or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 7112  

post #106666 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonesy View Post


Purchased smile.gif
I thank you.
My wife curses you.


Congrats! 

post #106667 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPDarb View Post
 

Does anyone size differently in Barrie vs. TB?


Hey KPD, I am slightly different in TB and Barrie. For instance i have learned thru much trial and error ( read bought and sold many shoes) that I am a 8.5 e in Barrie and an 8.5 D in TB except for a cxl where the give of the cxl allows me to be comfortable on a 8.5d in Barrie

 

I think most size the same but i guess my feet are just a tad wider, requiring a e in Barrie

 

best of luck to you

 

 

DuckOB

post #106668 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckOB View Post


Hey KPD, I am slightly different in TB and Barrie. For instance i have learned thru much trial and error ( read bought and sold many shoes) that I am a 8.5 e in Barrie and an 8.5 D in TB except for a cxl where the give of the cxl allows me to be comfortable on a 8.5d in Barrie

I think most size the same but i guess my feet are just a tad wider, requiring a e in Barrie

best of luck to you


DuckOB

same for me. e in barrie and d in trubalance, but i've only worn mostly cordovan.
post #106669 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonesy View Post


Purchased smile.gif
I thank you.
My wife curses you.

 

LoL! Tell her that I am sorry! :-) But enjoy them!

post #106670 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akeem View Post


same for me. e in barrie and d in trubalance, but i've only worn mostly cordovan.


Akeem

 

thats a good point, i think a 8.5 d in barrie shell works for me.  KPD, what is the scenario or you are working thru?  shell , calf lined, cxl?

post #106671 of 122416

Alden Ravello LHS with Marcoliani Argyle OTCs and Gustin Selvedge Chinos and Epaulet Desert Sunset Twill Shirt. I normally don't post shirts, but I was really excited about this shirt... :-)

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

 

-Mike

post #106672 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post

While this one post on Sherman Bros. (about no exotic colors being done in recent history) makes them look pretty bad, they are actually extremely helpful and very positive, unlike some trolls that show up from time to time with nothing constructive to say (I don't mean you at all, tifosi).

I would highly recommend buying from Sherman Bros. if you are in Philadelphia.  They have given me great service and 25% off of stock shell models during their sale at the end of the year.  Both times they didn't have my size and had shoes drop-shipped direct from Alden to my home within a week.  Love those guys in downtown Philly...

I hope nothing I have said about Sherman Bros. has read as intentionally slanderous; if so I will gladly edit my posts because I never had those intentions. They are great, great guys and I enjoy coming into the store and talking with them anytime I drive by. I encourage anyone to swing in and check them out and then afterwards come out to meet the Philly Alden guys cool.gif
post #106673 of 122416
For those who missed out on Epaulet's Ryden boot, The Shoe Mart did a nearly identical makeup but in "black trapper" and a 270 degree storm welt. It looks excellent.
post #106674 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguls View Post

For those who missed out on Epaulet's Ryden boot, The Shoe Mart did a nearly identical makeup but in "black trapper" and a 270 degree storm welt. It looks excellent.

Nice boots but I see the version in green and wonder if this is the one that somebody just got that is really on Trubalance despite TSM saying they are Barrie.  I looked at the additional pictures of these and they have that TB look to them but I am uncertain. 

post #106675 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by budapest12 View Post

Nice boots but I see the version in green and wonder if this is the one that somebody just got that is really on Trubalance despite TSM saying they are Barrie.  I looked at the additional pictures of these and they have that TB look to them but I am uncertain. 

No way, they are definitely barrie. I have jcrew's plain toe tobacco boots and you can spot the barrie/tb difference from a mile away, even from 3/4 stance.
post #106676 of 122416
Opening a jar of ghee and thanks to the extra hot temp at my mom's I did not realize it would be liquefied....low and behold...pants took the brunt of the spill...and one large blob ended up on my snuff boots....ugh.....they were nano treated but only with a light spraying...
post #106677 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguls View Post


No way, they are definitely barrie. I have jcrew's plain toe tobacco boots and you can spot the barrie/tb difference from a mile away, even from 3/4 stance.

I doubt I could see, much less identify, either boot from even 1/8 of a mile away and I'm not familiar with anything other than a 4/4 stance (I might be blind but I don't skimp on my stance).  That said, happy to be wrong, they look like great boots and Barrie is definitely preferable in my book.

post #106678 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckOB View Post
 


Akeem

 

thats a good point, i think a 8.5 d in barrie shell works for me.  KPD, what is the scenario or you are working thru?  shell , calf lined, cxl?


DuckOB, 

 

I only have experience with CXL indys and they're a 10D. They're roomy so I wear them with heavyweight socks and they're good with that but still may have a small amount of room in the toes. My right foot in about a half size smaller than my left with less girth to boot. The length is more my concern. I really want to preorder some suede barrie lasted boots but don't know if i should go a half size down. In my indys, if i wear lightweight socks I have a good amount of room even in my bigger foot, id say half size. I think they became more roomy due to the nature of CXL. I guess my concern is more length than width. I don't know if this is a helpful picture but its my dilemma. 

 

Thanks!

post #106679 of 122416

Is Grant last and Aberdeen last sightly longer than Barrie last with same size?

planning to purchase a Aberdeen/grant last boot, dont know i should size down like barrie to keep the shoes look not too long.

post #106680 of 122416
The Aberdeen fits TTS and is Aldens longest and narrowest last.

The Grant is a tweener and many size down on it, but I stay TTS myself.

-Mike
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.