Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on 1/1/17 at 9:11am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 7296post #109427 of 1224165/6/15 at 5:14pmQuote:
Plenty of the good Ravello, in fact most of it, stays in the gold ole US of A. I've got a new pair of LHS in Ravello that I decided to let go in fact.post #109428 of 1224165/6/15 at 5:22pmQuote:Originally Posted by chrisefi
I really like the conversation that was going on a little while back about everyone's "Grail" and whether or not they own it. What about the shoe or boot that doesn't exist?
What would you MTO if you could?
My dream MTO's:
- Color 4 Wingtip Boot with Antique Edge on Commando with Brass Eyelets (all eyes) and a pull tab.
- Cigar Naval Boot with Antique Edge on Commando with Brass Eyelets and pull tab.
- Whiskey Cap Toe boot on Grant/Commando.
Interested to see what people come up with!
Sign me up for all three!
I wouldnt change a thing on your list. Although a Cigar Pitt boot would either join that list or replace the cigar naval. Great makeups.
Saddles have really started to creep up on my radar. So any sort of fun shell/shell saddle or shell/suede would be also on my list.
I was actually just thinking about a whiskey captoe yesterday.post #109429 of 1224165/6/15 at 5:23pmpost #109430 of 1224165/6/15 at 5:31pmpost #109431 of 1224165/6/15 at 5:42pmpost #109432 of 1224165/6/15 at 5:42pmQuote:
so nice. great color.Quote:Originally Posted by sazon
In the 90's and early 2000s I used to make yearly trips to Italy with an empty suitcase and return with Italian shoes galore. The $ was strong and life was good.
Proud nephew here. Much respect to Uncle Mac. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
great looking boots sazon.Quote:Originally Posted by BenLeaman Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
AoDC Cigar Captoe boots
great boots benpost #109433 of 1224165/6/15 at 6:13pmQuote:Originally Posted by MrDV
Shoe nerd here.
Anyone care to confess what filled their shoe fix before Aldens?
I was a big jordan fan in high school. Begged my parents for air jordans and mr robinsons and barkleys and penny hardaways.
I also went through an "italian designer" stage after college.
Only survivors left: original spacejams, original penny foamposites, and brown bit gamo loafers.
Funny. I had several pairs of OG Jordan's with only a few wears on them till August of last year when I let the last pair of black 23's go on eBay.
Had multiple colorways of the Penny's in HS, and still have a fixation with Nike Air Max (Have numerous pairs of ID's).post #109434 of 1224165/6/15 at 6:16pm
I inherited my grandfathers 975s 25 years ago. They were a tad big, but that didn't stop me from wearing them for a while. I eventually parted with them, and wanted to replace them for a long time. Eventually I did, and with all there is to see and learn on the web.....well, you know the story...post #109435 of 1224165/6/15 at 6:17pmpost #109436 of 1224165/6/15 at 6:18pmQuote:Originally Posted by Burzan
Finally caught a sale on the Banana Republic belt that I thought would match reverse tobacco chamois. Ended up snagging it for $28 CAD which is a about 55% off regular price. It arrived yesterday and as someone else mentioned it is really quite a good match in person. The quality isn't too bad either and it totally worth it if you are able to snag it on sale.
Snapped a couple pics and it's raining here today so was a great day to try it out with my Leffot Greenwich boots. Forgive me in advance for the crotch shot lol, just trying to show the 3 foot rule match.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I cannot wait for my preorder now. Great pics! That material was made for a wingtip boot. Good tip on the belt too.Quote:Originally Posted by MrDV
whiskey x harrison ltd.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Can't spoiler. These are just too nice Ben!post #109437 of 1224165/6/15 at 6:22pmQuote:
Search Halleck boot pics here. Should make your call easy.post #109438 of 1224165/6/15 at 6:30pmAdvice need for Alden suede to wear with business casual (my everyday boring version is wool dress pants and a dress shirt).
I have color 8 lwb already so I don't want a suede longwing.
Dark brown or snuff?
Chukka, loafer,monk or ptb?
Any advice would be appreciated!post #109439 of 1224165/6/15 at 6:31pmpost #109440 of 1224165/6/15 at 6:32pm
OK, lots of shoes. Many are basically beautiful dinosaurs that will never be made again, so it's a good body of reference. He's too prolific to ignore, so I just wish he would:
- actually answer questions. He posts jumbo look-at-me photos, but when someone asks him a serious question, he blushes and says nothing. I suppose that's his right to be as anonymous as he wishes in a forum, but I find it off-putting.
- not claim the method of wiping and brushing shoes--the most rudimentary shoe care--as his own. He doesn't wear any one pair enough for them to really demand care. One or two wears a year? Come on! And I say there's no way he gets that depth with brushing alone.
- consolidate all of his thank-yous into one multi-quote. (and I wish people in general would spoiler more)
But other than that, I bow to his collection.
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Carmina UK 9.5E Dark Brown/Vegano Loafers from Carmina GMTO 32 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 1 minute ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 10 minutes ago
- › The State of Black Tie: Your Observations 12 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 14 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 15 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 17 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...