or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 7351  

post #110251 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoit1981 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevefok View Post


Here is a side by side photo of my choco tanker(1 year) and snuff v-tip(1.5 year). I also have a green suede LWB coming in these coming days. Will post a photo of 3 of them side by side when it arrives. Hope it helps.



Sorry to quote a 5 month old post, but can you please tell me where you got hold of those perfect snuff v-tips?

Not my pic, but I got some snuff v-tips from Leather Soul ages ago.
Circa 2008 or so.
post #110252 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchman1 View Post

In general, I felt the same way about BARRIE last 2 eye chukka's.

Then I saw the 270 flat welt 6 eye version and that is one of my favs now.

Also, Plaza last chukka is great as well.

The 6 eyelet is entirely different in feel. The panel stitching is more like a regular boot. someone needs to make a ravello or cigar 6 eyelet chukka.
post #110253 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post

Not my pic, but I got some snuff v-tips from Leather Soul ages ago.
Circa 2008 or so.

Interesting. Did they have the storm welt?
post #110254 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by totalair1 View Post
 

Got a call from AoM that my cigar LHS are shipping today.  These are from last years order where Cigar and Ravello was delayed.

 

Steve

 

Congrats Steve, I am sure that you will enjoy them!

post #110255 of 122416

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akeem View Post


The 6 eyelet is entirely different in feel. The panel stitching is more like a regular boot. someone needs to make a ravello or cigar 6 eyelet chukka.

 

I think a correctly-fitting pair of color 8 chukkas are great for comfort+versatility.  The 6-eyelet version has eyelets extending too far down the vamp, so it looks very different from the clean uninterrupted lines of a 2-eye chukka. 

 

But I understand why the 2-eye version might be a harder model to fit.

post #110256 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoit1981 View Post


Interesting. Did they have the storm welt?

 

 

leathersoul got a restock of a couple of v-tip models last month (black and brown, with flat welts) - might be worth asking them if they have a suede version in the pipeline...

post #110257 of 122416

Since there is being a lot of talk about the Leffot Tanker's in the past couple of days I have a couple of questions:

 

Given that both boots are made on the same last, are the Tankers the same as the Indy but with an additional stitching on the Toe area?

 

If not can someone post a side by side picture of the two in question in the same last and note the differences?

 

 

Thank you in advance.

post #110258 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by J One View Post
 

Since there is being a lot of talk about the Leffot Tanker's in the past couple of days I have a couple of questions:

 

Given that both boots are made on the same last, are the Tankers the same as the Indy but with an additional stitching on the Toe area?

 

If not can someone post a side by side picture of the two in question in the same last and note the differences?

 

 

Thank you in advance.

 

The lasts are different. Tankers are on the Barrie, while Indy is on Trubalence.

post #110259 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by J One View Post
 

Since there is being a lot of talk about the Leffot Tanker's in the past couple of days I have a couple of questions:

 

Given that both boots are made on the same last, are the Tankers the same as the Indy but with an additional stitching on the Toe area?

 

If not can someone post a side by side picture of the two in question in the same last and note the differences?

 

 

Thank you in advance.

Like @Bbombers85 said different lasts and there is also some differences in decorative stitchin' on the sides. Here is a pic of one of my indy's and my tankers. Not identical angles, but you can see the difference in stitching on toe and last shape.

 

 

post #110260 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbombers85 View Post
 

 

The lasts are different. Tankers are on the Barrie, while Indy is on Trubalence.

 

Technically that is how "we" refer to them, but Alden themselves also stocks a "Tanker Boot" on the Trubalance Last at their San Francisco store.

 

http://aldenshop.com/Store/DrawProducts.aspx?CategoryID=157&ParentID=94&PageID=&Action=

 

-Mike

post #110261 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post
 

 

Technically that is how "we" refer to them, but Alden themselves also stocks a "Tanker Boot" on the Trubalance Last at their San Francisco store.

 

http://aldenshop.com/Store/DrawProducts.aspx?CategoryID=157&ParentID=94&PageID=&Action=

 

-Mike

Good point Mike. Definitely some confusion over what is the "Tanker". Thanks:)

post #110262 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoit1981 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post

Not my pic, but I got some snuff v-tips from Leather Soul ages ago.
Circa 2008 or so.

Interesting. Did they have the storm welt?

Found a pic.
post #110263 of 122416

Those are superb Zip. Looks even better with a flat welt!

 

-Mike

post #110264 of 122416

I thought that you guys may like this, totally off topic, but I got to put my "shoe photography skills" to use for my wife, an avid knitter, who made baby shoes for one of her friends... Pretty sure that you will recognize some of the poses!

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

-Mike

post #110265 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post
 

I thought that you guys may like this, totally off topic, but I got to put my "shoe photography skills" to use for my wife, an avid knitter, who made baby shoes for one of her friends... Pretty sure that you will recognize some of the poses!

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

-Mike

 

 

:rotflmao: Awesome!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.