Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 8:05 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 11/4/16 at 11:41am in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 7032post #105466 of 1224163/10/15 at 9:16ampost #105467 of 1224163/10/15 at 9:19ampost #105468 of 1224163/10/15 at 9:20ampost #105469 of 1224163/10/15 at 9:23amQuote:
I'm sure they would look good with any pant that is a shade of brown(khaki) or denim.
What size are they? Just in case you decide not to keep them. I'm assuming they are the Epaulet ones. All eyes and contrast stitching.post #105470 of 1224163/10/15 at 9:31ampost #105471 of 1224163/10/15 at 9:33amQuote:
Then I would just go with whatever model you fancy more at the moment. Without any worry of overlapping or redundancy, just go with what you like more.
They are both super versatile and you can't go wrong.post #105472 of 1224163/10/15 at 9:35amQuote:Originally Posted by breck81Quote:I'm sure they would look good with any pant that is a shade of brown(khaki) or denim.
What size are they? Just in case you decide not to keep them. I'm assuming they are the Epaulet ones. All eyes and contrast stitching.
It's odd because I've ordered new first quality Aldens that were in far worse shape than some of the irregulars I've ordered.
There were actually several on the last round of irregular emails, so you could always call TSM and ask about style FD-D3904C.
Yeah, they look exactly like the Epaulet ones. All brass eyelets, antique edge, commando sole, contrast stitching, but one inconsistency is that Epaulet website says they're in Trubalance but the Alden email says Barrie, so I am emailing Alden to inquire.
Alden replied in record time. They are indeed Trubalance, which sucks because I know they won't fit well. My 403s in 11.5D had to be replaced with 12C.
Edited by gsgleason - 3/10/15 at 9:52ampost #105473 of 1224163/10/15 at 9:43ampost #105474 of 1224163/10/15 at 9:52ampost #105475 of 1224163/10/15 at 9:58ampost #105476 of 1224163/10/15 at 10:12amQuote:
For what its worth, I can see the difference as well.post #105477 of 1224163/10/15 at 10:21ampost #105478 of 1224163/10/15 at 10:34amQuote:
I personally prefer the greater support and stability of the double leather or double waterlock soles. The single leather/flex soles are thin (slipper-like) and make my feet and ankles (and knees for that matter) feel terrible at the end of a long day. I try to avoid wearing them when I know I will be on my feet all day.
Good luck!post #105479 of 1224163/10/15 at 10:37ampost #105480 of 1224163/10/15 at 10:43am
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 9 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 10 minutes ago
- › spoon tailor -hong kong bespoke operation in San Francisco 19 minutes ago
- › STYLEFORUM GIVES 2016 - OUR ANNUAL HOLIDAY CHARITY AUCTIONS FOR THE... 20 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 28 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 32 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 38 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 College Football Season Threak 40 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 41 minutes ago
- › 370g Classic Navy Chalk Stripe Fox Flannel 3.5 metres, with EMS 56 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...