or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 7366  

post #110476 of 122416

Hi all Alden addicts, it is my first post. 

 

was buying Navy Indy but out of my size.

picked up Navy unlined chukka in Tassels.

post #110477 of 122416
^ which store had some navy indy for sale. I have been looking for a pair for quite some time.
post #110478 of 122416
Any suggestions where to purchase Alden unlined suede penny loafers (the classic standard ones)?

Ideally from a Canadian dollar friendly store.

Lost and Found in Toronto doesn't have my size.

Also - do most of you size down 0.5 in these on Van last?
post #110479 of 122416
How do you use Alden's leather defender once a week, once a month?
Before polish after polish or instead of.
post #110480 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhitelaw View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bbombers85 View Post

 

 



I wonder if this means AoM's Cigar LWB should be in soon too. 







called earlier and confirmed I had actually paid in full on this order (therefore allowing me to pass on my spot on DC list), and AoM said aug/sept was the proposed timeframe


 



Just curious, but what size were you on at DC? I'm a few spots down on the cigar lists. I'm assuming your probably the 11.5.
post #110481 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by csmitty View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhitelaw View Post
 
Quote:
 
Originally Posted by Bbombers85 View Post

 

 

 

I wonder if this means AoM's Cigar LWB should be in soon too. 

 



called earlier and confirmed I had actually paid in full on this order (therefore allowing me to pass on my spot on DC list), and AoM said aug/sept was the proposed timeframe

 



Just curious, but what size were you on at DC? I'm a few spots down on the cigar lists. I'm assuming your probably the 11.5.


yessir, 11.5d

post #110482 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhitelaw View Post


called earlier and confirmed I had actually paid in full on this order (therefore allowing me to pass on my spot on DC list), and AoM said aug/sept was the proposed timeframe

When I spoke to them a few months ago, they seemed to think the order could be completed a few months early given the issue they had with their ravello orders. I was kind of hoping for a June delivery. Oh well, September isn't too far away.
post #110483 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevisIsland View Post


When I spoke to them a few months ago, they seemed to think the order could be completed a few months early given the issue they had with their ravello orders. I was kind of hoping for a June delivery. Oh well, September isn't too far away.

 

agreed. As long as it comes antique welt, I'm happy. And hopefully not as dark as what DC got in yesterday.. very close to #8/black from the pic I saw

post #110484 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxdok View Post

^ which store had some navy indy for sale. I have been looking for a pair for quite some time.


Tassels Hong Kong

and i remember TSM just did it last month?

post #110485 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by J One View Post

How do you use Alden's leather defender once a week, once a month?
Before polish after polish or instead of.
Once every couple of months for me (when I remember to apply it). With my rotation my shoes/boots get worn once a week at the most so maybe it stays on there a bit longer.

Any time you apply polish or conditioner I would re-apply. I only use defender on shell which never sees polish. I haven't tried it on calf as a good coat of wax usually does the same job.
post #110486 of 122416
Thanks for the information.
post #110487 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

Once every couple of months for me (when I remember to apply it). With my rotation my shoes/boots get worn once a week at the most so maybe it stays on there a bit longer.

Any time you apply polish or conditioner I would re-apply. I only use defender on shell which never sees polish. I haven't tried it on calf as a good coat of wax usually does the same job.
post #110488 of 122416
I'm thinking about taking the leap of ordering the 975 in what I believe to be my true size (7B). I have a closet full of shoes that sort of fit, but it's irritating having to mess with insoles and thick socks to get a semi-workable solution. The idea of upfront payment, a wait of who knows how long, and no return combined with an inability to even try on a shoe in that size prior to purchase... it's a tough pill to swallow. Has anyone gone through this? My best fitting Aldens are a pair on the Hampton in size 7.5C, but those are a bit too wide (I can wear athletic socks under my dress socks). I'd like some shoes that actually fit!
post #110489 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by J One View Post

How do you use Alden's leather defender once a week, once a month?
Before polish after polish or instead of.

I check the weather in the morning and apply a light coat of defender if it looks like rain/snow/mist/etc, otherwise I don't put any on.  I agree with the statement on polish, if you have recently put some polish on the shell, probably no need for defender (but it probably doesn't hurt either)

post #110490 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joenobody0 View Post

I'm thinking about taking the leap of ordering the 975 in what I believe to be my true size (7B). I have a closet full of shoes that sort of fit, but it's irritating having to mess with insoles and thick socks to get a semi-workable solution. The idea of upfront payment, a wait of who knows how long, and no return combined with an inability to even try on a shoe in that size prior to purchase... it's a tough pill to swallow. Has anyone gone through this? My best fitting Aldens are a pair on the Hampton in size 7.5C, but those are a bit too wide (I can wear athletic socks under my dress socks). I'd like some shoes that actually fit!

I believe @mdubs has gone through this.  The best part about 975s is that they come in a variety of sizes and widths and are easily returned for a full refund.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.