or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 7222  

post #108316 of 122416
Looks beautiful. Don't think I have heard of an unlined LWB. Sorry bro! Doesn't mean that it doesn't exist though.
post #108317 of 122416
I need some expertise on Alden QC for plain toe suede boots. I bought a pair thru the Brooks Bros. sale and they arrived yesterday. I tried them on and the left boot felt as though it was making my ankle roll outward. I took a look and discovered that the heel is uneven due to the thinness of the welt in one spot on the outside of the left heel.



I would normally return and order another pair but they're sold out in my size (9D). I assume that this is a defect and that they should not have allowed the shoes to go out. Am I right? Is there any way to address the problems with the boot? Will Alden do it free if I send the boots to them? Or should I simply ask for a refund and hope I can get another pair for this price later down the road?
post #108318 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mghart View Post
 

Thanks guys! I know calf doesn't get a whole lot of love, but I think the alden calf is great, and looks and feels better than AE imo. 

Since I only started buying Aldens last year, I want a well-rounded collection of leathers. One calf,shell,CXL so far and on some lists for different colored CXL, shell. 

love calfskin too. I have both calfskin (405) and CXL (403) indy boots. I like calfskin indy more because CXL leather stretches too much imo.

post #108319 of 122416
Another photo:

post #108320 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

Looks beautiful. Don't think I have heard of an unlined LWB. Sorry bro! Doesn't mean that it doesn't exist though.

I think that may be my new grail for summer haha. Fingers crossed
post #108321 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey_sandwich View Post

I need some expertise on Alden QC for plain toe suede boots. I bought a pair thru the Brooks Bros. sale and they arrived yesterday. I tried them on and the left boot felt as though it was making my ankle roll outward. I took a look and discovered that the heel is uneven due to the thinness of the welt in one spot on the outside of the left heel.



I would normally return and order another pair but they're sold out in my size (9D). I assume that this is a defect and that they should not have allowed the shoes to go out. Am I right? Is there any way to address the problems with the boot? Will Alden do it free if I send the boots to them? Or should I simply ask for a refund and hope I can get another pair for this price later down the road?

No offense but I don't think you are right.  This doesn't look like a big deal and shouldn't cause your ankle to roll.  If you are unhappy then by all means return them.  I'm not really sure these merit a refund or accommodation.  I would also expect that any minor unevenness would correct itself with a little wear, but I can't guarantee that.  You can see what BB will do - they may accommodate you.

post #108322 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

Looks beautiful. Don't think I have heard of an unlined LWB. Sorry bro! Doesn't mean that it doesn't exist though.


I may be totally off base here, but maybe B Nelson or someone could de-construct the shoe and take out the lining?
post #108323 of 122416
Snuff suede Roy boots
post #108324 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzan View Post

Second wearing of these new loafers and they are so damn comfortable already. Does anyone make an unlined suede LWB?


Also, does the Epaulet tan suede belt match really well? Anyone have it and can post a pic with a pair of Alden tan. I assume it's basically as close a match as I can get.


Very nice, I am breaking currently the same model in snuff. tight as hell on the instep for me.

aren't these a bit big for you on your hells?

 

 

 

thank you

post #108325 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by budapest12 View Post

No offense but I don't think you are right.  This doesn't look like a big deal and shouldn't cause your ankle to roll.  If you are unhappy then by all means return them.  I'm not really sure these merit a refund or accommodation.  I would also expect that any minor unevenness would correct itself with a little wear, but I can't guarantee that.  You can see what BB will do - they may accommodate you.

None taken. Here's one more photo with a tape measure for reference. There's almost a 1/2" gap between the outside of the heel and the ground. I normally don't wear shoes down that far for years, even crepe.

post #108326 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzan View Post

Second wearing of these new loafers and they are so damn comfortable already. Does anyone make an unlined suede LWB?
Very nice look! Digging the pants too! Are those J. Crew bowery in chambray?
post #108327 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey_sandwich View Post

None taken. Here's one more photo with a tape measure for reference. There's almost a 1/2" gap between the outside of the heel and the ground. I normally don't wear shoes down that far for years, even crepe.


I'd return them since it is more than a cosmetic thing for you.
post #108328 of 122416

Hi guys, i will visit New york in the coming weeks. Planning to visit leffot, alden madison and citi shoes. I want to ask do alden madison carry any shoes horn and how much are they?

If i want to buy shoes horn from abbeyhorn http://www.quality-shop.com/world/brands/abbeyhorn , do you guys know where i can find them in nyc?

Thanks!

post #108329 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldennoob View Post

Hi guys, i will visit New york in the coming weeks. Planning to visit leffot, alden madison and citi shoes. I want to ask do alden madison carry any shoes horn and how much are they?
If i want to buy shoes horn from abbeyhorn http://www.quality-shop.com/world/brands/abbeyhorn , do you guys know where i can find them in nyc?
Thanks!

Leffot has Abbeyhorn.

Madison has shoe horns as well, I am unsure if they have the cordovan ones in, but they will have some for sure.
post #108330 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by TO Tie Guy View Post


Leffot has Abbeyhorn.

Madison has shoe horns as well, I am unsure if they have the cordovan ones in, but they will have some for sure.


thanks!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.