or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 7220  

post #108286 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzan View Post

Yeah dark burgundy, burgundy or also referred to as color 8

Thank you.
post #108287 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdahab View Post


There are two ways to wear white bucks: you either try to keep them white and nice, or you beat the living crap out of them. Both are fine, but you've just got to commit one way or the other. I bought these knowing I'd be beating the crap out of them. If you want them to stay pristine, wearing them gardening, doing lawn work, or with raw denim is definitely not recommended. smile.gif

Fair enough and more power to you for beating the crap out of them.

post #108288 of 122416

hello everyone! first post here.

 

i've been reading SF threads for a long time now. thought i'd share my Alden boots for you all. i'm in love with these things.

 

indy in chromexcel. i believe these are bootmaker edition. i picked them up off of ebay for a steal last week. i plan to make these my everyday casual/hiking/traveling/riding boots. they seemed like such a good price i couldnt pass them up.  i think these would be very interesting if they came in shell whiskey or tobacco with a leather soul.

 

 

shell cordovan #8 wingtips on the barrie last. picked these up from Alden of DC. they are great people and got me sized just right. i love these so much i've been wearing these pretty much 3 days a work week and maybe once every weekend. and they've broken in so nicely. had them about a month and a half now. i was originally looking for some captoe shell boots on the barrie last with speed hooks and leather soul but they didnt have that variation and i fell in love with these as soon as i put them on.

post #108289 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by GONZOtheMAN View Post
 

hello everyone! first post here.

 

i've been reading SF threads for a long time now. thought i'd share my Alden boots for you all. i'm in love with these things.

 

indy in chromexcel. i believe these are bootmaker edition. i picked them up off of ebay for a steal last week. i plan to make these my everyday casual/hiking/traveling/riding boots. they seemed like such a good price i couldnt pass them up.  i think these would be very interesting if they came in shell whiskey or tobacco with a leather soul.

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

shell cordovan #8 wingtips on the barrie last. picked these up from Alden of DC. they are great people and got me sized just right. i love these so much i've been wearing these pretty much 3 days a work week and maybe once every weekend. and they've broken in so nicely. had them about a month and a half now. i was originally looking for some captoe shell boots on the barrie last with speed hooks and leather soul but they didnt have that variation and i fell in love with these as soon as i put them on.

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

Great boots! Welcome to the Alden thread!

post #108290 of 122416
Just picked these up from AOM. Really liking them a lot with the commando sole.
post #108291 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mghart View Post

Just picked these up from AOM. Really liking them a lot with the commando sole. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Those are beautiful. There are not enough non-shell dress Aldens posted here.
post #108292 of 122416

^^^agreed on both counts

post #108293 of 122416

Thanks guys! I know calf doesn't get a whole lot of love, but I think the alden calf is great, and looks and feels better than AE imo. 

Since I only started buying Aldens last year, I want a well-rounded collection of leathers. One calf,shell,CXL so far and on some lists for different colored CXL, shell. 

post #108294 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mghart View Post

Thanks guys! I know calf doesn't get a whole lot of love, but I think the alden calf is great, and looks and feels better than AE imo. 
Since I only started buying Aldens last year, I want a well-rounded collection of leathers. One calf,shell,CXL so far and on some lists for different colored CXL, shell. 

What color calf is that called?
post #108295 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsgleason View Post


What color calf is that called?


Its burnished tan calf. Its hard to tell from pictures sometimes, but it is a deeper brown color in person. 

post #108296 of 122416
PSA: 20% off on Haberdash with code LOOKGOOD. Applies to Alden's as well.
post #108297 of 122416

I've always loved Alden's burnished tan calf and hope to own a makeup in that colour some day.




I meant to post this a few weeks ago. Some 975 TLC. Fresh sole edge dressing followed by some Saphir high gloss wax. I used the wax because the Fiebing's sole edge dressing alone left a very matte finish. Does anyone know what Alden uses in the factory? Thanks.
Edited by Allen Dreadmon - 4/16/15 at 12:21pm
post #108298 of 122416
Besides a horsehair brush and shoe trees, what is a must buy for my new color 8 975?
post #108299 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnOxymoron View Post

Besides a horsehair brush and shoe trees, what is a must buy for my new color 8 975?

Did you get them already?

You don't need much. Shell is much more hassle free. The mac method is great for daily maintenance (slightly damp soft rag followed by brushing).

A deer bone is good for smoothing out scuffs, and Saphir burgundy cordovan creme is great for restoring color to scuffs.

Saphir Renovateur is great for occasional conditioning and gives is a nice soft glow.

Some folks use paste wax on their shell. I'm not one.
post #108300 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnOxymoron View Post

Besides a horsehair brush and shoe trees, what is a must buy for my new color 8 975?

Venetian is great stuff and used by Nick Horween - Viberg also ships it out with their boots (got it with my Brandy shells).

http://www.styleforum.net/t/274603/nick-v-interviews-nick-horween-horween-leather

"My standby is neutral Venetian Cream. C.A. Zoes is a great, old Chicago company and they make great stuff. There are so many different great products out there, though. The Saphir line is also great, and I know there are a million different products that people swear by. Everyone has a slightly different preference, so I always encourage people to use the products that give them the appearance they like."
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.