Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 7160  

post #107386 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by JjasonL View Post
 

im curious to know what you guys think of viberg boots compared to aldens??

 

pretty steep price for CXL


The leather is thicker on Viberg's but they are both appealing to me for different reasons.

post #107387 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by JjasonL View Post
 

im curious to know what you guys think of viberg boots compared to aldens??

 

pretty steep price for CXL


only own one pair of vibergs (natty cxl) but the construction is on par or better than alden, the leather looks thicker (if it matters, idk)

 

I bought the pair of vibergs as they filled a void I did not have with alden (simply, a natty cxl boot)

post #107388 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neognosis View Post

 
I was in Maryland for business, and I took an hour drive into D.C. just to get these Kudu Longwings on double waterlock sole. My first pair of Alden's

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Welcome to the Alden community! Hope that you had a great visit with Kathy and Joe! You did very well my friend. Enjoy your new pair of Aldens!

Quote:
Originally Posted by breck81 View Post

 
Some Tuesday Tank action. Please forgive the cell phone shadow. My Shoe pic game is still semi pro level at best.


  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)








Alden NYC took great care of you! Enjoy your Color 8 Tanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzan View Post

 
Tan loafers arrived, they look great. I always thought I wanted snuff but Tan is going to be the perfect summer loafer. A quick office pic with my shoe of the day. I need some more shoe tress haha.


Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Love them, enjoy them! Great for the summer!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredey View Post

  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



Alden Snuff Suede Leydan last.

Terrific looking snuffs! Aren't those PTBs and on the Barrie? Hard to tell from the shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSgt93 View Post

My Alden Indy Bootmaker Edition (TSM) in Natural in Chrom Ex just arrived. They fit pretty good, but there is a little play. 8E's in these. I think a half size down would be too small, and I have wide feet? I'm also wearing somewhat thin socks. Anyways, love the Natural color. They seem like they don't need any break in at all! A few crappy pics as I threw them on for a quick lunch break.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)






Terrific looking Indy's. They look great in pretty much every color!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don L View Post

 
Color 8 EP Alt Wien's
Color 8 Watch Strap to match....
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)






Great shoe and its sporty to have the matching watch. The new run should be dropping soonish I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchman1 View Post

Who says you can't get a mirror shine on shell...
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


That is some great work my friend! Keep it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTYGGG View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
EA28CB9C-FF3C-4B2B-B54A-11CFACF3AD0D.jpg


LS #8 NST Saddle with Southwick suiting by EP for an interview today. smile.gif

Wow, those are great and rarely seen. Enjoy them my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikW View Post

 
Snagged these guys off the 'bay for under $300. Unionmade McCoppin Reverse Tobacco Chamois. Really interesting leather that shows character very quickly. Definitely going to be great for the two bad weather days we have a year in Austin. Sorry about the weird shade from my arm.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


You did very well on these sir! I hope that you enjoy them very much!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldennoob View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


First time sharing but sorry for poor quality and i have to work now.
First experience with unlined dover and this will be my summer shoes 2015 !
I will take some better pictures during easter:)

By a Nikon or Canon DSLR with a 50 mm prime lens. It will change your photography forever.

Nice shoes, I am sure you will be very happy with them! Did you get them from Kathy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post

Whiskey PTB


Yeah, these pretty much took the cake for the day! Great job Zippy!!!
Edited by mdubs - 3/31/15 at 8:03pm
post #107389 of 122416

Often copied, never surpassed. The original tassel loafer. Alden Color 8 Tassel.

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

-Mike

post #107390 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by JjasonL View Post

im curious to know what you guys think of viberg boots compared to aldens??

pretty steep price for CXL

both have their merits. Viberg makes a great boot, but for me, Alden is king when it comes to cordovan boots.
post #107391 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by JjasonL View Post

im curious to know what you guys think of viberg boots compared to aldens??

pretty steep price for CXL

This comparison and discussion pops up every once in a while in this thread. I think it depends on what you're looking for. Vibergs are definitely more expensive when comparing like-for-like but in my limited experience, I find their quality and attention to detail to be quite good, and in general better than Alden. Aesthetically, I think they're different as well with Viberg leaning more towards work boots and street wear. I suspect the demographics of their core customers are different too.

I gravitate toward Alden Shell boots as I find them formal enough for my work environment (business casual). I find Viberg (the non-work boots) to be too casual for my needs. It certainly doesn't hurt that Viberg non-shell prices are in the same ballpark as Alden Shell.

Regardless, both have their merits and at the end of the day, it really comes down to personal preference.
post #107392 of 122416

Some better pics of my new unlined tan suede loafers, along with some images comparing them to the lined Whiskey LHS in the same size. The unlined really does run quite a bit more narrow and by the looks of it even a bit shorter. They feel great on my feet though due to the unlined nature, though I can tell my pinky toes poke out a bit. 

 


 

My best iPhone Mdubs style pics haha (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Lost my light when it came time to try the on, you get the idea on what I mean with the bulging on the sides. I am not overly concerned as they are comfortable and fit great otherwise. Up a width and I may have experience heel slip. These will for sure be sockless all the time though due to the snug fit.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I am really interested as to why it would be such a difference on the exterior measurements when surely the footbed for a 7.5D Van last shoe would be from a machine cut template. My best guess is the suede gets lasted tighter as it's more pliable, then the outsole ends up getting cut more trim to match the look of the snugly lasted uppers.

 

 

 

 


Edited by Burzan - 3/31/15 at 7:46pm
post #107393 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikW View Post

Snagged these guys off the 'bay for under $300. Unionmade McCoppin Reverse Tobacco Chamois. Really interesting leather that shows character very quickly. Definitely going to be great for the two bad weather days we have a year in Austin. Sorry about the weird shade from my arm.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Nice score. These are on a long list of models I wish I had. I would have pulled the trigger sub $300 as well.
post #107394 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post
 

Often copied, never surpassed. The original tassel loafer. Alden Color 8 Tassel.

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

-Mike

THAT is style ! So very nice..

post #107395 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmallo15 View Post

This comparison and discussion pops up every once in a while in this thread. I think it depends on what you're looking for. Vibergs are definitely more expensive when comparing like-for-like but in my limited experience, I find their quality and attention to detail to be quite good, and in general better than Alden. Aesthetically, I think they're different as well with Viberg leaning more towards work boots and street wear. I suspect the demographics of their core customers are different too.

I gravitate toward Alden Shell boots as I find them formal enough for my work environment (business casual). I find Viberg (the non-work boots) to be too casual for my needs. It certainly doesn't hurt that Viberg non-shell prices are in the same ballpark as Alden Shell.

Regardless, both have their merits and at the end of the day, it really comes down to personal preference.

Great summary and I concur 100%. I have a pair of Black Shell Vibergs and they are absolutely gorgeous and crazy comfy, but they are outside my typical work wear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzan View Post

Some better pics of my new unlined tan suede loafers, along with some images comparing them to the lined Whiskey LHS in the same size. The unlined really does run quite a bit more narrow and by the looks of it even a bit shorter. They feel great on my feet though due to the unlined nature, though I can tell my pinky toes poke out a bit. 
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


  My best iPhone Mdubs style pics haha (Click to show)













Lost my light when it came time to try the on, you get the idea on what I mean with the bulging on the sides. I am not overly concerned as they are comfortable and fit great otherwise. Up a width and I may have experience heel slip. These will for sure be sockless all the time though due to the snug fit.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)













I am really interested as to why it would be such a difference on the exterior measurements when surely the footbed for a 7.5D Van last shoe would be from a machine cut template. My best guess is the suede gets lasted tighter as it's more pliable, then the outsole ends up getting cut more trim to match the look of the snugly lasted uppers. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)





Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



You will be well set for the summer my friend! Those are great loafers and I love the comfort of the Unlined LHSes. Thanks for sharing the photos.

Man, are you sure you got the right size though? Those shoes look way bigger than your feet! ;-)

-Mike
post #107396 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by z8k1n View Post

THAT is style ! So very nice..

Ha Thanks Z! I thought it paired well with my new EP shirt.



-Mike
post #107397 of 122416
Thanks MDubs.
post #107398 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSgt93 View Post

Thanks MDubs.

 

You are welcome! Have you worn them out yet?

 

I am a little worried that they may be too big for you. CXL actually has a tendency to stretch a little with time, if they are a pidge on the loose side, they may be a bit loose after 20 wears... Have you tried consider going down one length and up one width? So maybe trying a 7.5E and 7.5EE? It should be readily available in the 405 (they stock B to EEE on the 405 and C to E on the 403 according to the factory page), which is also TB lasted, so that way you will know your fit for sure! :-)

 

-Mike

post #107399 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

Alden NYC took great care of you! Enjoy your Color 8 Tanks!

They did indeed my friend. Love the King Tanks.
post #107400 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

You are welcome! Have you worn them out yet?

I am a little worried that they may be too big for you. CXL actually has a tendency to stretch a little with time, if they are a pidge on the loose side, they may be a bit loose after 20 wears... Have you tried consider going down one length and up one width? So maybe trying a 7.5E and 7.5EE? It should be readily available in the 405 (they stock B to EEE on the 405 and C to E on the 403 according to the factory page), which is also TB lasted, so that way you will know your fit for sure! :-)

-Mike

That is not good to hear at all. I believe 7.5's will be too small though. I may order a pair and compare. I have not worn these but for the quick pics and to get a feel. I'm trying not to crease them or mark the soles as TSM had a huge pictoral sign that they will not take them back and that they were inspected before leaving (with initials), although there was a scratch in the leather on the side of one of the boots you can see in the pic. No biggie to me with these Nats, but I would raise heck over a more complex finish.

I'm going to sleep on it and call them tomorrow and may just order another pair to compare. That may be the easiest way.

Thanks for the thoughts Mike.

~Steve
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.