Thank you sir! Surprisingly these are an older pair that I bought on eBay. They were from Tom Austin NYC (stamped on the insole), which closed their doors in 2012, so they're at least that old. Might have been a darker batch of color 8?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on 1/1/17 at 9:11am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 7501post #112501 of 1224166/29/15 at 12:33pmpost #112502 of 1224166/29/15 at 12:34pmpost #112503 of 1224166/29/15 at 12:45pmSo @mrdv alerted the forum to a potential scam through another user. Today I looked at the conclusion of the two shoes the user had listed (Cigar Indy, Ravello Chukka) and I noticed shill bidding happening in both cases. Same user with no buying/selling history on ebay bidding both shoes up incrementally driving the price up.
Buyer beware.post #112504 of 1224166/29/15 at 12:47pmpost #112505 of 1224166/29/15 at 1:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by mdubs Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Great looking NST! Very nice and professional. They will lighten with time.
Those are so rad DV. Looks great with the broguing.
A great twist on the classic 975.
Yes!! We are twins today!!!
Great looking Whiskey PTB!!!
thanks dubs.Quote:Originally Posted by TO Tie Guy
So @mrdv alerted the forum to a potential scam through another user. Today I looked at the conclusion of the two shoes the user had listed (Cigar Indy, Ravello Chukka) and I noticed shill bidding happening in both cases. Same user with no buying/selling history on ebay bidding both shoes up incrementally driving the price up.
yes, noticed the shill bidder as well.
disappointing for many reasons. at least the buyers will be protected by paypal if the seller does not deliver the goods.
fwiw, i sell and buy on ebay ALL the time, 99% of my transactions are fast and easy.post #112506 of 1224166/29/15 at 1:22pmpost #112507 of 1224166/29/15 at 1:32pm
More belt upgrades for me today, was at the local Nordstrom and they had a few belts on sale including some AE wide basic belts in suede for $45 CAD. Could not have come at a better time as I am sending back my Epaulet light tan suede belt and wanted one to work with my Alden tan suede. They had a good amount in store though mainly 38-42 sizes left as they said the sale started a few weeks ago on them. Could be worth checking your local store or Nordstrom Rack if you are in need of one.
I ended up buying the bitter chocolate and milkshake suede, though they are sending me the milkshake one in the mail as they did not have my size in store. I will update when it arrives and hopefully it will be an acceptable match.
The bitter chocolate works well with the reverse chamois.post #112508 of 1224166/29/15 at 1:33pmpost #112509 of 1224166/29/15 at 1:37pmpost #112510 of 1224166/29/15 at 1:38pmpost #112511 of 1224166/29/15 at 1:43pmQuote:Quote:Quote:Originally Posted by Alcibiades
I was at a wedding this weekend and two attendees were wearing the same model of shoes I was - color 8 full straps. Good stuff
Given how little I wear boots nowadays, I'm trying to whittle my boot collection down to three... Pick two of these four to sell:
Color 8 Wingtip Boot
These are all for weekend / casual wear from fall through spring. All are on commando.
I'd follow Namor's advice -- and all things being equal, the last two would go first IMO.post #112512 of 1224166/29/15 at 1:55pmpost #112513 of 1224166/29/15 at 2:26pmQuote:Originally Posted by NAMOR
My first shell boot, the alden 4065 Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Funny, I own this boot too and it is the only boot I didn't include in my candidates for sale. I wear it more or less every week during the fall and winter and it is my most versatile (I wear it with anything from charcoal dress trousers to denim).post #112514 of 1224166/29/15 at 4:17pmQuote:Originally Posted by turkey_sandwich
Thanks for the heads up. I was seriously considering bidding as I love those boots and missed the boat. Anyone know of a similar make-up that's still being made? Leffot Naval boot is the closest I've seen, I think (though I'd love a commando sole, since I live in the land of nearly perpetual snow and slush).
Somehow J. Crew had a pair of size 9 #8 PCT boots on their website this AM. Out of sheer luck, I happened to see they were available. So... although I had NOT been planning to spend that kind of money on a pair of boots right now, I felt as though I could not pass them up... I've been scouring eBay and the marketplace here for months with no luck. As long as I keep them for 5 or more years, I'm OK with the expenditure, I suppose! Now to get to saving...post #112515 of 1224166/29/15 at 5:53pm
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Recent purchases - Part II 4 minutes ago
- › BNIB ALDEN COLOR 8 SHELL 1339 CHUKKA 10E 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Martin Greenfield Clothiers VS. Alan David Custom 9 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 19 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 27 minutes ago
- › Vanda Fine Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 32 minutes ago
- › ENZO BONAFÉ MTO and GMTO Central 50 minutes ago
- › Quality Mending co. Jeans 50 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...