As far as I know, you want the Leffot Tanker as it matches the specs you have provided in the picture. Unfortunately for you, the preorder was last month and sold out in four minutes. Better luck next year.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Yesterday at 10:52 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 11/4/16 at 11:41am in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 7503post #112531 of 1224166/30/15 at 4:51ampost #112532 of 1224166/30/15 at 4:54amQuote:
That looks like the Leffot Color 8 Tanker. They do a run maybe once a year and the preorder was a few weeks ago (and was gone in less than 15 minutes). Context also does the taken (with a reverse split welt) and they now do an antique welt, too. I don't know of any other retailers who do the tanker with antique on barrie. And I haven't heard anyone do a ravello NST except shoemart but those are on aberdeen.post #112533 of 1224166/30/15 at 5:08ampost #112534 of 1224166/30/15 at 5:26ampost #112535 of 1224166/30/15 at 6:20amQuote:
Yep, the color 8 NST with antique edging on Barrie last is by Leffot, which the pre-order happened recently so might be a few months until it comes around next.
Speaking of Aberdeen last, I saw this make up from Brick & Mortar:
31. Color 8 Shell Cordovan Norwegian Front Boot, Aberdeen last, commando sole.
Sizes available for pre-order, December/January delivery:
D width: 8, 8 1/2, 9, 9 1/2, 10, 10 1/2, 11
Could ask Yenni (firstname.lastname@example.org) for the specifics if it's antique edge versus black, etc.post #112536 of 1224166/30/15 at 6:21amQuote:Quote:Quote:Originally Posted by KPDarb
That looks like the Leffot Color 8 Tanker. They do a run maybe once a year and the preorder was a few weeks ago (and was gone in less than 15 minutes). Context also does the taken (with a reverse split welt) and they now do an antique welt, too. I don't know of any other retailers who do the tanker with antique on barrie. And I haven't heard anyone do a ravello NST except shoemart but those are on aberdeen.
Alden Madison also does this makeup with storm welt as opposed to Leffot flat welt. I'm not aware they have any in production since the last run wasn't too long ago. I'd give them a call and see if they have plans to do it again.post #112537 of 1224166/30/15 at 6:43ampost #112538 of 1224166/30/15 at 6:53amQuote:Originally Posted by zippyh
I ordered the unlined PTB from Kafka and a Barbour jacket (300gbp + 138gbp).
UPS just tried to deliver and collect $212 duty. I said "um, no" so the driver said to call and try to clear it up and he'd deliver later.
Called UPS and they were pretty much worthless. Said the package was $900 and described as "men's clothing".
They were absolutely no help trying to get it corrected. They said to contact shipper and try to get a corrected invoice.
I was told $50 COD for my LWB. Does that sound right? I know these shouldn't be taxed with customs, but that seems kind of stiff for a broker fee.
Damn UPS. I told them to re deliver to the UPS store around the corner from me.post #112539 of 1224166/30/15 at 7:00am
Thanks NAMOR. They are 10.5B.Quote:
As others covered it pretty well, you can do Context, Leffot or Madison for Barrie version. Leffot has a flat welt, the others have a split reverse. Or you can do the Aberdeen version with Yenni from B&M.Quote:
Both are on the Barrie and should fit the same.post #112540 of 1224166/30/15 at 7:18amQuote:
As others have mentioned, this is the Leffot tanker and getting one can be challenging. Try Context. They have a preorder for a very similar boot, though the order has yet to be confirmed by Alden. Ignore the picture on their website with the dark edge. As the text indicates, the restock will come with antique edge.post #112541 of 1224166/30/15 at 7:22ampost #112542 of 1224166/30/15 at 7:38amQuote:Originally Posted by Shawnc
As others have mentioned, this is the Leffot tanker and getting one can be challenging. Try Context. They have a preorder for a very similar boot, though the order has yet to be confirmed by Alden. Ignore the picture on their website with the dark edge. As the text indicates, the restock will come with antique edge.
The Context preorder was submitted 2 months ago. Looking at an early 2016 delivery last I'd heard.post #112543 of 1224166/30/15 at 7:46ampost #112544 of 1224166/30/15 at 7:50amQuote:
Hmm..you might be right. Considering Alden is/will be soon on two week holiday the early 2016 window is looking more and more likely. I'm more concerned about getting my Leffot greenwich boots before winter anyway than the tankers.post #112545 of 1224166/30/15 at 7:54am
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Stephan Schneider "Dark" Play crewneck sweater size 6 1 minute ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 3 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 6 minutes ago
- › Looking for high end thinnest 100% wool socks...? 13 minutes ago
- › A Fine Pair Of Shoes: Official Affiliate thread 13 minutes ago
- › The Official Vanda Fine Clothing Thread 15 minutes ago
- › Baggy Dress Shirts 16 minutes ago
- › Bespoke suit makers in the Palermo area of Sicily? 20 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...