or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 7191  

post #107851 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

I was more looking for what your favorite Alden is and whether or not you own it, guys. If you can pick an absolute favorite.... 

the next one wink.gif
post #107852 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Handcuffed View Post


the next one wink.gif

So true 

post #107853 of 122416

Favorite that I have, cigar str8 tip, on aberdeen last:
 

eXZji4X.jpg

Wish list: A shortwing on a slimmer last, prefer blucher style.. Someone posted a cigar atom SW that leffot did, which would work.

post #107854 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by forbritisheyes View Post

quick question to everyone: does the short and tight trend run over to casual clothing as well? is it across the whole fashion industry?
Are you referring to trousers? I think the current trend is cuffs. In the mainstream industry anyway.

I prefer tapered uncuffed. Much sleeker. Without the typical 'jeans hem' I prefer them to be tailored like pants. Granted I have a really long frame. It just complements my body really well.
post #107855 of 122416
@Burzan

Right there with you man on the Whiskey NST.

I'd take a CapToe or a WT boot as a consolation price thou.

Favorite I own: Natural CXL CapToe (despite having the Ravelo NST, it's a close second)
post #107856 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosslovethreads View Post


Are you referring to trousers? I think the current trend is cuffs. In the mainstream industry anyway.

I prefer tapered uncuffed. Much sleeker. Without the typical 'jeans hem' I prefer them to be tailored like pants. Granted I have a really long frame. It just complements my body really well.

Well, I wear everything with cuffs if I can because it adds more weight and just makes things drape better. But my leg opening is 8"+ for casual wear(jeans & chinos) and 9"+ for formal wear since I wear size 12's. Cuffs will be better 95% of the time in my opinion.

 

I did not mean for this to be offensive in any manner. I just don't understand the current trend for tight clothing and the revealing of socks. Tight pants with small leg openings in general make people(especially me cause I'm tall and have small calves) look like they have clown feet. There's that guideline that pants should cover 2/3 of the shoe - I do half because it looks more balanced and allows me to have somewhat fitted pants. Some stuff looks great, but when I see people with short, tight jeans/chinos/trousers, it is going towards the direction of women's leggings. This is the highest and tightest I'd go(How he's done it looks great):

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
IMG_1751.JPG
IMG_1755.JPG

 

I think something done exquisitely was @EFV's recent Luxire trousers he posted somewhere. I liked them so much that I saved them on my computer. It will be a template for me in the future because I love the high-rise, double frwrd pleats, and overall aesthetic due to the leaning effect. I have multiple pair of reverse pleats and they just aren't as appealing. I will change how tapered they are by making them a bit roomier throughout the leg & opening, lower where I wear them by 1/2" (I think the top of the waistband lined up with the bottom of his naval) and lengthen it with a slight-moderate break so my socks don't show, but shit, are they good. THey are truly something that is conforming to some of today's trends without making me ask "really? why?". Great stuff.

 

Hopefully someone can enlighten me.


Edited by forbritisheyes - 4/9/15 at 1:52pm
post #107857 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbo316 View Post

@Burzan

Right there with you man on the Whiskey NST.

I'd take a CapToe or a WT boot as a consolation price thou.

Favorite I own: Natural CXL CapToe (despite having the Ravelo NST, it's a close second)

cxl over cordovan = blasphemy
post #107858 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by JjasonL View Post


Yeah I really want to get ravello nst so badly. Just waiting for the next batch.. Did you get yours from TSM??
With perfect fitting suits bespoke is the Way to go.
I got a few in Korea for 300 usd. And I'll prob get a few more the next time I go.

 

Yes Sir.  TSM indeed.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post
 

I used to think the same when DV would post his Ravello Tankers. Pretty content with Alden now that I have them.

 

I hear you.  I am finding myself more and more content with shoes as the days roll on.  Its pretty bad when someone will call and ask for an appt with me and I have to add an extra 15 min onto my prep time because it actually takes me that long to figure out which shoes to wear.  :crazy:

post #107859 of 122416

^^^What I would like is to get to the place to where I am only pulling the trigger once or twice a year on some seriously big guns.  My personal grails include a pair of G&G bal boots in #8.

post #107860 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyB View Post

Favorite that I own: Ravello NST boot on Aberedeen

Favorite that I don't own:
Wouldn't mind a tanker boot or Dr. Jones boot in Whiskey, either...

Hot damn these are plaza right?

I don't think Indy's look particular good in shell usually but hot damn does the Plaza pull it off.
post #107861 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akeem View Post


cxl over cordovan = blasphemy


That's the general opinion, I like cordovan but its not the end all be all.

 

I judge my favorites based on how many wears they get combined with their individual versatility.

post #107862 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by forbritisheyes View Post

Well, I wear everything with cuffs if I can because it adds more weight and just makes things drape better. But my leg opening is 8"+ for casual wear(jeans & chinos) and 9"+ for formal wear since I wear size 12's. Cuffs will be better 95% of the time in my opinion.

I did not mean for this to be offensive in any manner. I just don't understand the current trend for tight clothing and the revealing of socks. Tight pants with small leg openings in general make people(especially me cause I'm tall and have small calves) look like they have clown feet. There's that guideline that pants should cover 2/3 of the shoe - I do half because it looks more balanced and allows me to have somewhat fitted pants. Some stuff looks great, but when I see people with short, tight jeans/chinos/trousers, it is going towards the direction of women's leggings. This is the highest and tightest I'd go(How he's done it looks great):
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
IMG_1751.JPG
IMG_1755.JPG

I think something done exquisitely was @EFV
's recent Luxire trousers he posted somewhere. I liked them so much that I saved them on my computer. It will be a template for me in the future because I love the high-rise, double frwrd pleats, and overall aesthetic due to the leaning effect. I have multiple pair of reverse pleats and they just aren't as appealing. I will change how tapered they are by making them a bit roomier throughout the leg & opening, lower where I wear them by 1/2" (I think the top of the waistband lined up with the bottom of his naval) and lengthen it with a slight-moderate break so my socks don't show, but shit, are they good. THey are truly something that is conforming to some of today's trends without making me ask "really? why?". Great stuff.

Hopefully someone can enlighten me.

Well framed! Thanks... 110% in your camp.. Gentlemen cuff your trousers please... Not a mean streak, just personal preference, move on as you will.... Be yourself, every one else is taken..
post #107863 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by chipshot View Post

Well framed! Thanks... 110% in your camp.. Gentlemen cuff your trousers please... Not a mean streak, just personal preference, move on as you will.... Be yourself, every one else is taken..
@forbritisheyes
No offense taken. I think most guys in the Alden thread lean more towards the classic menswear camp. I definitely am not the typical Alden wearer. I own nothing from Epaulet. I wear a lot of Acne Studios, Burberry, and Dior. I also enjoy some classic menswear staples. Belstaff Trialmaster, Gitman Bros, Filson, and obviously Alden.

I have a very proportionate foot to height ratio, which means I have a fairly small foot considering. You're definitely right that guys in skin tight jeans and Aldens will look clowny. Again, I just have the frame to pull it off and it is what I favor aestheticly.
post #107864 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbo316 View Post


That's the general opinion, I like cordovan but its not the end all be all.

I judge my favorites based on how many wears they get combined with their individual versatility.
Someone had mentioned that if they knew nothing about Shell, they would think its a cheap synthetic material. Seems about right. I can't help but think #8 Alden is the most beautiful leather money can buy. Just me.
post #107865 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosslovethreads View Post
I have a very proportionate foot to height ratio, which means I have a fairly small foot considering. You're definitely right that guys in skin tight jeans and Aldens will look clowny. Again, I just have the frame to pull it off and it is what I favor aestheticly.

Truthfully, I think anyone with big feet and pants on the tighter side look like they have clown feet. For that matter, anyone that wears pants of any kind, be it formal or casual, that taper too aggressively at the ankles will look like he/she has clown feet no matter the shoe size. It's not a look/aesthetic I shoot for, but to each his own. :bigstar:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.