or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 7444  

post #111646 of 122416
Well Gentlemen, for those of us who ordered the Whiskey WT boots from 14oz, it looks as if we should not expect to see them any time in the near future due to the German DHL strike:

http://www.dhl.com/en/mail/globalmail_observer.html#.VXru-3A8KK0

foo.giffoo.giffoo.gif
post #111647 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchman1 View Post

Well Gentlemen, for those of us who ordered the Whiskey WT boots from 14oz, it looks as if we should not expect to see them any time in the near future due to the German DHL strike:

http://www.dhl.com/en/mail/globalmail_observer.html#.VXru-3A8KK0

foo.giffoo.giffoo.gif

well that just blows.
post #111648 of 122416
JCrew Color 8 CTB's today... Nice to see that they were restocked ūüĎć

Love them but they are pretty squeaky when I walk. Hopefully that will reduce with more wear
post #111649 of 122416
DC Ravello Caps
759865affcc1fc3b383b8ed483cd8ab9.jpg
25159a26b0b2e9cf4da96991ae228fb4.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #111650 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don L View Post

DC Ravello Caps Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
759865affcc1fc3b383b8ed483cd8ab9.jpg
25159a26b0b2e9cf4da96991ae228fb4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

Looking great Don! Enjoy your DC 'vellos Today!

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR Magat View Post

JCrew Color 8 CTB's today... Nice to see that they were restocked ūüĎć

Love them but they are pretty squeaky when I walk. Hopefully that will reduce with more wear Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Lovely looking Boots! They have a nice shine on them. Sorry about the squeak. Hopefully it goes away soon!

 

-Mike

post #111651 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by chipshot View Post


Has anyone had success in darkening a Whiskey Strap? I have a pair of BB Unlined #8 that came from the factory with much darker straps but I bet there is a way to achieve this look with Whiskey.

BTW I have lightened some very dark Cigar Chukkas buy placing in direct sunlight for one maybe two days... I did the same once with a pair of Marlow Penny's in Cigar and covered up the straps to keep them dark. Bingo .. It worked .. Whiskey .. Not to sure how to go about it.. Suggestions..?

I agree, there's just something about the darker strap that makes me still want the Whiskey LHS.  I bought the C&J Harvard loafers in whiskey shell thinking it would satisfy that itch, but I'd still jump at a pair of 8D Whiskey LHS's if one popped up :satisfied:

post #111652 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchman1 View Post
 

 

These are just ridiculous.

 

Well done Sir.


totally ridiculous 

wow

post #111653 of 122416
Thank God the strike must be over....just got this in my email:

Item Sku Qty
Whiskey Cordovan boot with Commando Outsole
Size
10
44699C-2000193730652-*-10 1
Shipped By
DHL
post #111654 of 122416
@mdubs

What do you make of Alden # 44699C
post #111655 of 122416
What is the 44699C? Something on Commando but a Google search yielded nothing.
post #111656 of 122416

Whiskey wingtip boot I suppose?

post #111657 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchman1 View Post
 

 

These are just ridiculous.

 

Well done Sir.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by z8k1n View Post
 


totally ridiculous 

wow

 

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdubs View Post
 

 

Wow, nice to see you over here bud, don't see you enough over here! How are you C&Js doing? The 4060s are looking superb. Their color is pretty amazing, looks like my Color #4 WT Boots actually color wise. They have a nice shine on them, especially on the cap toe.

 

 

-Mike

 

Thanks guys! These were my first pair of shell, and I'm now fully addicted. They started out as a much darker eggplant shade, and lightened up a bit over the months next to my window. I'm embarrassed to say I'm given them a full on conditioning and polish maybe 3 times over a year and a half; gotta love Alden shell.

 

Mike, the Harlechs are doing great. They're taking on a nice Ravello tone that actually caused me to pass up on the Daytrippers when my turn came around a few months ago! Hopefully that doesn't get me banned from the Alden thread...:hide:

post #111658 of 122416

Ha, I would love a pair, feel more than free to ship me a pair! ;-)

 

-Mike

post #111659 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

Whiskey wingtip boot I suppose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

Ha, I would love a pair, feel more than free to ship me a pair! ;-)

-Mike

Yes Sirs,

The only reason I asked is because their was some confusion over what last thes were on.

14oz says 379x, while the pic of the boots were almost certainly Barrie.

I thought our resident experts would be able to shine further light.
post #111660 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchman1 View Post



Yes Sirs,

The only reason I asked is because their was some confusion over what last thes were on.

14oz says 379x, while the pic of the boots were almost certainly Barrie.

I thought our resident experts would be able to shine further light.

 

I am not sure, frankly, I am not too familiar with the 379x Last as that is not a common Alden Last. No stock shoes use it and I do not own anything on it. I also have never actually seen it in person either. The best way to find out for sure is to send a note to Alden's general E-mail address (general@aldenshoe.com), but do it quick, because they typically close early on Fridays!

 

-Mike

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.