or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 7243  

post #108631 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by TO Tie Guy View Post

[/spoiler]

I also have a pair incoming from Frans. great stuff!

Really great makeup. Exchange rates didnt hurt either:)
post #108632 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by breck81 View Post

My Frans Boone Snuff suede dovers arrived. Super stoked on these. Double leather/waterlock soles, brass eyes, snuff suede...Oh my. This is my second go with Frans and they have yet to disappoint. The free Alden trees do not hurt either. These were a great end to a long day of traveling. Super excited to get these hit with nano and out into the wild.

 

Those look great, congrats! I am jealous, I have been trying to buy those for months in 8.5D but they are never in stock.

post #108633 of 122416

beautiful day here in Nashville. Brought out the cigar's today
post #108634 of 122416
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post

Whiskey Wednesday with some fresh gunboats.  Only the second time wearing these.  Pretty happy with DC's latest run!

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalair1 View Post

Maiden voyage of my newly aquired from SF Marketplace Leffot Whiskey Tankers.
Happy Whiskey Wednesday!

Steve



Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzan View Post


Damn those are a stunning casual boot, congrats on the purchase!



Whiskey Wednesday for me too, PTB with J Crew socks and EP duck canvas Rivet chinos



Three incredible and very different Whiskey make ups today guys. Looking superb!

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTYGGG View Post



Cigar Chukka & EP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don L View Post

DC Cigar Cap's today - forgot it was Wednesday happy.gif




Quote:
Originally Posted by mike fite View Post


beautiful day here in Nashville. Brought out the cigar's Today

Another nice showing in Cigar guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mddb83 View Post

I've been lurking on here but just picked up some snuff suede's from Leffot (http://leffot.com/shop/index.php/shoes/alden/51670-captoe-snuff-suede.html) so feel like I can get into the mix. I'll post pics once I get them because I am giddy with anticipation. On an aside, I have been eyeing the Color 8 Longwings too but before I drop that kind of coin, do Alden's ever go on sale? 

Congrats on your new pickup! Alden's are not supposed to go on sale ever but sometimes a shop will close down and liquidate their stock or JCrew or BB will screw up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post

Burnished tan. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Looking great in your calfs Zip.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Profligate47 View Post

Snuff LHS:


Quote:
Originally Posted by breck81 View Post

My Frans Boone Snuff suede dovers arrived. Super stoked on these. Double leather/waterlock soles, brass eyes, snuff suede...Oh my. This is my second go with Frans and they have yet to disappoint. The free Alden trees do not hurt either. These were a great end to a long day of traveling. Super excited to get these hit with nano and out into the wild.












Looking great in your Snuffs! Enjoy your new Brassed PTBs B.

-Mike
post #108635 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Handcuffed View Post

How long has Leathersoul been down?

Yeah, I noticed that earlier today….

post #108636 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Handcuffed View Post

How long has Leathersoul been down?

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carson View Post
 

Yeah, I noticed that earlier today….

 

transitioning to http://leathersoul.com here on out if I'm not mistaken

 

some of their email addresses are no longer used too, so might want to confirm with them by phone for the future.

post #108637 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carson View Post

Bureau Belfast has one at the moment

Thanks Carson, hits the spot! Check out has spot for discount code. Anyone have one?
post #108638 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by 89826 View Post

Thanks Carson, hits the spot! Check out has spot for discount code. Anyone have one?
You just missed out on their Easter code.
post #108639 of 122416
Anyone familiar with the staff in alden madison? (Name on the receipt : CB).
My friend said she receive very poor service from him (very poor attitude towards asian).
post #108640 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldennoob View Post

Anyone familiar with the staff in alden madison? (Name on the receipt : CB).
My friend said she receive very poor service from him (very poor attitude towards asian).

Funny you mention that .. Called Alden madison yesterday and sales rep didn't sound like he had much interest in selling a pair of shoes. First interaction - probably won't call them again.
post #108641 of 122416

While having never stepped foot in the madison shop, I can say without a doubt that Anthony (I believe is his name) has been nothing but professional. Emails responded to remarkably quick (from a retail standpoint), and follow up phone calls are almost immediate and short duration once on the phone (payment, size confirmation, address confirmation, terminate call and on with my day).

 

I'd try and give them another shot, if Anthony is available. Or give Kathy a call in DC if you do not have to verify fitment.

post #108642 of 122416
The Alden Madison guys can be "gruff" for lack of a better word at first, but they know their stuff.

In general, each Alden retailer (with maybe the exception of Epaulet and Alden DC) has its share of detractors. At the end of the day, if you access to the widest variety of models, you are going to have to get to know every retailer regardless of how that first interaction went.
post #108643 of 122416
Ravello swb x Leather Soul today
post #108644 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by newbiealden View Post


Funny you mention that .. Called Alden madison yesterday and sales rep didn't sound like he had much interest in selling a pair of shoes. First interaction - probably won't call them again.


seems this is not racist, he just hate his job lol

post #108645 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhitelaw View Post
 

While having never stepped foot in the madison shop, I can say without a doubt that Anthony (I believe is his name) has been nothing but professional. Emails responded to remarkably quick (from a retail standpoint), and follow up phone calls are almost immediate and short duration once on the phone (payment, size confirmation, address confirmation, terminate call and on with my day).

 

I'd try and give them another shot, if Anthony is available. Or give Kathy a call in DC if you do not have to verify fitment.

I also receive very good email service from alden ny, is Anthony response for all email reply? guess the cashier name CB do not stand for Anthony.

Cant imagine my friend receive such poor attitude service while visit the store in person.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.