Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on 1/1/17 at 9:11am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 7552post #113267 of 1224167/15/15 at 6:24pmQuote:
Same experience. I was actually going to say that after the maiden voyage, I thought the J Crew PCT seemed to fit larger than other Barrie lasted shoes/boots.post #113268 of 1224167/15/15 at 9:14pmQuote:
great color. nice pants as well.
good lord! nicely done sir.post #113269 of 1224167/15/15 at 9:28pmpost #113270 of 1224167/15/15 at 11:06pmpost #113271 of 1224167/16/15 at 2:15ampost #113272 of 1224167/16/15 at 5:16ampost #113273 of 1224167/16/15 at 5:23ampost #113274 of 1224167/16/15 at 5:44amQuote:
According to all that I know, Trickers are like unto the Alden's of Northampton England.
I have read great things from men who know their stuff.
Several of the chaps who frequent this thread and have serious Alden collections, also have Trickers.
Here is what I know:
1. In general I would rate Trickers slightly better than Alden.
2. However, Trickers does not use Horween cordovan....
3. Nevertheless, they are one of the only non-Horween shoemakers that I would even consider.
Therefore, Trickers are on my list to get a pair. They have a very cool MTO program through Richard of the Shoe Healer in England and are also fairly affordable. Actually being a little cheaper than Alden.
Hope this is helpful and obviously some of what I say is completely subjective.
Thanks.post #113275 of 1224167/16/15 at 6:18ampost #113276 of 1224167/16/15 at 6:21am
Thank you sir.Quote:
Thanks! They are actually King WT boots. You need boots when biking around Detroit. Slow Roll looks cool, but unfortunately I live in Ann Arbor, so unlikely to join it anytime soon.post #113277 of 1224167/16/15 at 6:23ampost #113278 of 1224167/16/15 at 6:24ampost #113279 of 1224167/16/15 at 6:27ampost #113280 of 1224167/16/15 at 6:49am
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 5 minutes ago
- › Suit sleeve length 15 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 16 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 19 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 23 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 27 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 34 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 52 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 53 minutes ago
- › The Official Common Projects Thread 55 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...