J Crew Snuff boots....were actually from Brooks Brothers....as I came across a Brooks Brothers box and had no idea what was supposed to be in it...post #113358 of 1224167/17/15 at 6:41amQuote:
Smooth or rough tobacco chamois?
This is smooth after about a year of off and on wear. Someone posted some Leffot Greenwich boots earlier in the week to show how the rough variation ages. I've only had my rough tobacco chamois LWBs a few months so they look the same as new still.post #113359 of 1224167/17/15 at 7:05amQuote:
I agree with this. I bought a half size larger than my Barrie boot size on the JCrew PCT and it fits a bit loose. My regular Barrie size would have been perfect.
I think the +1/2 size over Barrie is a quick fix for those that have wider feet and need an E width etc. From my experience, the length of the PCT is consistent with other Barrie boots.post #113360 of 1224167/17/15 at 7:25amQuote:Originally Posted by Disco Volante
Smooth or rough tobacco chamois?
This is smooth after about a year of off and on wear. Someone posted some Leffot Greenwich boots earlier in the week to show how the rough variation ages. I've only had my rough tobacco chamois LWBs a few months so they look the same as new still.
Love these......saw them at the Alden shop in SF and almost brought them homepost #113361 of 1224167/17/15 at 7:33ampost #113362 of 1224167/17/15 at 7:36amWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:Originally Posted by Shawnc
Oh my, very nice. Haven't taken mine for a spin just yet, but I would thrilled if they patina'd like these.
Black shell. Gotta get some.
I like the Alden glaze but these look really nice.
Black shell. Gotta get some. I see you're a peaty person. Lagavulin is in my top 3. I like Balvenie, but have never tried the one you list. Given your expert advice on 4 seasons, I'll have to pick some up.Quote:Originally Posted by HenryIII
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Great Odin's raven!
thanks for the kind words gentlemenpost #113363 of 1224167/17/15 at 8:15ampost #113364 of 1224167/17/15 at 8:22ampost #113365 of 1224167/17/15 at 8:51ampost #113366 of 1224167/17/15 at 9:13amQuote:Originally Posted by BenLeaman
It just so happens that I am off work today, doing laundry and need to pack for this weekend. Looks to me like you are in luck!
So here is a weekend's worth of clothes... 2 shirts, 2 pants, 2 pairs of socks, 2 pairs of boxers, 2 pairs Aldens ( I forgot to get belts for the picture but there is plenty of room for them along with Ipad, phone charger, I've even squeezed a bottle of single malt in there)
Great stuff, @BenLeaman. It felt like this needed to be animated.post #113367 of 1224167/17/15 at 9:17amQuote:Originally Posted by NAMOR
9015? Brooks brothers
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:
Great looking #9015s!! One of my favorites!post #113368 of 1224167/17/15 at 9:24ampost #113369 of 1224167/17/15 at 9:25ampost #113370 of 1224167/17/15 at 9:59am
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 2 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Shannon balmoral boots, Dark Oak, 82 last UK9E with... 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 5 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 5 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 5 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 7 minutes ago
- › 2016 50 Book Challenge 8 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...