or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 7411  

post #111151 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Handcuffed View Post


Did something change? Last I heard, those were not happening and instead they'd be cigar wts...


Nothing changed they are still on...just could not say when delivery would be.  They gave the cigar option if you wanted out of Ravello because of the delay.  I choose to stay on the Ravello order.

 

Steve

post #111152 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by katch View Post


I usually err on the side of going larger in boots and throwing a tacco insole in to take up a bit of room.

I really try not to make $800 err's:lookaround:  I do prefer a bit of room in boots for winter socks.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLVol View Post
 

 

interesting......I called this morning and they said all they have left is 10E

 I called them yesterday after hours and he returned my call an hour ago.  He may have been holding them for me. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalair1 View Post
 

Interesting since their written policy on the website says:

 

 

Return Policy:
 
All returns/refunds must be done so within 14 days of the date of purchase. Shoes must be in brand new, unworn condition and in the original box and/or packaging.  Shell cordovan shoes must not be creased.   
 
Original shipping charges will not be refunded back to the customer. 
 
Return shipping is the customer's responsibility.
 
No refunds on made to order items.

 

Steve

Interesting.  He told me 3 times they would not allow returns.  It's the only reason I didn't buy them.  Either they are being really protective about these cigar cap toes  or he thinks I'm a savage that will mess up his shoes. 

post #111153 of 122416

Any suggestions on a good belt that is somewhat of a close match with light ravello shell?

post #111154 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamf009 View Post

I couldn't resist on the ravello SWBs on eBay.

AoC Cigar LWB today. Good look @MrDV
BpWBk2A.jpg
Great buy on the ls Ravello short wings.
Thanks, yours look great as well.
Mine are from Adam as well.
post #111155 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatTuesday View Post

I really try not to make $800 err'slookaround.gif   I do prefer a bit of room in boots for winter socks.

 I called them yesterday after hours and he returned my call an hour ago.  He may have been holding them for me. 

Interesting.  He told me 3 times they would not allow returns.  It's the only reason I didn't buy them.  Either they are being really protective about these cigar cap toes  or he thinks I'm a savage that will mess up his shoes. 

I was also told no returns on these.
post #111156 of 122416

I could not resist the Brick & Mortar Cognac Shortwing Blucher on Plaza, and it arrived today. I am thrilled with them. The fit is great (my first Plaza last, I went TTS and it worked out great), the finish is really nice, and I really love the color of the calf. The color is much richer than AE's walnut and the leather is much softer. Love the medallion, heel counter, and eyestay detailing, too.

 

More pictures here.

 

post #111157 of 122416
Snuff LHS today:

post #111158 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSO1 View Post

I could not resist the Brick & Mortar Cognac Shortwing Blucher on Plaza, and it arrived today. I am thrilled with them. The fit is great (my first Plaza last, I went TTS and it worked out great), the finish is really nice, and I really love the color of the calf. The color is much richer than AE's walnut and the leather is much softer. Love the medallion, heel counter, and eyestay detailing, too.

More pictures here.



What a great looking shoe! Congrats!
post #111159 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSO1 View Post
 

I could not resist the Brick & Mortar Cognac Shortwing Blucher on Plaza, and it arrived today. I am thrilled with them. The fit is great (my first Plaza last, I went TTS and it worked out great), the finish is really nice, and I really love the color of the calf. The color is much richer than AE's walnut and the leather is much softer. Love the medallion, heel counter, and eyestay detailing, too.

 

More pictures here.

 

 

Congrats. How do they compare to Carmina leather or Vass? 

post #111160 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazon View Post


What a great looking shoe! Congrats!

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JezeC View Post
 

Congrats. How do they compare to Carmina leather or Vass? 

 

Thanks! The leather feels more like my Vass than my Carmina. It's very soft, like a boxcalf. Carmina's leathers are smoother, more finished-feeling, whereas this feels softer and more supple - much more supple, than the leather on my Carminas.

post #111161 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatTuesday View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by katch View Post

I usually err on the side of going larger in boots and throwing a tacco insole in to take up a bit of room.
I really try not to make $800 err'slookaround.gif   I do prefer a bit of room in boots for winter socks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLVol View Post

 

interesting......I called this morning and they said all they have left is 10E
 I called them yesterday after hours and he returned my call an hour ago.  He may have been holding them for me. 
Quote:
Originally Posted by totalair1 View Post

 
Interesting since their written policy on the website says:


Return Policy:

 
All returns/refunds must be done so within 14 days of the date of purchase. Shoes must be in brand new, unworn condition and in the original box and/or packaging.  Shell cordovan shoes must not be creased.   

 
Original shipping charges will not be refunded back to the customer. 

 
Return shipping is the customer's responsibility.

 
No refunds on made to order items.


Steve
Interesting.  He told me 3 times they would not allow returns.  It's the only reason I didn't buy them.  Either they are being really protective about these cigar cap toes  or he thinks I'm a savage that will mess up his shoes. 

He was holding them for for me a bit yesterday as well. Ultimately decided to stick with the DC cap toes. I'm a visual buyer so thought a pic might help. Maybe it will help some others on the fence.

post #111162 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSO1 View Post

I could not resist the Brick & Mortar Cognac Shortwing Blucher on Plaza, and it arrived today. I am thrilled with them. The fit is great (my first Plaza last, I went TTS and it worked out great), the finish is really nice, and I really love the color of the calf. The color is much richer than AE's walnut and the leather is much softer. Love the medallion, heel counter, and eyestay detailing, too.

More pictures here.



Thanks for sharing your pics. I love the medallion design on the SWB.
post #111163 of 122416

Leffot Ravello Day-Trippers

 

photo image.jpg6_zps0ugfqiye.jpg

 

photo image.jpg1_zpsnebvnift.jpg

 

photo image.jpg3_zpsmaxn36ga.jpg

 

photo image.jpg2_zps4csqo5h1.jpg

 

photo image.jpg5_zpse7mxdcvp.jpg

 

Have a Blessed Weekend Gentlemen.  

post #111164 of 122416
Those have a remarkable shine. Nice work!
post #111165 of 122416
Damn Watchman1, those look clean!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.