or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 7066  

post #105976 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchman1 View Post

Gentlemen,

Hope you don't mind some whiskey shell cordovan pics on this lovely Saturday afternoon:

Really good stuff here Watchman, great collection. Thanks for taking the time to stage in various lighting. I really enjoyed the pic's.
post #105977 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYawker View Post

Hey guys - just received reply from context regarding tankers with antique edge.  It seems there may have been some confusion/misunderstanding regarding terms, edges, etc.  They are following up with Alden directly regarding the welt/edging to confirm antique edge or not.  I think they may have been overwhelmed/inundated with emails so lets give them the benefit of the doubt.  Will let you know when I hear back.

Couldn't agree more NY. Tanker on antique made its way to SF and they were simply overwhelmed with the level of interest. They seem to be genuinely working hard to get caught up on the responses and figure things out.

Seems to be a dead-ringer for the Leffot tanker (sans the pull-tab) which I just sold due to fit. Given that I actually like the pull-tab, this would be a small step up.
post #105978 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnc View Post

Couldn't agree more NY. Tanker on antique made its way to SF and they were simply overwhelmed with the level of interest. They seem to be genuinely working hard to get caught up on the responses and figure things out.

Seems to be a dead-ringer for the Leffot tanker (sans the pull-tab) which I just sold due to fit. Given that I actually like the pull-tab, this would be a small step up.

Yup. it seems they are genuinely interested in serving their clientele and offering a good product. There are so many participants of this thread, plus lurkers, add in a sought after make up and the response must have been overwhelming. They're trying to work as hard as they can. I thought I had a spot on the choco suede tankers but that did not work out. Hopefully this one will. If not, there's always next time.
post #105979 of 122416

guys, how does the van last compare to the barrie?

just called sherman bros and they have a couple of the shell leisure handsewn moc in stock (7.5/8)

im a 7.5 in the barrie so planning on stopping in tomorrow afternoon to try them on.  

want a penny loafer for the spring/summer and might just pull the trigger on these. 

post #105980 of 122416
I've been doing a lot of traveling for work recently, which means I've been wearing a lot of Aldens. Unfortunately, I didn't snap pictures of some other wears (Winn Perry tan vegano CT boot, Ravello chukka, Whiskey PTB, and sand suede indy shoe).

Chocolate Suede V-Tips:

0y5cGud.jpg

Cigar Chukka:



Ravello PT boot (modified):



(With special bonus epaulet madras shirt from spring's ends for friends shirting event)

Some people say the Ravello PT boot on modified looks like a clown shoe but I think it looks very well proportioned and is generally a phenomenal boot.
Edited by Handcuffed - 3/14/15 at 5:05pm
post #105981 of 122416

About a month ago when LS was taking deposits for the next run on these I sent them an email and got on the list.  Two days later they told me somebody backed out from the previous run and my size was available, so I snatched them up.

Now, I need to get some Nano spray on these so I can wear them.  They've been in the box for close to a month.

 

Any where in Toronto where I can get some Nano?

 

post #105982 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassyCanuck View Post

About a month ago when LS was taking deposits for the next run on these I sent them an email and got on the list.  Two days later they told me somebody backed out from the previous run and my size was available, so I snatched them up.
Now, I need to get some Nano spray on these so I can wear them.  They've been in the box for close to a month.

Any where in Toronto where I can get some Nano?



No spoiler for these as they becoming my favorite boots.

Congrats. We now have two LS Choco Tankers in T.O lol

I got my Nano at Leatherfoot (Yorkville). They might have run out and maybe we can order from EP or Leffot and split shipping, etc..
post #105983 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by TO Tie Guy View Post

I guess this begs the question "Which shoes are you willing to pay a big premium for?"
Outside the stuff never offered (color 4)
I can't think of any model I would want that I can't get on a possible list for, or wait around for.
Cigar nst boot from ls.
Size 10.
I'd pay a premium for.
post #105984 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel28 View Post


No spoiler for these as they becoming my favorite boots.

Congrats. We now have two LS Choco Tankers in T.O lol

I got my Nano at Leatherfoot (Yorkville). They might have run out and maybe we can order from EP or Leffot and split shipping, etc..

 

 

Thanks for the head up, I will head over there tomorrow and see if he has any.

I will keep you posted.

post #105985 of 122416
Whoa. That Ravello Monk Strap Wingtip is a super interesting makeup. A double monk Ravello would be amazing.
post #105986 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by postal007 View Post

Snagged a pretty beat-up pair of Cigar chukkas on eBay this week. They came pretty beat-up looking. They may need a restoration soon, but I figured in the meantime I'll get a few wears out of them. I did some deer bone and Reno treatment.

Before:




After:



Those are mine!

However I wore them once, the previous owner before me however was not too kind. Still a great looking pair though!
post #105987 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassyCanuck View Post


Thanks for the head up, I will head over there tomorrow and see if he has any.
I will keep you posted.

Awesome! That is a great boot! If Arne is out let me know. I will let you use mine!
post #105988 of 122416
post #105989 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by intensanity View Post

Whoa. That Ravello Monk Strap Wingtip is a super interesting makeup. A double monk Ravello would be amazing.

Yeah, it's a bummer Alden won't make them...
post #105990 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by TO Tie Guy View Post

I guess this begs the question "Which shoes are you willing to pay a big premium for?"

Outside the stuff never offered (color 4)

I can't think of any model I would want that I can't get on a possible list for, or wait around for.

I wouldn't pay a big premium for any shoe. There are waaaaay too many amazing options to choose from.

Granted I'm in the less than 15 Alden and Carmina camp so perhaps my perspective will change with time.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.