Thank you dubsy!
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on 1/1/17 at 9:11am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 7245post #108661 of 1224164/23/15 at 9:02ampost #108662 of 1224164/23/15 at 9:08amQuote:
Will do RTP! They are exactly what I was looking for in a Spring/Summer shoe. First ballot;) And yeah they are lined.post #108663 of 1224164/23/15 at 9:09amQuote:Originally Posted by newbiealden
Funny you mention that .. Called Alden madison yesterday and sales rep didn't sound like he had much interest in selling a pair of shoes. First interaction - probably won't call them again.
@kwhitelaw and @Alcibiades are both correct. Alden on Madison has a few not so nice/patient SA's, but I have personally witnessed why that is so. They deal with a lot of overbearing, impatient, and not-so-nice customers, that do not intend on buying from them (just visiting for sizing). In any case, Anthony is the guy you need to reach if you do business with them. He is AWESOME! When my exotic boot comes in at the end of the summer, I will owe him a big thank you! I highly recommend...post #108664 of 1224164/23/15 at 9:14ampost #108665 of 1224164/23/15 at 10:09amQuote:
CB is Curtis (I'm omitting the last name on purpose). He's been great to me! I've ordered 3 pairs of exotic shoes through them in the last year and he's always looked out for me. I've talked to one guy (hes there on weekends, I think) who is not the most pleasant - he seems older, but everyone else there is great and they will continue getting business for me. Agreed with the posted who commented on the handling of the situation with ravello. Great move on their part and I scored an extra pair out of it.post #108666 of 1224164/23/15 at 10:26ampost #108667 of 1224164/23/15 at 10:28ampost #108668 of 1224164/23/15 at 10:53am
I ordered my first ever Alden's from AOM and have always felt that they were a stand up shop.
The guys there have the tendency to be a little grumpy (As we all do )
But, they are very down to earth guys. One of the better Alden shops around IMO.
Thanks.post #108669 of 1224164/23/15 at 11:49am
So here is my dilemma. I just picked up a pair of Alden LWB from J Crew that have the Barrie last. Super comfortable shoe. I can't even put AE on my feet. They hurt the ball of my foot. The Alden's were comfortable right out of the box. I am not sure if I am crazy about the long wing design though. My question is does Alden make similar style shoes in different designs? I prefer wingtips over longings so I'm pretty open to new designs.
Suggestions would be appreciated!post #108670 of 1224164/23/15 at 11:55amQuote:Originally Posted by Buddha25
So here is my dilemma. I just picked up a pair of Alden LWB from J Crew that have the Barrie last. Super comfortable shoe. I can't even put AE on my feet. They hurt the ball of my foot. The Alden's were comfortable right out of the box. I am not sure if I am crazy about the long wing design though. My question is does Alden make similar style shoes in different designs? I prefer wingtips over longings as well.
Suggestions would be appreciated!
Yes. There are short wing, plain toe, cap toe, and brogue versions of this style. I do not care for many styles that are popular among SF members, including long wings and most Indies. Everyone's preferences are different; you should get what you like. Glad you discovered Alden. Best of luck. Cheers.post #108671 of 1224164/23/15 at 11:57ampost #108672 of 1224164/23/15 at 12:06pmQuote:
My Friend. Those are a splendid specimen of Alden shoe making.
I would rock those big clunky and comfy gun boats till the soles fell off....and then send them back to Alden for restoration.
What don't you like about them? If you don't mind me asking of course.
Thanks.post #108673 of 1224164/23/15 at 12:10pmpost #108674 of 1224164/23/15 at 12:12pmpost #108675 of 1224164/23/15 at 12:24pm
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 43 seconds ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 7 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 10 minutes ago
- › MoneyWellSpent's Southern Trad Thread 13 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 13 minutes ago
- › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Long Wallet For Men? 15 minutes ago
- › Wedding in September - Mostly know what I want 20 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 27 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...