Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Yesterday at 10:21 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 11/4/16 at 11:41am in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 7393post #110881 of 1224165/31/15 at 7:40ampost #110882 of 1224165/31/15 at 7:49amQuote:Originally Posted by HenryIII
Unfortunately, this cuts both ways. Although they do release some back into the wild (as I can attest to, being a loyal AoSD customer), they also Hoover up many styles immediately
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Are you kidding me... @MrDV and @mdubs are walking around in (or displaying in glass cases) all of the make-ups I've longed for over the last few years. They've cornered the market in 10D barrie and similar fitting Alden boots and shoes!
On the other hand...
1. I have been fortunate to pick up some lightly used hand-me-downs.
2. I've also made two really nice friends
3. They've saved me from spending even more obscene amounts of dinero on footwear.
... I am very grateful for my SD friends!post #110883 of 1224165/31/15 at 8:31ampost #110884 of 1224165/31/15 at 10:23ampost #110885 of 1224165/31/15 at 10:58amQuote:Originally Posted by Bbombers85
I read some comments on the toungue of boots moving around earlier. All my Nike Air Jordan 1s have this little lace slot, if you will, to keep it in place. I'm sure there's a more subtle way to have this on boots and lace through it.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I've seen some with a slit in the tongue that the laces go thru.post #110886 of 1224165/31/15 at 11:55ampost #110887 of 1224165/31/15 at 3:03pm
Did you know it's called Color 8 because it's dyed eight times?:post #110888 of 1224165/31/15 at 3:29pmpost #110889 of 1224165/31/15 at 4:42pmpost #110890 of 1224165/31/15 at 4:48pm
1st pic - my Loake for PealCo. boots have that slit in the tongue to lace through.
2nd pic - Alden shell cordovan WTB with the tongue lined with leather.
3rd pic - Alden theShoeMart suede boots have a tongue that is unlined.
So for me, the unlined tongue shifts a bit more than the lined ones. I am tempted to take an box cutter and make my own lace slots! Then again, I might duplicate Englade's leather fasteners. Decisions, decisions.post #110891 of 1224165/31/15 at 5:11pmQuote:
Well, one of those solutions isn't permanent.
TBH, I hate the look of tongue slits.post #110892 of 1224165/31/15 at 5:39pmpost #110893 of 1224165/31/15 at 5:45pmpost #110894 of 1224165/31/15 at 6:34pmTried these on over the weekend and I couldn't believe how comfortable they were. Felt like slippers. I'm about 50/50 on picking these up mostly due to the fact I have other orders coming in and I'm trying to take it easy.
If anyone is looking for a good shoe for the summer, I would strongly suggest trying these on. Crazy comfortable.post #110895 of 1224165/31/15 at 6:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by RevisIsland
Tried these on over the weekend and I couldn't believe how comfortable they were. Felt like slippers. I'm about 50/50 on picking these up mostly due to the fact I have other orders coming in and I'm trying to take it easy.
If anyone is looking for a good shoe for the summer, I would strongly suggest trying these on. Crazy comfortable.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Make me want to ditch my snuff chukkas and replace them with those, always loved the look of them casually with jeans. They look great on you so I think you should grab them!
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 38 seconds ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 45 seconds ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 2 minutes ago
- › U.S. Life Expectancy Decreases for First Time in 23 Years, No One... 5 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 8 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 9 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 10 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 14 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 15 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 15 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...