Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on 1/1/17 at 9:11am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 7502post #112516 of 1224166/29/15 at 6:22pmDo the 975s fit larger than other Barrie last shoes? Just received 975 and they are roomier in the heel vs a Dover in snuff & CXL. Granted the Dovers are unlined, but I thought that would be even more reason for the 975s to fit, if anything, tighter.post #112517 of 1224166/29/15 at 6:26pmpost #112518 of 1224166/29/15 at 6:27pmQuote:
its never crossed my mind either. i sold off the color 8 version. its surpassingly versatile. i wore them with a suit to a funeral and now with denim. remarkable boot indeedpost #112519 of 1224166/29/15 at 6:27pmpost #112520 of 1224166/29/15 at 7:10pmpost #112521 of 1224166/29/15 at 7:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by zippyh
The PATRONPRE 30% code seems to work on Aldens at kafka.co.uk.
They have a couple sizes of #8 longwings.
Code takes them down to 310gbp shipped to US.
#8 PTB are about 300gbp.
Note that you have to be a "patron" but I think all that means is that you sign up for an account.
Last time I ordered from Kafka they used Fedex. You should NOT owe any duty for US made goods (8.5% for shoes; 4 or 5% for welted footwear) but there's always a chance that something will get messed up and they'll still try to ding you. Fedex might also charge you a brokerage fee of around $25.
I ordered the unlined PTB from Kafka and a Barbour jacket (300gbp + 138gbp).
UPS just tried to deliver and collect $212 duty. I said "um, no" so the driver said to call and try to clear it up and he'd deliver later.
Called UPS and they were pretty much worthless. Said the package was $900 and described as "men's clothing".
They were absolutely no help trying to get it corrected. They said to contact shipper and try to get a corrected invoice.post #112522 of 1224166/29/15 at 7:37pmpost #112523 of 1224166/29/15 at 8:33pmQuote:
Usually shell models are roomier as the material doesn't stretch over the last as much as other leathers.post #112524 of 1224166/29/15 at 8:36pmQuote:Originally Posted by turkey_sandwich
Somehow J. Crew had a pair of size 9 #8 PCT boots on their website this AM. Out of sheer luck, I happened to see they were available. So... although I had NOT been planning to spend that kind of money on a pair of boots right now, I felt as though I could not pass them up... I've been scouring eBay and the marketplace here for months with no luck. As long as I keep them for 5 or more years, I'm OK with the expenditure, I suppose! Now to get to saving...
Nice! Love those boots and welcome to the club! You'll love them and will definitely get plenty of years out of them 👍post #112525 of 1224166/29/15 at 8:43pmpost #112526 of 1224166/29/15 at 9:43pm
Not my auction but a cigar LHS in size 8D popped up on the bay, very reasonable BIN price too. I had to seriously consider pulling the trigger as I think I can make and 8D work, my 7.5D whiskey LHS really only can be worn sockless or a thin sock liner.
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Alden-Cigar-Shell-Cordovan-Leisure-Handsewn-Penny-Loafer-size-8/171842162786?_trksid=p2050601.c100085.m2372&_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140211132617%26meid%3Dd3c451e36f834af6b5bfdb5f335c9316%26pid%3D100085%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D4%26sd%3D171842162786%26clkid%3D7218296836162478279&_qi=RTM2067267post #112527 of 1224166/30/15 at 12:13ampost #112528 of 1224166/30/15 at 3:39ampost #112529 of 1224166/30/15 at 4:10ampost #112530 of 1224166/30/15 at 4:42am
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › Kamakura Shirts - Madison Ave Store 7 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 23 minutes ago
- › LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD 25 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 38 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 38 minutes ago
- › Lanieri Online MTM suits Made in Italy - Official Affiliate Thread 40 minutes ago
- › Yellow Hook Appreciation Thread 45 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 49 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...