or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 7246  

post #108676 of 122416

In my search for an all weather shoe - I am trying my luck on a pair of shoemart second Innsbruck.  I'm not holding my breathe that they will be keepers - as I'd be amazed if they show up with only a minor flaw (given that I am picking up something that was on the March seconds list) - fingers crossed.

post #108677 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carson View Post
 

So you wear a 13D? You might check and see what Alden SF has…they have some exotic shell in unusual sizes (or so they did a few weeks ago when I was over there)

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handcuffed View Post


Alden SF has a Ravello chukka and a Whiskey PTB. Both in size 13E and both on the Barrie last.

 

I appreciate the big foot tips.  I got my whiskey, ravello, and cigar chukkas in the stable already.  I can only wear 13E in a narrow last like Aberdeen, or boots on Grant.  I'm in pretty tight with Alden SF and DC...that's where I got a lot of rare make-ups in the early days of going wild buying Aldens.  

 

It's pretty cool that Alden SF had cigar and whiskey NST shoes on Aberdeen 3 years ago, not sure when they were made.  I also got a Cigar full strap NST slip on...never seen any of those on SF.

 

Steve

post #108678 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddha25 View Post
 


Don't get me wrong, the shoe is great.  But for me its a big investment and for some reason the longwings don't feel right.  If I could have the exact same shoe in a different style then I'd rather go down that road.


A great compromise is the NST shoe.  Can be casual or dress and it's on barrie last from a few shops.  I also like cap toes which are usually on the Grant last.

 

Steve

post #108679 of 122416
With RTP and Don L. Alden x BB King Tassels

post #108680 of 122416
Handcuffed,

Anything worthwhile 11.5-12 that you know of?
post #108681 of 122416
Nothing
post #108682 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR Magat View Post

Ravello swb x Leather Soul today

great looking shoes! what brand chinos are those?

post #108683 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Profligate47 View Post

Aberdeen


These are great. The Aberdeen > Barrie in this style.
post #108684 of 122416

Quite surprisingly, a long-time patient of mine said they were so happy with the care I have given them over the years that they wanted to get me an Alden shoe (they know about my Alden appreciation).  I've never owned anything in natural chromexcel before, and was thinking perhaps I would give something in that leather a try. Would love to hear if anyone has anything very positive (or not) to say about it in terms of how it wears, patina, etc, etc. I am assuming that the normal CXL creasing will be present so I will probably go with something more casual....  

post #108685 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carson View Post
 

Quite surprisingly, a long-time patient of mine said they were so happy with the care I have given them over the years that they wanted to get me an Alden shoe (they know about my Alden appreciation).  I've never owned anything in natural chromexcel before, and was thinking perhaps I would give something in that leather a try. Would love to hear if anyone has anything very positive (or not) to say about it in terms of how it wears, patina, etc, etc. I am assuming that the normal CXL creasing will be present so I will probably go with something more casual....  


Damn I wish one of my patients would do that for me!!

post #108686 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by inn8chiro View Post
 


Damn I wish one of my patients would do that for me!!

LOL, it was very unexpected - and obviously - atypical!

post #108687 of 122416

Whiskey gunboats 

 

post #108688 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by GONZOtheMAN View Post
 

great looking shoes! what brand chinos are those?


Thanks!  The chinos are actually Wallace & Barnes (J.Crew) selvedge, which I got on sale but they are usually excluded from promo codes.  It's similar to the RRL slim rigid chino: http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=54992906

post #108689 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhitelaw View Post

Handcuffed,

Anything worthwhile 11.5-12 that you know of?

Didn't you just kop the Ravello Naval Boot?!
post #108690 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by TO Tie Guy View Post

Didn't you just kop the Ravello Naval Boot?!

Yeah he did, but if he's being honest with himself, it's too big for him and he's going to sell it to me.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.