or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 7464  

post #111946 of 122416
I have and love the Frans Boones Snuff Suede/ Chamois saddles. I get a ton of compliments. Maybe more than some of my shell shoes.

I don't own them, but I love the look of the Snuff Suede/ Color 8 saddles. I'd buy those in a second. I like the color and texture contrast of those 2 leathers. I've seen pics but don't know who did them last. I'm guessing LS.
post #111947 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

VERY

one of my favorite pairs in my collection.

smile.gif
post #111948 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by breck81 View Post

I have and love the Frans Boones Snuff Suede/ Chamois saddles. I get a ton of compliments. Maybe more than some of my shell shoes.

I don't own them, but I love the look of the Snuff Suede/ Color 8 saddles. I'd buy those in a second. I like the color and texture contrast of those 2 leathers. I've seen pics but don't know who did them last. I'm guessing LS.

I believe Jcrew was one that did the snuff suede/ color 8 (big moment for me rattling that off). I don't own but covet them.
post #111949 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post


VERY

one of my favorite pairs in my collection.

Ditto

post #111950 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alden of Carmel View Post


Hey AW

People have tried black/color 8 in the past.  The problem is that color 8 can be very dark, almost black, and then the two-tone effect is lost.

Black and Color 8 from BlackBird and Alden DC. :-)




A great looking shoe to me and I don't mind the smaller contrast ratio myself.

-Mike
post #111951 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don L View Post

LS Choco Tankers Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)




Looking great like normal Don!

-Mike
post #111952 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenLeaman View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpina View Post

LS snuff suede WT boots are real beauties.  The lined tongue is a nice surprise--super comfy, and these will be amazing once they break in.  If no one else has, I'll post a pic tonight.

@zennypoo
--thanks again!  

Pics or it didn't happen.

 

How could I not?  Psyched to get these in a C width.

 

 

post #111953 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbombers85 View Post

Alden x Leffot King LWB
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Good to see you enjoying your Leffot LWBs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipshot View Post

Jet black unlined LHS 9D. Versatility.. Much overlooked Alden makeup.. I pull these when I am brain dead every time it seems... Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Not sure why you only pull those out when brain dead, I really like my Black Shell LHSes. Wear them more, it's a great model!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR Magat View Post

Color 8 NST (Aberdeen last) getting some sun before stepping into work 😎 Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Nice looking NST. I will be back in my Cigar NST Bluchers tomorrow.

-Mike
post #111954 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpina View Post

LS snuff suede WT boots are real beauties.  The lined tongue is a nice surprise--super comfy, and these will be amazing once they break in.  If no one else has, I'll post a pic tonight.

@zennypoo
--thanks again!  

Yes! Thanks @zennypoo! Just received mine as well today. Agree, they are beauties! Found out on my drive home through the following text from my wife, read to me by my Chevy: "Stop buying Alden's!"

Would post pics, but the arrival of these put my wife into labor and we are at the hospital waiting the arrival of #2!
post #111955 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpina View Post

How could I not?  Psyched to get these in a C width.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)






Enjoy your new Wingtip Boots. Glad that you were able to get your best size!
post #111956 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryIII View Post

Yes! Thanks @zennypoo! Just received mine as well today. Agree, they are beauties! Found out on my drive home through the following text from my wife, read to me by my Chevy: "Stop buying Alden's!"

Would post pics, but the arrival of these put my wife into labor and we are at the hospital waiting the arrival of #2!

She may give up hope soon! ;-)

Congrats on your second child! Hope all goes well!

-Mike
post #111957 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky View Post

How versatile are these? I have a deposit down...
Donl's boots are awesome.
Tricky, deposit at Ls?
post #111958 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpina View Post

How could I not?  Psyched to get these in a C width.


Oh my goodness!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryIII View Post

Yes! Thanks @zennypoo! Just received mine as well today. Agree, they are beauties! Found out on my drive home through the following text from my wife, read to me by my Chevy: "Stop buying Alden's!"
Would post pics, but the arrival of these put my wife into labor and we are at the hospital waiting the arrival of #2!
Congratulations my friend.
Henry IV?
post #111959 of 122416
Man those Suede wingtip boots look good.

I cannot wait for Epaulet's makeup to drop.
post #111960 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post
 
Enjoy your new Wingtip Boots. Glad that you were able to get your best size!

Thanks Mike.  C is my proper width, but still, I hope the 9C Hallecks have a liiiiitle more volume in the front--that will give me greater sock options.  I never can commit to memory the "rules" of sizing--boot vs shoe, cordovan vs cxl vs suede, this welt vs that.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.