or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 7349  

post #110221 of 122416
Regarding the snuff chukka - I love my pair, and find the Leydon to be one of Alden's best lasts for my feet. Given that I have a very narrow heel and a somewhat less narrow forefoot, I'd expect that lots of people would benefit from trying an E width.
post #110222 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joenobody0 View Post

Regarding the snuff chukka - I love my pair, and find the Leydon to be one of Alden's best lasts for my feet. Given that I have a very narrow heel and a somewhat less narrow forefoot, I'd expect that lots of people would benefit from trying an E width.

 

All good points. I have a somewhat normal heel, but wider forefoot and do take an E width in my brannock TTS size for Leydon.

post #110223 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty123 View Post

Waiting for Alden shoes sucks. It f'n sucks. There. I said it.

The cure is other Alden's my friend. I don't really even notice waiting anymore.
post #110224 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by z8k1n View Post

Killer combo !

Thanks Bud! I absolutely love those Rivets. They go great with so many shades and Cigar is no exception.

-Mike
post #110225 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty123 View Post

Waiting for Alden shoes sucks. It f'n sucks. There. I said it.

 

while it does, I think having 5-6 preorders that could all hit at the same time would suck more

post #110226 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

The cure is other Alden's my friend. I don't really even notice waiting anymore.

I have a 3E width... Otherwise I would have a few pairs on hand
post #110227 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

Alden Cigar NST Blucher. Aberdeen Last.






Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)












-Mike

These are gorgeous.
post #110228 of 122416
Anyone know what happened to McArthur?
post #110229 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb43 View Post

Any reviews of the snuff suede chukkas? I would wager a ton of people have them on here..thanks! Not many photos/discussion of worn pairs out there..etc

I am wearing mine today....picked up an E width on ebay to try for sizing and they seem to work....TTS in D width also works for me in the tan suede chukkas I picked up from another member....they are great for the warmer weather....highly recommend.
post #110230 of 122416
Like Mdubs, I too have a pair that has some iterating stitching around the ankle....withy a few wears I either got used to the rub or they conformed to my legs and no longer bother me.....I wear mine exclusively without socks and love how they fit and feel
post #110231 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbombers85 View Post

Anyone know what happened to McArthur?

 

tax season he goes hard with work

post #110232 of 122416

Really appreciate the responses on the snuff chukkas- I have one more question.

 

I am deciding between them or the snuff ptb. Which would you prefer to wear more a little "dressed up" with business casual? I typically wear standard wool dress pants and a dress shirt, nothing crazy. I am hoping that one of these shoes can be worn as part of the work rotation.

post #110233 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb43 View Post

Really appreciate the responses on the snuff chukkas- I have one more question.

I am deciding between them or the snuff ptb. Which would you prefer to wear more a little "dressed up" with business casual? I typically wear standard wool dress pants and a dress shirt, nothing crazy. I am hoping that one of these shoes can be worn as part of the work rotation.

If they're both on the Leydon, I'd take the PTB. If the PTB is on the Barrie, I'd go with the chukka. The combo of Barrie last, suede, and unlined makes for an ultra casual shoe - about as casual as a welted leather sole shoe could be IMO.
post #110234 of 122416
I think the unlined PTB is more easy to dress up than the chukka....for casual wear the chukka is hard to beat

the sizing is tricky on the PTBs though.....for me they do not fit like other barrie-lasted shoes and I went TTS
post #110235 of 122416
Gents, my Cordovan chukkas seem to be ready for their first restoration (or resoles). They've seen twice a week wear for 21 months, before a small hole has started to show on one of the soles and the heel pads show major wear towards the back.

I don't know how worthwhile the entire restoration will be given I just need new soles and the leather condition is excellent, but curious how this compares with others' experiences and if people generally opt to use a reputable cobbler for the resole in lieu of the restoration in cases like mine.

The biggest deterrent is using a cobbler, then later being denied Alden's restoration service when I really need it. Thanks in advance!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.