I live in the SF Bay Area, work in the tech industry and dress mostly business casual (chinos, OCBD, occasional sport coat - I might wear a suit once a year for a wedding or funeral). The majority of the time I work from home and might go to the office/meetings a couple times a month. This means I might be in shorts a lot of the time during warmer months and my shoes don't get a lot of wear with some pairs not seeing the light of day for months at a time. I also found after buying and selling many pairs over the years that my tastes now run more towards the casual side of boots and shoes. I also have less desire to own/buy shell cordovan (I sold my Cigar Indy's last year) and lately have been drawn more to suede. So here is my collection with comments on how I wear:
- Need Supply Tobacco Chamois Ranger Moc resoled on Dainite by B. Nelson - Van 8.5D - beater, around town shoe that I just leave at the door
- TSM Seconds Leffot Tobacco Chamois Tanker Boot on Commando - use as a bad weather, backyard beater boot
- #8 975 LWB on double leather sole - Barrie 8D - doesn't get a lot of wear but a must keep
- Leffot Snuff Suede LWB on flex sole - Barrie 8D - purchased off B&S and gets regular wear (for me)
- Leffot Ravello LWB on double leather sole - Barrie 8D - purchased off B&S, one vamp is slightly darker, and gets little wear
- Alden DC 4060HC #8 Captoe Boot on Commando - Grant 8.5D - these were just resoled by Alden free of charge after the welt stitching started showing
- Alden DC Cigar Captoe Boot on Commando - Grant 9D - one of my first purchases off B&S before dialing in my size. Wear with insoles. Love the color and look but seldom wear
- C&J Islay Dark Brown Scotch Grain Wingtip Boot on Dainite - 365 Last UK7 - Bought in Paris last year and really like the style and fit
- Herring Gosforth II Cigar Suede Chukka on Dainite (Loake Kempton) - 026 Last UK7.5 - With the strong dollar, bought these from Herring Shoes this Winter with free shipping for around $240. Comfortable and wear regularly
My current thinking is offloading either the Cigar captoe boot and/or Ravello LWB but haven't made any decisions. I''m also thinking of adding a brown, snuff (or roughout) suede captoe or wingtip boot down the line.
So given my background and usage WWSFD? Any thoughts and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.