or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 7101  

post #106501 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by brp2 View Post

Cigar in the sun:
AppleMark



Also, on the subject of confusing sizing issues, how far off does everyone consider the Trubalance from the Barrie?  For me, the TB in 10.5D is a nearly perfect fit; the Barrie in 10.5D feels slightly too short and too narrow.  I'm wondering if it's possibly a difference in materials (CXL on TB and cordovan on Barrie), or if the lasts are different enough to warrant different sizes.  Is anyone else in the same boat, or do you all just size both the same?

With chrmxl I think I need a C width when compared to Barrie sizing. My Barrie size is slightly roomy, so I think I might also be able to go done a half size also. ie... Barrie 10d, trubalance 9.5d. I've never actually tried it but I think it would work. My 403 is pretty loose but very comfortable with thicker socks.
post #106502 of 122416

Springtime in New Orleans:

 

post #106503 of 122416

I got a dilemma that I'm hoping an expert on the Trubalance last can help me with. I purchased the jcrew #8 Indy boots during the 25% of sale and they are scheduled to ship later this month. I understood that many Indy boots are on Trubalance but what I didn't know is that it is a more voluminous last than Barrie. I just always assumed that Barrie was as large as it gets.  A 9D Barrie is the sweet spot for me with boots but any more room and they will likely be too big.

 

My preference are the Indy's but there are a couple of boots on ebay that I like almost as much, with both auctions ending in a few days. So my question is simply does anyone know whether the boots are on Trubalance or Barrie? Unfortunately the jcrew SA doesn't know and the description doesn't say.

 

Here's a link to the boots.......

 

https://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/JCrewingoodcompany/Alden/PRD~C0091/C0091.jsp?Nbrd=J&Nloc=en_US&Nrpp=48&Npge=1&Ntrm=alden&isSaleItem=false&color_name=DARK BURGUNDY&isFromSearch=true&isNewSearch=true&hash=row4

 

They had taken it down but apparently they got a few larger sizes available. As always, any input is appreciated.

post #106504 of 122416
They look TB to me.
post #106505 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnc View Post
 

I got a dilemma that I'm hoping an expert on the Trubalance last can help me with. I purchased the jcrew #8 Indy boots during the 25% of sale and they are scheduled to ship later this month. I understood that many Indy boots are on Trubalance but what I didn't know is that it is a more voluminous last than Barrie. I just always assumed that Barrie was as large as it gets.  A 9D Barrie is the sweet spot for me with boots but any more room and they will likely be too big.

 

My preference are the Indy's but there are a couple of boots on ebay that I like almost as much, with both auctions ending in a few days. So my question is simply does anyone know whether the boots are on Trubalance or Barrie? Unfortunately the jcrew SA doesn't know and the description doesn't say.

 

Here's a link to the boots.......

 

https://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/JCrewingoodcompany/Alden/PRD~C0091/C0091.jsp?Nbrd=J&Nloc=en_US&Nrpp=48&Npge=1&Ntrm=alden&isSaleItem=false&color_name=DARK BURGUNDY&isFromSearch=true&isNewSearch=true&hash=row4

 

They had taken it down but apparently they got a few larger sizes available. As always, any input is appreciated.

LOL, you're probably checking out my Ebay auctions -- the 9D PCT boots and tankers??

 

J Crew Indy's are invariably TB… TB is the default Indy last…

post #106506 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnc View Post

I got a dilemma that I'm hoping an expert on the Trubalance last can help me with. I purchased the jcrew #8 Indy boots during the 25% of sale and they are scheduled to ship later this month. I understood that many Indy boots are on Trubalance but what I didn't know is that it is a more voluminous last than Barrie. I just always assumed that Barrie was as large as it gets.  A 9D Barrie is the sweet spot for me with boots but any more room and they will likely be too big.



 



My preference are the Indy's but there are a couple of boots on ebay that I like almost as much, with both auctions ending in a few days. So my question is simply does anyone know whether the boots are on Trubalance or Barrie? Unfortunately the jcrew SA doesn't know and the description doesn't say.



 



Here's a link to the boots.......



 



https://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/JCrewingoodcompany/Alden/PRD~C0091/C0091.jsp?Nbrd=J&Nloc=en_US&Nrpp=48&Npge=1&Ntrm=alden&isSaleItem=false&color_name=DARK BURGUNDY&isFromSearch=true&isNewSearch=true&hash=row4



 



They had taken it down but apparently they got a few larger sizes available. As always, any input is appreciated.


 



The default last would be TB i'm pretty sure. Thats definitely what the picture would lead me to believe as well. TB is a bit more roomy but I do the same size as Barrie.

I canceled my order so thats why an 11 is available. Not sure why the link went active again either. I picked up some goodies from AoSD so needed to free up some funds. Sadly cheap shell had to go. But I'll have a pair on the Plaza last this year hopefully to make up for it.
post #106507 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by csmitty View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnc View Post

I got a dilemma that I'm hoping an expert on the Trubalance last can help me with. I purchased the jcrew #8 Indy boots during the 25% of sale and they are scheduled to ship later this month. I understood that many Indy boots are on Trubalance but what I didn't know is that it is a more voluminous last than Barrie. I just always assumed that Barrie was as large as it gets.  A 9D Barrie is the sweet spot for me with boots but any more room and they will likely be too big.



 



My preference are the Indy's but there are a couple of boots on ebay that I like almost as much, with both auctions ending in a few days. So my question is simply does anyone know whether the boots are on Trubalance or Barrie? Unfortunately the jcrew SA doesn't know and the description doesn't say.



 



Here's a link to the boots.......



 



https://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/JCrewingoodcompany/Alden/PRD~C0091/C0091.jsp?Nbrd=J&Nloc=en_US&Nrpp=48&Npge=1&Ntrm=alden&isSaleItem=false&color_name=DARK BURGUNDY&isFromSearch=true&isNewSearch=true&hash=row4



 



They had taken it down but apparently they got a few larger sizes available. As always, any input is appreciated.


 



The default last would be TB i'm pretty sure. Thats definitely what the picture would lead me to believe as well. TB is a bit more roomy but I do the same size as Barrie.

I canceled my order so thats why an 11 is available. Not sure why the link went active again either. I picked up some goodies from AoSD so needed to free up some funds. Sadly cheap shell had to go. But I'll have a pair on the Plaza last this year hopefully to make up for it.

I've never heard of indy's on Barrie, but you never know. Many have observed that the Jcrew shoes on Barrie tend to fit a little tighter vs standard Alden Barrie. For what it is worth, I ordered my Trubalance size on these.
post #106508 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevisIsland View Post

I've never heard of indy's on Barrie, but you never know. Many have observed that the Jcrew shoes on Barrie tend to fit a little tighter vs standard Alden Barrie. For what it is worth, I ordered my Trubalance size on these.

Needsupply had natty CXL Indy boots on the Barrie last year but it's pretty uncommon. Too bad.

Pretty sure every Indy jcrew has ever offered is TB and those look like no exception.
post #106509 of 122416
I'm a 9.5C on TB and the fit is perfect. Same size in Barrie shoe, not sure for boots though but I'd imagine the same.
post #106510 of 122416

looking to purchase a pair of alden "dover" PTB in black shell (similar to color 8's below) -- not seeing any for sale in the usual places, so i thought i would appeal to the forum for insights on where to look.

 

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 90http://leffot.com/alden-x-leffot-dover-color-8-shell-cordovan/

post #106511 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by afripix View Post

looking to purchase a pair of alden "dover" PTB in black shell (similar to color 8's below) -- not seeing any for sale in the usual places, so i thought i would appeal to the forum for insights on where to look.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Lost & Found got these in recently http://shoplostfound.com/collections/alden/products/alden-plain-toe-blucher-black-shell-cordovan-9901
post #106512 of 122416
I'm a 9.5eee on the TB... Has anyone seen any aldens of that size available? Ive seen them in the brown Chromexcel indy but that's it. I have a few pairs ordered from TSM that will be here in 6-12 months!! Ugg
post #106513 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty123 View Post

I'm a 9.5eee on the TB... Has anyone seen any aldens of that size available? Ive seen them in the brown Chromexcel indy but that's it. I have a few pairs ordered from TSM that will be here in 6-12 months!! Ugg

A 9.5EE Cigar Shell Indy just sold on Ebay last week for under $500…that was a surprise.

post #106514 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carson View Post

A 9.5EE Cigar Shell Indy just sold on Ebay last week for under $500…that was a surprise.

I didn't see those... I saw a whiskey pair go for 465. I was shocked as well. If I had seen the cigar I would have jumped on them! I'll
Just have to keep my eyes peeled!
post #106515 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty123 View Post


I didn't see those... I saw a whiskey pair go for 465. I was shocked as well. If I had seen the cigar I would have jumped on them! I'll
Just have to keep my eyes peeled!

really on the whiskey?? What model and size was that one??

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.