or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 751  

post #11251 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by REguy View Post
Natural Chromexcel LWBs from Mike and Adele at Epaulet
Nice looking - much better than I anticipated - enjoy!
post #11252 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisGold View Post
Today's UPS - will post more pics when I wear them. Sorry for the terrible quality.

What's the deal with saddle shoes? They look like golf shoes to me. Are they supposed to?
post #11253 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatAboutBob View Post
Nice looking - much better than I anticipated - enjoy!

Exactly what I was thinking!
post #11254 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediahound View Post
What's the deal with saddle shoes? They look like golf shoes to me. Are they supposed to?

Actually, I think golf shoes are supposed to look like saddle shoes. This is my first pair and I thought they would be a change of pace to my other Aldens. I don't like saddles when there is too much contrast between the two leathers, but as these are both fairly dark, I think they look sharp. (And worst case scenario, I will have my local cobbler add spikes and I will have my most expensive pair of golf shoes.)
post #11255 of 122416
does the woodlore ultra have a higher vamp than alden shoe trees?
post #11256 of 122416
post #11257 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeangenie View Post
does the woodlore ultra have a higher vamp than alden shoe trees?


Yes, the Ultra has a higher "vamp". The standard Alden branded ones (made by Rochester, I believe) are pretty flat. I much prefer the Ultra. Overall finish is excellent, less likely to mar the lining of the shoes.

BTW, I would recommend using some emery parer (aka sand paper) to sand down the rough edges of any shoe trees before use.
post #11258 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtc2000 View Post
Yes, the Ultra has a higher "vamp". The standard Alden branded ones (made by Rochester, I believe) are pretty flat. I much prefer the Ultra. Overall finish is excellent, less likely to mar the lining of the shoes.

BTW, I would recommend using some emery parer (aka sand paper) to sand down the rough edges of any shoe trees before use.

would the ultra serve better than the alden rochester rebrands for alden plaza boots?
post #11259 of 122416
What color belts are you pairing up Color 8 with?
post #11260 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbernie View Post
Newest Acquisitions:
Blackbird Shortwing
Whiskey LWB

Nice pickups! Almost the same as me, except I have the #8 LWB. I'll post pics tomorrow, we all love a little Alden porn yeah?

Although I'm thinking about trading the #8 for Cigar....any thoughts?
post #11261 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeangenie View Post
would the ultra serve better than the alden rochester rebrands for alden plaza boots?

Yes, I would think so, but you may have to experiment with different sizes of trees and find out the best fit. These off-the-shelf trees come in limited sizes, yet shoes and boots are made in a whole spectrum of sizes. The sizing chart/guide provided by Woodlore/Allen Edmonds is useful but may not work for everyone.
post #11262 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniW View Post
Balller!
post #11263 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtc2000 View Post
I would recommend using some emery parer (aka sand paper) to sand down the rough edges of any shoe trees before use.

I send my shoe trees down to the local woodworking shop for a complete go-over before I put them in my shoes - don't want to mar the inside of the shoes!
post #11264 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by HorseHide View Post
I send my shoe trees down to the local woodworking shop for a complete go-over before I put them in my shoes - don't want to mar the inside of the shoes!
I use 160 grit sandpaper then finish them off with 220 grit.
post #11265 of 122416
I know this isn't the place for this, but...

I have a pair of Alden Wingtip boots from Alden of Carmel I'm looking to move. #8 Pebble Grain Shell. Commando soles. Rare and beautiful boots. Size 8.5 D on the Barrie last. Never worn. Will come with Alden shoe bags and trees, but no box.

PM me for more info.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.