or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 7086  

post #106276 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel28 View Post

@Buckeye Nation @budapest12


LS Choco Tankers with original Alden and AldenxLS tan laces as requested.

SS 2015 collection lol


So what do you think - like it? I'm not sure honestly....
post #106277 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Nation View Post

So what do you think - like it? I'm not sure honestly....

I'm honesty not sure yet. I have to try it with both, dark and light denim.
post #106278 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by z8k1n View Post
 


do you have a closer-up shot showing the finishing issue/concern? From here they look stellar..

 

unfortunately not but I'll try and get some. some finishing across the wings, might not photograph 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post
 


Great looking pair of boots!  Are they whiskey shell?

Thanks! Yessir, from Madison's most recent preorder. 

post #106279 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldennoob View Post

Anyone got experience with the Alden madison 4065 black shell cap toe boot? Are they the same with the make up from the shoe mart bootmaker version 4065?

The model number is the same so they should be the same boot. The only difference would be the TSM branding on the innards.
For reference, I tried on a pair of the TSM 4060 4 months ago when I swung by the shop. I only recently could budget the 4060 and I got them from Madison. They are identical boots. So while this is not an apples to apples comparison, the only difference is the color of dye. I could not see any reason that the black should be any different.

Someone with far more Alden knowledge may chime in and tell us otherwise but I'd venture to say they are the same boot.





Oh yeah, almost forgot to mention, buy them! You will not be disappointed.
post #106280 of 122416

Hey guys, does anyone know where i can get my hands on some alden lwb in canada (toronto) in shell cordovan? i recently bought a pair of allen edmond McNeils and they weren't all that good, the shell had a lot of black stuff and the broguing had defects. Would love some help. I know lost&found is one place but they're sold out!

post #106281 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkyin View Post

Hey guys, does anyone know where i can get my hands on some alden lwb in canada (toronto) in shell cordovan? i recently bought a pair of allen edmond McNeils and they weren't all that good, the shell had a lot of black stuff and the broguing had defects. Would love some help. I know lost&found is one place but they're sold out!

Has Leatherfoot received their stock yet?
post #106282 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenLeaman View Post


Has Leatherfoot received their stock yet?


Leatherfoot is supposed to get alden? i'm subscribed to their mailing list and i've never seen anything like that. the last 2 emails were about Carmina Preordering sizes and MTO for john lobb

post #106283 of 122416
@clarkyin

http://www.leatherfoot.com/Alden_Pre-Order_SS15.pdf

Doesn't mention anything about shell....
post #106284 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenLeaman View Post

@clarkyin

http://www.leatherfoot.com/Alden_Pre-Order_SS15.pdf

Doesn't mention anything about shell....


Holy shit that is so weird, i saw this too and i must have completely forgot about it. LOL thanks. I guess i'll message them or call them up, i don't even see LWB 975

post #106285 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkyin View Post


Holy shit that is so weird, i saw this too and i must have completely forgot about it. LOL thanks. I guess i'll message them or call them up, i don't even see LWB 975

Reading through the intro of the PDF in the above link it is mentioned that they are only bringing in limited models for the first year. Why one of those isn't the 975 is beyond me. Seems as though the 975 falls squarely in the center of their own description...

"This season, as it is our first with Alden, we have de- cided that our collection embody the definition of style that Alden is best known for."
post #106286 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenLeaman View Post


Reading through the intro of the PDF in the above link it is mentioned that they are only bringing in limited models for the first year. Why one of those isn't the 975 is beyond me. Seems as though the 975 falls squarely in the center of their own description...

"This season, as it is our first with Alden, we have de- cided that our collection embody the definition of style that Alden is best known for."


Yeah, it is very strange indeed.

post #106287 of 122416
Additionally, somebody please sell me your Leffot Chamois Daytrippers in 10D!!!
I know someone out there in SF land scored a pair, hook me up musicboohoo[1].gif
post #106288 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkyin View Post

Hey guys, does anyone know where i can get my hands on some alden lwb in canada (toronto) in shell cordovan? i recently bought a pair of allen edmond McNeils and they weren't all that good, the shell had a lot of black stuff and the broguing had defects. Would love some help. I know lost&found is one place but they're sold out!

You'll have to order them in. Lost and Found gets Alden in so rarely that I don't know when they might get a 975 again. Leatherfoot is not getting any shell on their initial order. With a model like the black/#8 shell LWB I'd just order a pair from TSM.

Sucks that it is the reality of Alden buying in Toronto but where there is a will, there is a way!
post #106289 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by TO Tie Guy View Post


You'll have to order them in. Lost and Found gets Alden in so rarely that I don't know when they might get a 975 again. Leatherfoot is not getting any shell on their initial order. With a model like the black/#8 shell LWB I'd just order a pair from TSM.

Sucks that it is the reality of Alden buying in Toronto but where there is a will, there is a way!

What is the import tax like? have you ever ordered it from TSM

post #106290 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

Nice unicorn!
Thank you dubs.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.