Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 7479  

post #112171 of 122416
PSA Leffot pre-order Monday June 22 for natural and blue CXL penny loafers. Loafers aren't my thing, but maybe someone has been waiting for these.
post #112172 of 122416
Can we all agree diversity in Alden tastes is a good thing, why rain on someone's parade just because a particular color of beautiful shell doesn't fit ones fancy. I defer to my long gone Mother, if you can't say anything nice then don't say it at all.

Okay so my tastes run fairly conservative but I do love this shoe for its versatility and comfort in the heat.

Have a great Father Day fellas....

post #112173 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joenobody0 View Post

You have a place for a flat pink (#2) shoe with an insipid welt, but not Whiskey or Ravello?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joenobody0 View Post

While a lot of "patina" just looks like wear and tear to me, Whiskey really benefits from it. In the past Whiskey wasn't always so popular - people called it "bandaid color". With some wear, the bandaid (or caramel as you say) turns into a lovely mid-brown. It's not ultra versatile, but it's tops IMO for Summer/Spring when you get to that level of a rotation. The #2, on the other hand, seems more like an oddity and novelty designed for the Alden fan who has everything else. There's nothing wrong with that, but I can't think of a less versatile shoe than that matte-pink LWB.

I wish to formally apologize to the members of this forum for posting pics of these flat pink oddity and novelty items, and again apologize for subjecting you yo them. I will immediately delete these pics from the forum, as I do not wish to cause any further distress to the fashionable members here. I am only trumped in my own embarrassment in having wasted my time in search them out and then spending good money on them. What was I thinking? If only I had talked the oracle Joenobody first, I could have saved myself this horrific fate. I will now dispose of these awful things so as to save myself any further ridicule.

I would offer them here, but I would not wish to inflict insult upon the injury I have already caused tot his forum. I was going to simply throw them into the trash, but what if the garbage man was to discover these oddities? I would be the talk of the town. Therefore, the only course I see open to me is to take them out back and put gasoline to them! I will rid the world of these horrendous flat pink novelties for once and for all!

P.S. Please fee l free to ban me from this forum for my bad behavior. shog[1].gif
post #112174 of 122416
PM'ing you my address. I would feel terrible if I didn't help you dispose of them @MoosicPa.

Joking aside...

I feel like everyone is entitled to their opinion, but if the guy loves these shoes and spent hard-earned money on them, why not keep negative opinions silent?

Glad you found a pair and hope you enjoy them. To answer your question, I'd have to wear them once. I'd deer bone and brush them back to flawless, but at least once.
post #112175 of 122416
@MoosicPa

Dude don't even sweat the nay sayers.

I'm personally not sure I could pull off the #2. However, if they were ever available, I'd buy them in a heart beat.

They are very unique and may not be all that versatile, but that shouldn't stop someone from aquiring and wearing them. We are all proud of our Alden's and they can often draw attention for one reason or another. For good or bad, The # 2 is for sure a head turner.

Only 20 were made and that's pretty cool. As they say, "Wear often and in good health"
post #112176 of 122416
MoosicPA
Enjoy your new and rare acquisition. For me, I would also buy them if available in a heartbeat. This forum is so great because of the interesting Alden makeups that everyone is willing to share.
post #112177 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty123 View Post

Hello, can someone provide me with the email for Alden of DC? Or are they Phone only? I was unable to find a website.

(202) 347-2308
washdc@aldenshoe.com

921 F ST NW
Washington‎ DC‎ 20004

-Mike
post #112178 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoosicPa View Post


I wish to formally apologize to the members of this forum for posting pics of these flat pink oddity and novelty items, and again apologize for subjecting you yo them. I will immediately delete these pics from the forum, as I do not wish to cause any further distress to the fashionable members here. I am only trumped in my own embarrassment in having wasted my time in search them out and then spending good money on them. What was I thinking? If only I had talked the oracle Joenobody first, I could have saved myself this horrific fate. I will now dispose of these awful things so as to save myself any further ridicule.

I would offer them here, but I would not wish to inflict insult upon the injury I have already caused tot his forum. I was going to simply throw them into the trash, but what if the garbage man was to discover these oddities? I would be the talk of the town. Therefore, the only course I see open to me is to take them out back and put gasoline to them! I will rid the world of these horrendous flat pink novelties for once and for all!

P.S. Please fee l free to ban me from this forum for my bad behavior. shog[1].gif

I didn't say they were ugly, but they're clearly a novelty pair of shoes:
noun
1.
the quality of being new, original, or unusual.

Are they not new, original, or unusual?
post #112179 of 122416

Unexpectedly found these on the discontinued rack at AoM today. Snuff suede plaza last seven eyelet boots. I don't know what sizes they have left...
post #112180 of 122416

On a plaza spree lately. This pair thanks to z8k1n!
post #112181 of 122416
Gentlemen,

Happy Fathers Day!

In the whiskey WT boots:

post #112182 of 122416
Regarding the #2 talk. I am very excited for Moose to have got them.

Are they my cup of tea? I don't know.

I do know that Mike and Div both wear them tastefully.

Recently, I have come to terms with the fact that I am a Dandy. And, I am not by myself

Many of us here have eccentric tendencies in boots and shoes...which, is really what these Fora are all about.

I am having a #4 balmoral boot made right this moment. Part of the appeal is that I have never seen one in person or on the internet.

So, you finely dressed gentlemen enjoy your rare Aldens and do so with confidence knowing that many of us here appreciate your doing so.

Thanks.
post #112183 of 122416


was feeling fancy
post #112184 of 122416
Very nice Namor.

Alden black shell is something special for sure.
post #112185 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joenobody0 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoosicPa View Post


I wish to formally apologize to the members of this forum for posting pics of these flat pink oddity and novelty items, and again apologize for subjecting you yo them. I will immediately delete these pics from the forum, as I do not wish to cause any further distress to the fashionable members here. I am only trumped in my own embarrassment in having wasted my time in search them out and then spending good money on them. What was I thinking? If only I had talked the oracle Joenobody first, I could have saved myself this horrific fate. I will now dispose of these awful things so as to save myself any further ridicule.

I would offer them here, but I would not wish to inflict insult upon the injury I have already caused tot his forum. I was going to simply throw them into the trash, but what if the garbage man was to discover these oddities? I would be the talk of the town. Therefore, the only course I see open to me is to take them out back and put gasoline to them! I will rid the world of these horrendous flat pink novelties for once and for all!

P.S. Please fee l free to ban me from this forum for my bad behavior. shog[1].gif

I didn't say they were ugly, but they're clearly a novelty pair of shoes:
noun
1.
the quality of being new, original, or unusual.

Are they not new, original, or unusual?

Why you have to defend your dickish comments with more dickish comments?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.