or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 7168  

post #107506 of 122416
AoM CXL perf captoes today. Two days in a row of Barrie and calf for me. Also, I'm sadly and slowly realizing that an 11d on Barrie is a much better fit for me than 10.5d. It's amazing how much time and money it takes to figure out sizing (although, in my defense, I'm pretty sure that taking up running again has changed my feet a bit).
post #107507 of 122416

For those that were looking for a belt to go with reverse tobacco chamois, Banana Replublic has a brown burnished suede belt online right now for $50. When zoomed in on the site it seems to have some reddish undertones. Might be worth checking out, and if you do please post about it. I might end up grabbing one though it is a bit more on the Canadian site.

 

 

http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse/product.do?pid=404024002&vid=1&locale=en_US&kwid=1&sem=false&sdReferer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.ca%2F

 

 

post #107508 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by brp2 View Post

AoM CXL perf captoes today. Two days in a row of Barrie and calf for me. Also, I'm sadly and slowly realizing that an 11d on Barrie is a much better fit for me than 10.5d. It's amazing how much time and money it takes to figure out sizing (although, in my defense, I'm pretty sure that taking up running again has changed my feet a bit).


Very nice boots! An interesting lacing method... more comfortable on your ankles?

post #107509 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPDarb View Post


Very nice boots! An interesting lacing method... more comfortable on your ankles?

Thanks! And the lacing is just a time thing, actually.
post #107510 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDV View Post

whiskey wednesday x aom



I'm in love! I suppose Whiskey is no longer available in an Indy?
post #107511 of 122416
MDubs, I spoke with Don at TSM and he believes a 7.5EE will be too small from the info I gave him eight he slight slip of heel in the 8E. The width is perfect in the 8E. A thicker sick will probably work well, but I don't like wearing thick socks unless I'm wilderness bound. He said the heel shouldn't enlarge any. I caught a cold so once I recover, I will reassess the situation some more. I think I just need to put them on and wear them.
post #107512 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by TO Tie Guy View Post

It is on the Hampton last.

Understood. Thank you. Leather Soul had that model on the Barrie last a couple years back. I wonder if anyone else does it on Barrie.....
post #107513 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevisIsland View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Looking good in your Whiskey lwbs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldennoob View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)




just took some better pictures
unlined dover, i guess it is better than ptb for me

Much better pics, those are a great model! :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkotsko View Post

A little Brassvello today.
Sun and shade shots.
I love these shoes. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)





Bravo! Perfection!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don L View Post

Cigar LHS today
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)




Looking great Don!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzan View Post

Maiden Voyage.

Now I need to grab a tan suede belt, natural CXL is as close as I have at the moment.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


And you are officially ready for summer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brp2 View Post

AoM CXL perf captoes today. Two days in a row of Barrie and calf for me. Also, I'm sadly and slowly realizing that an 11d on Barrie is a much better fit for me than 10.5d. It's amazing how much time and money it takes to figure out sizing (although, in my defense, I'm pretty sure that taking up running again has changed my feet a bit). Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Terrific!! Nicely don't my friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSgt93 View Post

MDubs, I spoke with Don at TSM and he believes a 7.5EE will be too small from the info I gave him eight he slight slip of heel in the 8E. The width is perfect in the 8E. A thicker sick will probably work well, but I don't like wearing thick socks unless I'm wilderness bound. He said the heel shouldn't enlarge any. I caught a cold so once I recover, I will reassess the situation some more. I think I just need to put them on and wear them.

Glad to hear you are all sorted out.

-Mike
post #107514 of 122416
Another PSA

OG PITT boots are back at LS.




Really like them.
post #107515 of 122416

Hallecks in and out of sun (and in EP Rivets & APC)

 

 

post #107516 of 122416
LS Anniversary Ravello first wear.
post #107517 of 122416
Zippy on a major role this week. Broke your whiskey streak, right?
post #107518 of 122416
@bkotsko - sweeeeeeeeeeet ravello !
post #107519 of 122416

Gentlemen,

 

This is such a great thread.  Perhaps my fav.

 

On another note, I had an opportunity to hang out at Context Clothing up in Madison WI, which is about 40 min from me.

 

Anyway, I got to meet the owner Sam and his biz partner, Greg I believe.

 

These dudes were super cool and they are HUGE Alden fans.

 

As you already figured out...we chewed the fat about Alden's for awhile.  (2 hrs...)

 

I was late for dinner....:embar:

 

Those guys have been in the Alden game for quite awhile and are EXTREMELY knowledgeable.

 

Furthermore, I picked up my first set of Alden Tree's from them and literally had to pry myself away from all the cool stuff they had in there....especially the denim....

 

This thread has been on fire lately with all the great makeups being showcased.

post #107520 of 122416
@z8k1n are those moleskin Rivets? Love the Hallecks.



What has felt like a very long week has come to an end! Happily heading home for a 3 day holiday weekend.

Broke the cigar LWBs out of hibernation for this trip. Tonight may be their first wear in months...
What can I say, I'm a boot guy.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.