Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Yesterday at 10:52 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 11/4/16 at 11:41am in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 7017post #105241 of 1224163/7/15 at 10:35ampost #105242 of 1224163/7/15 at 10:42amQuote:
Thanks, Mike. Having just gotten the AoM Whiskey WTB and a Ravello LWB on the way by May (so AoM says), I was debating if a Whiskey LWB offers any additional versatility. Seems as if not much. I will probably hold off in this case and get it down the line, if needed. Much rather focus on getting styles I don't yet own such as NST and LHS.post #105243 of 1224163/7/15 at 10:46ampost #105244 of 1224163/7/15 at 10:57amQuote:Originally Posted by Shawnc
I just assumed it was the typical size up conversation typically occurs with barrie but the plaza description on the AoC website made me reconsider. Their direction more closely aligns with your experience. Appreciate the speedy response Watchman. Thanks. Also, congrats on your recent picks. You've done quite well for yourself.
Thanks a Million Shawn.
I would have completely stocked my rotation with mostly Alden long ago, but I could never figure out how to play the Alden game...
Until I met Mike...
Now, I am on several lists for models that I have always wanted.
And have procured several others.
There are a few makers that I am waiting and preparing to get cordovan from:
1. Whiskey Shell Bal Boot-Paid for and anxiously awaiting their arrival. (Enzo B.)
2. Ravello/Cognac Bal Boot-Preparing for and anxiously planning their specs. (Vass)
I am sooo close to finishing out my shoe rotation....
Alden's I am awaiting:
1. Whiskey SWB on Tremont
2. Ravello Medallion Tod on Plaza or Ravello LWB (Probably whichever comes first)
2. Color #8 974 or 975
4. Color #8 Plaza Last boot
There a a couple others, but this is the jest of it.
Thanks!post #105245 of 1224163/7/15 at 11:07ampost #105246 of 1224163/7/15 at 11:19ampost #105247 of 1224163/7/15 at 11:23amQuote:Originally Posted by epc2
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
As you can see this particular whiskey batch (from SF) was too dark and close to Ravello.
Thanks! Based on the Whiskey WTB I received, this was one of my fears in ordering the Whiskey LWB from Alden DC. I'm getting a ravello soon and didn't want the same shade. The WTB isn't the light whiskey shade (which is a good thing) and I think Alden DC's Whiskey is probably the same shade as production occurred around the same time. I'll wait to see what ravello shade I get before considering a whiskey LWB.post #105248 of 1224163/7/15 at 11:26ampost #105249 of 1224163/7/15 at 11:28ampost #105250 of 1224163/7/15 at 11:31amWell boys, doesn't look like I will be getting my Indys today :/ USPS hasn't updated my tracking info since the 5th. Classic!
This is all I've got to hold you guys over till who knows when... Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #105251 of 1224163/7/15 at 11:41amQuote:
Same for my seconds - no update since Wednesday. Seems like there's been some delays due to the weather. I wonder if it has to do with Fedex since I know USPS contracts with Fedex for air.post #105252 of 1224163/7/15 at 11:49amQuote:Originally Posted by DpprDr
I believe I posted this is the past (all my LWB with the whiskey and ravello next to each other):
Without flash: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Great collection. The natty cxl with natural welt and edge is such a great looking shoe. Love the natty ptb as well. One of my favorites.post #105253 of 1224163/7/15 at 11:52amQuote:
Where's the last place yours were updated? Mines Springfield, MA. I guess inclement weather could have been an issue, but typically it would show some delays on tracking. Regardless, unless a FEDEX guy comes knocking on my door with USPS Indys in hand... It's a bummer. Was really excited for today! Plus I thought it would be excellent to have the entire free weekend to decide whether or not to keep. Oh well, in good time.post #105254 of 1224163/7/15 at 11:58amQuote:
Leffot is doing a presale on that shoe Monday:
http://leffot.com/shop/pre-orders/pre-order-97870-natural-cxl.html?utm_source=Leffot+Mailing+List&utm_campaign=29cb3481c5-97870_pre_order3_6_2015&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_af4d1fec6c-29cb3481c5-47367865post #105255 of 1224163/7/15 at 12:14pmQuote:Originally Posted by rosslovethreads
Where's the last place yours were updated? Mines Springfield, MA. I guess inclement weather could have been an issue, but typically it would show some delays on tracking. Regardless, unless a FEDEX guy comes knocking on my door with USPS Indys in hand... It's a bummer. Was really excited for today! Plus I thought it would be excellent to have the entire free weekend to decide whether or not to keep. Oh well, in good time.
My seconds purchase was last updated early Thursday morning leaving Springfield, MA. Not a peep since then. I had another package going to an SF forum member in Austin, and that hasn't been updated since early Thursday either. Both were supposed to be delivered yesterday.
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Stephan Schneider "Dark" Play crewneck sweater size 6 1 minute ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 3 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 6 minutes ago
- › Looking for high end thinnest 100% wool socks...? 13 minutes ago
- › A Fine Pair Of Shoes: Official Affiliate thread 13 minutes ago
- › The Official Vanda Fine Clothing Thread 15 minutes ago
- › Baggy Dress Shirts 16 minutes ago
- › Bespoke suit makers in the Palermo area of Sicily? 20 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...