All personal preference, but color 8 LWB is the classic.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on 1/1/17 at 9:11am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 7494post #112397 of 1224166/25/15 at 6:34pmpost #112398 of 1224166/25/15 at 6:42pmQuote:Originally Posted by JR Magat
Does anyone know the specifics of this makeup from Brick & Mortar?
32. Color 8 Shell Cordovan Wing Tip Boot, Grant last, commando sole.
Sizes available for pre-order, December delivery:
D width: 7, 7 1/2, 8, 8 1/2, 9, 9 1/2, 10, 10 1/2, 11
I emailed Yenni for details like antique edging or black edging? Speed hooks or all eyelets? Just curious if someone already knows here. The wing tip boot looks pretty nice on Grant lastQuote:
^^^ I am so pumped for this boot!Quote:
I'm selling my Hallecks because of this bootQuote:Originally Posted by Disco Volante
Holy cow, that fixes the one thing I didn't like about the Unionmade Halleck, lack of commando sole! I need to let it go though as I already have a pre-order with Yenni for the tan country calf grant boots on commando with antique edge, speed hooks, and brass hardware. Also have to pump the brakes on color 8 acquisitions as I have the Leffot tanker preorder locked in.
I'm so happy Yenni agreed to do that boot for me. It is going to be so good. It cannot come soon enough. She is awesome.post #112399 of 1224166/25/15 at 6:59pmQuote:
Yenni responded to my email with this info, and it sounds like a great makeup! She said she'll be out of town until Monday but I'll probably jump in this pre-order. You can never have too much color 8, right? 🐴👌🏼post #112400 of 1224166/25/15 at 8:09pmpost #112401 of 1224166/25/15 at 8:12pmpost #112402 of 1224166/25/15 at 9:17pmpost #112403 of 1224166/25/15 at 9:25pmpost #112404 of 1224166/25/15 at 9:27pmpost #112405 of 1224166/25/15 at 9:56pmQuote:
I've always thought those categories were sort of useless and unnecessary. Oh well.post #112406 of 1224166/25/15 at 10:00pmpost #112407 of 1224166/26/15 at 3:55amQuote:Originally Posted by peppercorn78
Welp, just purchased a pair of 975s from Kafka for 362 GBP. I've wanted a stock LWB for a while now, and I figured this is as good as the price for an E width is gonna get.
Looks like I'm one of you now, officially, after lurking for more than a year!
Really, really hope they are actually E width, though this closeup of the 990 on their site looks promising.
Would've also picked up some Indies but none existed in my size.
congrats and welcome to the darker side.post #112408 of 1224166/26/15 at 5:05ampost #112409 of 1224166/26/15 at 5:20amQuote:Originally Posted by NAMOR
12E barrie? @hoit1981 these fit you?
Been away for a couple of weeks but thanks for the heads-up Namor. I actually saw these available several months back on TSM's irregular list. I didn't get too excited as I was fairly sure they would be too short for me, but maybe I should give them a try. I was never desperately keen on exposed, shiny brass eyelets but on the whiskey they look quite nice. Hmmm.post #112410 of 1224166/26/15 at 6:25am
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
Currently, there are 1006 Active Users (86 Members and 920 Guests)
- › Cheaney 11 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 24 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Definitive Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 31 minutes ago
- › Carlos Santos Split Toe Derby in Havanna Grain - UK7.5 41 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 44 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 45 minutes ago
- › Bracelets For Men - How To Do It Properly. 46 minutes ago
- › Carlos Santos Shoes - Feedback & Appreciation 57 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 59 minutes ago
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 1 hour, 2 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...