At least I have my Whiskey to look forward to this afternoon, in more ways than one.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on 1/1/17 at 9:11am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 7057post #105841 of 1224163/13/15 at 10:10ampost #105842 of 1224163/13/15 at 10:26amQuote:Originally Posted by Bbombers85Quote:Originally Posted by zennypoo
PSA for people who are interested in the tanker boot on color 8 shell. I just found out from Context that their color tanker 8 has an antique edging, a feature that most of us were waiting for in the Leffot version. This was confirmed by Context via email, however their website still shows the older version with a black edge. The only difference versus the Leffot version at this point is the reverse welt vs. flat welt on Leffot.
They have a list going with 7 spots left, as soon as they fill those the order will be submitted. Email them at email@example.com to get in on the preorder.
I don't work for Context but thought I'd let everyone know and get the order submitted sooner =). Full make up detail:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Last: Barrie-D
Material: color 8 shell
Thanks for this - I just paid the $100 deposit to add myself to the order.
I'm in too! (how many until 12?)post #105843 of 1224163/13/15 at 10:27ampost #105844 of 1224163/13/15 at 10:34ampost #105845 of 1224163/13/15 at 10:46ampost #105846 of 1224163/13/15 at 10:53amQuote:
I have a pair of these. Love the leather. Absolutely beat the crap out of them this winter and just cleaned them up a little (brushed with a little water). You wouldn't know the abuse they took.post #105847 of 1224163/13/15 at 11:08ampost #105848 of 1224163/13/15 at 11:22ampost #105849 of 1224163/13/15 at 11:36amI really wish I would've cancelled my meeting and been on high alert for those Leffot Naval boots! I saw the email during my meeting, yes I surf the net while people jabber about nothing, then logged on after the meeting and kept thinking, this is a glitch right...refresh, refresh. uh check sytleforum alden, what's going on...oh crap, they really did sell out...okay, email Leffot...waiting, waiting, regret, banging head against wall, Kicking myself literally. I hope they email me back and say, sure we can add you what's your size" hahaha
I guess they will run this again later this year? I've joined a cult...this is insanity.post #105850 of 1224163/13/15 at 12:01pmpost #105851 of 1224163/13/15 at 12:03pmpost #105852 of 1224163/13/15 at 12:06pmpost #105853 of 1224163/13/15 at 12:16pmpost #105854 of 1224163/13/15 at 12:18pmQuote:Originally Posted by breck81
You should try emailing them. firstname.lastname@example.org I have missed my size before(LWB and Indys) and emailed Che. Both times i was able to get in on the order no problem. Worth emailing. The only one caveat is you may be required to pay full price up front, but that's not so bad of a trade for getting the shoe you want.
Granted i was a non-stock size, but still worth a try.
I emailed and am a stock size and just paid a deposit amount.post #105855 of 1224163/13/15 at 12:19pm
I inquired today if my local Alden retailer O'Conners would be getting any loafers for the Spring/Summer collection and no luck for stock to try on in store, they did offer to order in a pair in snuff unlined flex if I wanted and checked the current price... $690 CAD . I had to politely decline having them brought in for me. I was speaking to him about a few other things and said how I was thinking of the 975 still too and he told me the upcoming new pricing on those... $900 CAD.
They do have a pair left in my size at the old pricing of $775 so I have them on hold and considering picking them up on Monday. I figure no time like the present if I am going to snag a classic considering the 975 is priced just over $700 USD on the Alden SF.
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 16 seconds ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 40 seconds ago
- › Arc'teryx and Veilance Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 7 minutes ago
- › Craig Green FW16 Silk Boucle Workwear Jacket M 9 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 10 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 12 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 13 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 17 minutes ago
- › Craig Green FW15 Forest Green Anorak / Parka Jacket 19 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...