or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 7503  

post #112531 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky View Post

Alright question for you Alden experts.

What's my best bet for finding something along the lines of:
Shell boot (#8 or Ravello)
NST or tanker
Barrie last
Not sure about the sole...Perhaps commando

Something like this:


As far as I know, you want the Leffot Tanker as it matches the specs you have provided in the picture. Unfortunately for you, the preorder was last month and sold out in four minutes. Better luck next year. frown.gif
post #112532 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky View Post

Alright question for you Alden experts.

What's my best bet for finding something along the lines of:
Shell boot (#8 or Ravello)
NST or tanker
Barrie last
Not sure about the sole...Perhaps commando

Something like this:


That looks like the Leffot Color 8 Tanker. They do a run maybe once a year and the preorder was a few weeks ago (and was gone in less than 15 minutes). Context also does the taken (with a reverse split welt) and they now do an antique welt, too. I don't know of any other retailers who do the tanker with antique on barrie. And I haven't heard anyone do a ravello NST except shoemart but those are on aberdeen.

post #112533 of 122416
Haha that's bananas! Ugh.

I'm have a pair of suede Aberdeen shoes that are really comfortable so maybe that's an option (Grant is too tight) .

Thanks for the info guys!
post #112534 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky View Post

Haha that's bananas! Ugh.

I'm have a pair of suede Aberdeen shoes that are really comfortable so maybe that's an option (Grant is too tight) .

Thanks for the info guys!
I have a pair of hand sewn suede Rancourts in 8d and they're smaller than the same shoe in cxl in size 7.5b. The material can make a huge difference.
post #112535 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky View Post

Haha that's bananas! Ugh.

I'm have a pair of suede Aberdeen shoes that are really comfortable so maybe that's an option (Grant is too tight) .

Thanks for the info guys!


Yep, the color 8 NST with antique edging on Barrie last is by Leffot, which the pre-order happened recently so might be a few months until it comes around next.

 

Speaking of Aberdeen last, I saw this make up from Brick & Mortar:

31.  Color 8 Shell Cordovan Norwegian Front Boot, Aberdeen last, commando sole.

Sizes available for pre-order, December/January delivery:

D width:  8,  8 1/2,  9,  9 1/2, 10,  10 1/2,  11

 

Could ask Yenni (yenni@brickmortarseattle.com) for the specifics if it's antique edge versus black, etc.

post #112536 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky View Post

Alright question for you Alden experts.

What's my best bet for finding something along the lines of:
Shell boot (#8 or Ravello)
NST or tanker
Barrie last
Not sure about the sole...Perhaps commando

Something like this:


Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco Volante View Post

As far as I know, you want the Leffot Tanker as it matches the specs you have provided in the picture. Unfortunately for you, the preorder was last month and sold out in four minutes. Better luck next year. frown.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPDarb View Post


That looks like the Leffot Color 8 Tanker. They do a run maybe once a year and the preorder was a few weeks ago (and was gone in less than 15 minutes). Context also does the taken (with a reverse split welt) and they now do an antique welt, too. I don't know of any other retailers who do the tanker with antique on barrie. And I haven't heard anyone do a ravello NST except shoemart but those are on aberdeen.

Alden Madison also does this makeup with storm welt as opposed to Leffot flat welt. I'm not aware they have any in production since the last run wasn't too long ago. I'd give them a call and see if they have plans to do it again.
post #112537 of 122416
Does anyone know if the Leffot Naval Boot is the same sizing as the J Crew color 8 PCT?
post #112538 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post

ffffuuuu.gifffffuuuu.gifffffuuuu.gif

I ordered the unlined PTB from Kafka and a Barbour jacket (300gbp + 138gbp).
UPS just tried to deliver and collect $212 duty. I said "um, no" so the driver said to call and try to clear it up and he'd deliver later.
Called UPS and they were pretty much worthless. Said the package was $900 and described as "men's clothing".
They were absolutely no help trying to get it corrected. They said to contact shipper and try to get a corrected invoice.

I was told $50 COD for my LWB. Does that sound right? I know these shouldn't be taxed with customs, but that seems kind of stiff for a broker fee.

Damn UPS. I told them to re deliver to the UPS store around the corner from me.
post #112539 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

Mike, those are gorgeous. What width did you that in those?

Thanks NAMOR. They are 10.5B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky View Post

Alright question for you Alden experts.

What's my best bet for finding something along the lines of:
Shell boot (#8 or Ravello)
NST or tanker
Barrie last
Not sure about the sole...Perhaps commando

Something like this:


As others covered it pretty well, you can do Context, Leffot or Madison for Barrie version. Leffot has a flat welt, the others have a split reverse. Or you can do the Aberdeen version with Yenni from B&M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fal32 View Post

Does anyone know if the Leffot Naval Boot is the same sizing as the J Crew color 8 PCT?

Both are on the Barrie and should fit the same.
post #112540 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky View Post

Alright question for you Alden experts.

What's my best bet for finding something along the lines of:
Shell boot (#8 or Ravello)
NST or tanker
Barrie last
Not sure about the sole...Perhaps commando

Something like this:


As others have mentioned, this is the Leffot tanker and getting one can be challenging. Try Context. They have a preorder for a very similar boot, though the order has yet to be confirmed by Alden. Ignore the picture on their website with the dark edge. As the text indicates, the restock will come with antique edge.
post #112541 of 122416
Thanks everyone! I've emailed Madison, Leffot and Context as a starting point. Appreciate all the great feedback.
post #112542 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnc View Post


As others have mentioned, this is the Leffot tanker and getting one can be challenging. Try Context. They have a preorder for a very similar boot, though the order has yet to be confirmed by Alden. Ignore the picture on their website with the dark edge. As the text indicates, the restock will come with antique edge.

 

The Context preorder was submitted 2 months ago. Looking at an early 2016 delivery last I'd heard.

post #112543 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbombers85 View Post

The Context preorder was submitted 2 months ago. Looking at an early 2016 delivery last I'd heard.

Interesting. I just got an email from William on Thursday indicating that Alden had yet to confirm the order.
post #112544 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnc View Post


Interesting. I just got an email from William on Thursday indicating that Alden had yet to confirm the order

 

 

Hmm..you might be right. Considering Alden is/will be soon on two week holiday the early 2016 window is looking more and more likely. I'm more concerned about getting my Leffot greenwich boots before winter anyway than the tankers.

post #112545 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post
 

Congrats on getting the Color #8 PCT Boots. Here is my pair, from Leffot. @sazon and I were the Alden Navy today...

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

-Mike

 

great boots dubs. 

narrow barrie looks mto.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.