or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 7023  

post #105331 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by TO Tie Guy View Post


It sounds like you fit similar to me where you can go TTS in barrie lasted boot's and need to drop a 1/2 size in barrie lasted shoes.

In that case I would suggest keeping the size 7 as they should fit the same as Tassels boot.

By the way, welcome to the forum!


thanks for your quick reply!

Actually i asked the staff in tassels and they said somethings about welting. The 990 was built in 360welt ?(or storm welt?) and boot was built in 270welt hence make the 990 larger than boot.

What welting are the #44924HC? I dont have a clear concepts about welting.:worship2:

post #105332 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldennoob View Post


thanks for your quick reply!
Actually i asked the staff in tassels and they said somethings about welting. The 990 was built in 360welt ?(or storm welt?) and boot was built in 270welt hence make the 990 larger than boot.
What welting are the #44924HC? I dont have a clear concepts about welting.worship2.gif

The boot you posted from Madison has a 360 welt. You can see the stitching of the boot go all the way around it (hence, 360). 270 welt stops at the heel. I am unaware of this causing any difference in sizing.
post #105333 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by TO Tie Guy View Post


The boot you posted from Madison has a 360 welt. You can see the stitching of the boot go all the way around it (hence, 360). 270 welt stops at the heel. I am unaware of this causing any difference in sizing.


Thanks for your help! Maybe i misunderstand the explanation from the staff. Your advice is very useful and i will try same size with the boot:slayer:

post #105334 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldennoob View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TO Tie Guy View Post


The boot you posted from Madison has a 360 welt. You can see the stitching of the boot go all the way around it (hence, 360). 270 welt stops at the heel. I am unaware of this causing any difference in sizing.


Thanks for your help! Maybe i misunderstand the explanation from the staff. Your advice is very useful and i will try same size with the boot:slayer:


I have the same black shell cap toe boot on barrie but with 360 storm welt.  It fits considerably larger than my 990; I have no idea why.  I also have a perf cap toe boot (J Crew) on barrie, that definitely fits smaller than the black shell ct boot (narrower but probably the same length) and it is likely because of the 270' flat welt.  I think many here would agree that 270', closed heel welting can make a difference in sizing.

 

One other point, if you are trying to get the proper fit for a chrmxl boot, and you are between two sizes, generally speaking the smaller of the two sizes may be the wiser choice as chrmxl loosens and stretches MUCH more than shell.

 

Good luck my friend.  Let us know how it goes and post some pics!  and as TTG said, welcome to the thread!

post #105335 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post
 


I have the same black shell cap toe boot on barrie but with 360 storm welt.  It fits considerably larger than my 990; I have no idea why.  I also have a perf cap toe boot (J Crew) on barrie, that definitely fits smaller than the black shell ct boot (narrower but probably the same length) and it is likely because of the 270' flat welt.  I think many here would agree that 270', closed heel welting can make a difference in sizing.

 

One other point, if you are trying to get the proper fit for a chrmxl boot, and you are between two sizes, generally speaking the smaller of the two sizes may be the wiser choice as chrmxl loosens and stretches MUCH more than shell.

 

Good luck my friend.  Let us know how it goes and post some pics!  and as TTG said, welcome to the thread!


I guess even with same last, different retailer make up will also have different fitting feeling...i hope i can travel to US to try it in person. But nowadays alden is too hard to buy. This cxl boot also have no estimated restock time.:(

post #105336 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by JjasonL View Post

What are the best shoe trees for boots? I have woodlore twin epics and nordstroms rack ae trees also. But feel as though they don't fill the vamp as much as I'd like

My least favorite trees are from woodlore. I feel they are too tall in the vamp area and it hinders the shoe tree from properly filling the vamp. It just gets wedged in there too early, without properly filling the width of the shoe. Rochester Shoe Tree Co (the company that supplies Alden their shoe trees{Alden simply applies their Alden plaque to the trees and resells them}) makes really great ones. Try to catch them on eBay. In my experience their sizing chart is pretty accurate.
post #105337 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by z8k1n View Post

I've assembled the shell family (Hallecks not here) in anticipation of new members arriving next week: Whiskey WTBoot, Ravello Captoe Boot and Cigar balmoral..
I luckily got in on the Ryden shit kicker and aside from keeping my fingers crossed for a Ravello (or Cigar or Whiskey ; ) NST shoe or boot my Alden splurge is close to over. Until I get into suede !
l to r Whiskey WT & Chukka, Ravello Chukka, PTBoot&Blucher, Cigar Chukka&wtBoot:
Thank you for sharing. I really like the different colors in your collection.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr789 View Post

Getting ready to put these into the rotation.  Recent shoemart cigar indies.
Sweet looking indys.
post #105338 of 122416

Gentlemen,

I felt so depressed when I received a pair of new Alden 990 shoes this morning. Both of them have been creased....

 

Is this normal when buying shoes from Alden shoe store? 

 

post #105339 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ylku View Post
 

Gentlemen,

I felt so depressed when I received a pair of new Alden 990 shoes this morning. Both of them have been creased....

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

Which store did you get those from. They do resell shoes which have been tried on or returned from customers with a bit of imperfection but those are the worst I've ever seen. That's totally unacceptable. How's the condition of the soles?

post #105340 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevefok View Post
 

 

Which store did you get those from. They do resell shoes which have been tried on or returned from customers with a bit of imperfection but those are the worst I've ever seen. That's totally unacceptable. How's the condition of the soles?

From Alden Madison.

post #105341 of 122416
^looks like someone tried on in-store. I would exchange for another pair.
post #105342 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ylku View Post

Gentlemen,
I felt so depressed when I received a pair of new Alden 990 shoes this morning. Both of them have been creased....

Is this normal when buying shoes from Alden shoe store?  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)







Send them back or e-mail them asking them for a discount.
post #105343 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by TO Tie Guy View Post

[/spoiler]

Send them back or e-mail them asking them for a discount.
And please keep us posted. It is always interesting to see how a store handles this. Especially for a first time customer.
post #105344 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldennoob View Post
 

Hi everyone, did anyone purchased

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

BROWN CHROMEXCE LBARRIE LAST COMMANDO SOLE STYLE #44924HC from alden madison?

I want to ask about the fitting. I own a pair of cap toe boot in barrie last from tassels hong kong 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

and a pair of 990. I found that the 990 is larger than cap toe boot even they are both in US7.

 

I am not sure which size i should take for this boot. should i take us6.5 for the #44924HC or US7 ?

hope you guys can give me some advice:)thanks

 

 

 

Are you sure the 990's and the Cap Toes that you have are both the same width size (D, E, etc.)?  I know Tassels carries quite a few E widths so that could be part of it if they happen to be different sizes. 

 

That said - I have two different Barrie lasted boots - natural cxl cap toes from JCrew (that are very similar to the brown cxl model you're looking at) and a pair of chocolate suede tankers from Leather Soul.  The tankers fit much looser than the cap toes.  Both are 9D's, both are full 360 welt on Commando soles.    

 

On a side note - The Shoe Mart carries a model similar to the one you're looking at, but with brass eyelets and speed hooks - http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-mens_5_eyelet_perforated_cap_toe_boot_brown_chrome_excel/pvc-ald-mxsb-d4811hc_ald_m_5_eyelet_perforated_cap_toe_boot.html - they offer free shipping unlike Alden Madison (not sure if that applies to International shipping though, but worth a look).

post #105345 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by MT1982 View Post
 

 

 

 

Are you sure the 990's and the Cap Toes that you have are both the same width size (D, E, etc.)?  I know Tassels carries quite a few E widths so that could be part of it if they happen to be different sizes. 

 

That said - I have two different Barrie lasted boots - natural cxl cap toes from JCrew (that are very similar to the brown cxl model you're looking at) and a pair of chocolate suede tankers from Leather Soul.  The tankers fit much looser than the cap toes.  Both are 9D's, both are full 360 welt on Commando soles.    

 

On a side note - The Shoe Mart carries a model similar to the one you're looking at, but with brass eyelets and speed hooks - http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-mens_5_eyelet_perforated_cap_toe_boot_brown_chrome_excel/pvc-ald-mxsb-d4811hc_ald_m_5_eyelet_perforated_cap_toe_boot.html - they offer free shipping unlike Alden Madison (not sure if that applies to International shipping though, but worth a look).


wow, thanks for your information. i even didnt notice shoe mart have this make up! However i would like to try us6.5 and the smallest size from shoes mart is us7 :(

i am sure both ct boot and 990 is d width

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.