or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 7070  

post #106036 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadbuff View Post

Are you seriously trying to sell a pre-order spot on a list for $200?

it's the deposit amount.
post #106037 of 122416
First non-overcast day we've had since the 911s arrived so I finally got to see the color in direct sunlight. These are keepers for sure!

post #106038 of 122416
This is crazy!

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=321696773942

I will sell mine for $2k if anyone wants a 10B that badly.
post #106039 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

This is crazy!

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=321696773942

I will sell mine for $2k if anyone wants a 10B that badly.


Mike - is the toe on that indy machine stitched or hand stitched?  I believe Alden now machine stitches all of their indy boots?

post #106040 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

This is crazy!

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=321696773942

I will sell mine for $2k if anyone wants a 10B that badly.

I do really want a Whiskey Indy, but thats like the year 2060 prices at this current rate.

 

If someone offers $2k, do it!

post #106041 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYawker View Post
 


Mike - is the toe on that indy machine stitched or hand stitched?  I believe Alden now machine stitches all of their indy boots?

The opposite. All shell indys are hand stitched now

post #106042 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by breck81 View Post
 

The opposite. All shell indys are hand stitched now


Gotcha.  Thanks for the info Breck.  I thought it looked hand stitched but wasn't sure.

post #106043 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYawker View Post


Gotcha.  Thanks for the info Breck.  I thought it looked hand stitched but wasn't sure.

I believe all shell Indy boots are hand stitched, where as non-shell are machine stitched. Only exception is the natty cxl Indy from NeedSupply, they have hand stitching.

-D
post #106044 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by zennypoo View Post


I believe all shell Indy boots are hand stitched, where as non-shell are machine stitched. Only exception is the natty cxl Indy from NeedSupply, they have hand stitching.

-D


Thanks Z - that was my understanding as well.  To be honest, I think I prefer the clean lines of the machine stitching better on the indy boot.  Personal preference though.

post #106045 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco Volante View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
First non-overcast day we've had since the 911s arrived so I finally got to see the color in direct sunlight. These are keepers for sure!


Are these cognac calf? I know calf doesn't get too much love here, but these bals look fantastic.
post #106046 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mghart View Post


Are these cognac calf? I know calf doesn't get too much love here, but these bals look fantastic.

+1.  Very nice looking shoes there.

post #106047 of 122416
Art has decided that all Shell Cordovan Indys will be hand stitched and all non-Shells are machine stitched. The vendor can request machine stitchig on a shell model if they so desire. I believe LeatherSoul chose this option many moons ago on one of their Cigar Indy runs.

-Mike
post #106048 of 122416
Hand stitched > machine stitched all day, every day
post #106049 of 122416

mahogany shell 

post #106050 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

Hand stitched > machine stitched all day, every day

this x 100
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.