or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 7446  

post #111676 of 122416

^^ I knew it!

post #111677 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post
 

^^ I knew it!

 

Yes Sir...thats what Alden Friends are for...:fistbump:  

 

:nodding: 

post #111678 of 122416
Thx for the confirmation. 379x looks decent in the images I've found. Lakota House has a bunch. But have not found a wingtip on 379x yet.
post #111679 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTYGGG View Post



#8 986

So good
post #111680 of 122416

On another note.

 

What do you guys think about some Alden T's?

 

Like, the dark green with a nice big Alden Logo in the middle of the shirt?

 

Would look sick with some denim and whiskey, ravello, black, #8....not to mention mahogany, #4, #2 brandy etc, etc, etc.  :D  :D  :D

post #111681 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadbuff View Post

How are you liking that model? I have almost pulled the trigger on the whiskey Harvard umpteen times. It seems like a good sub for Alden's LHS given how infrequent that model is available from Alden.

The thing that has held me back is a) more expensive and b) I keep hearing fit is a lot harder to match up than the Van last.
The fit is much better than the van if you have a normal to high arch. I wear a 7C or B in the van and the Harvard fits me better in UK 6.5 narrow.
post #111682 of 122416
My new (to me) pair of Jcrew PCT boots. Lookin. Forward to enjoying these now that i have them in the right size. Thanks @Watchman1

post #111683 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by katch View Post

My new (to me) pair of Jcrew PCT boots. Lookin. Forward to enjoying these now that i have them in the right size. Thanks @Watchman1


Now that you have the right size? Did you get your normal Barrie size and find them too small? That's what happened to me.
post #111684 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchman1 View Post

On another note.

What do you guys think about some Alden T's?

Like, the dark green with a nice big Alden Logo in the middle of the shirt?

Would look sick with some denim and whiskey, ravello, black, #8....not to mention mahogany, #4, #2 brandy etc, etc, etc.  biggrin.gif   biggrin.gif   biggrin.gif
Logo = no go. It reminds me of people who are too into Rolex wanting Rolex shirts, hats, jackets, etc.
post #111685 of 122416
^^ Yes, without a doubt these boots run TTS. These are 10s, and my others were 9.5s. I wear 9.5D in the 990 and 975
post #111686 of 122416

Those #2 Longwings are still at their starting price on eBay.....19hours left....

post #111687 of 122416

@katch

 

I knew their was something I liked about those.  :nodding: 

post #111688 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post
 

Those #2 Longwings are still at their starting price on eBay.....19hours left....

 

And 5 min before the auction is over....let the madness begin....:bounce2:

post #111689 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadbuff View Post


How are you liking that model? I have almost pulled the trigger on the whiskey Harvard umpteen times. It seems like a good sub for Alden's LHS given how infrequent that model is available from Alden.

The thing that has held me back is a) more expensive and b) I keep hearing fit is a lot harder to match up than the Van last.


Sizing wasn't too hard where I went TTS (8.5) for the Harvard loafer, and Van 8D (same as my Barrie last size).  Overall I like them, but slightly prefer the look of the Alden LHS where it's not quite as sleek, the stitching appears raised a bit, and the darker strap... makes for a more 'casual' look which is what I wear loafers for.  I still like the Harvards, but if i were a patient man, I'd save funds for the whiskey LHS instead :)

post #111690 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchman1 View Post
 

 

And 5 min before the auction is over....let the madness begin....:bounce2:


As a frequent eBay buyer/selling... this is the truth (more like last minute though) :)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.