or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 7002  

post #105016 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by inn8chiro View Post

Converted the speedhooks to eyelets. Original alden of sf

And thanks fellas
From that angle, the eyelets look as though they are all spaced at the same distance (across the ankle). The speedhooks are spaced wider at the ankle. Care to share a head on shot?
post #105017 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post


What kind of style are you looking for that Alden doesn't have?

Primarily, I'd like to see more brogue balmorals. I wear suits often but in an environment that is "loose" enough that broguing is easily acceptable. I wish the Whiskey, Cigar, Ravello, other colors were available color options in the 908/911 dress oxfords group(Hampton Last). I'd also like to have the dress boot equivalent in all those same colors.

 

My dream list:

Medallion Toe: Black, brown, burgundy, color 8, dark chili-like color, dark burnished tan, 2 different shades of brown(brown chrome xcel,cigar) and chocolate and snuff suede.

Perforated Cap toe: all of the above

Monk Strap: all of the above colors

 

Ideally I'd have all of the above in the dress boot equivalent and also in Cordovan :]

post #105018 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by inn8chiro View Post

88 tankers have surfaced.

Must have cost a small fortune. Looks excellent. Love it.
post #105019 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by forbritisheyes View Post
 

The question is: does that "little more" justify the large price difference between AE & Alden?

 

DOn't get me wrong, I really like Alden, moreso than AE and have converted over, but I thought it was a valid question. I know I may get emotionally driven answers, this being an Alden thread and all.

 

You Don't Want To:

2545350k9f12b8a78.gif

 

:)  :)  :)

post #105020 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by forbritisheyes View Post
 

Primarily, I'd like to see more brogue balmorals. I wear suits often but in an environment that is "loose" enough that broguing is easily acceptable. I wish the Whiskey, Cigar, Ravello, other colors were available color options in the 908/911 dress oxfords group(Hampton Last). I'd also like to have the dress boot equivalent in all those same colors.

 

My dream list:

Medallion Toe: Black, brown, burgundy, color 8, dark chili-like color, dark burnished tan, 2 different shades of brown(brown chrome xcel,cigar) and chocolate and snuff suede.

Perforated Cap toe: all of the above

Monk Strap: all of the above colors

 

Ideally I'd have all of the above in the dress boot equivalent and also in Cordovan :]

 

These are rare and exotic birds indeed, but they can be had from time to time.

 

Alden does balmoral's exceptionally well, I think they don't feel like that is their strong points, but I beg to differ.

 

I am in agreement with you that they need to do the rare cordo's in more brogued bals...

 

Since you brought it up, Carmina excels in doing balmorals in rare cordovan colors.

 

Here is a brief shot of my 922's:

 

photo imagejpg2_zps2c84f107.jpg

post #105021 of 122416
Would also like to see a better pic of the converted edge stain
post #105022 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

From that angle, the eyelets look as though they are all spaced at the same distance (across the ankle). The speedhooks are spaced wider at the ankle. Care to share a head on shot?

I don't have them in my possesion yet but I have a photo from him, there is a small variation in the distance like you were saying but not significant enough for me to have an issue

post #105023 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchman1 View Post
 

 

These are rare and exotic birds indeed, but they can be had from time to time.

 

Alden does balmoral's exceptionally well, I think they don't feel like that is their strong points, but I beg to differ.

 

I am in agreement with you that they need to do the rare cordo's in more brogued bals...

 

Since you brought it up, Carmina excels in doing balmorals in rare cordovan colors.

 

Here is a brief shot of my 922's:

 

photo imagejpg2_zps2c84f107.jpg

Yes, I think my closet will contain mainly Carmina for formal shoes when I "graduate"(provided the lasts fit my foot) and Alden for my casual day-day wear. I really like the pair on the left. How would you wear the pair on the right? and in what colors?

post #105024 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post

Thanks.  I'm not actually wearing them today.  With some very cold and wet weather I chose to sport my 403.  Ironically, I receive many more compliments for the 403 than any other Alden make-up I own.  (not that it matters at all)


I'm always surprised by the shoes people complement the most. I have some lower end double monks in a whiskey like calf that pull complements with every step I take. Then I'll wear some wonderful deep beautiful shell and not hear a word... Like you said, though. It doesn't matter at all. I wear what I love. Not for the complements.

Love your 403, I'm excited to receive mine Saturday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JjasonL View Post

just called tsm regarding not receiving a confirmation email.. seems that the lady that helped me yesterday typed in my email incorrectly!! 

Stoked for you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post

I know what many will say here, but I thought I would ask anyways...
Would it be pointless to own both a color 8 wingtip boot on barrie with double leather
and
a color 8 wingtip boot on plaza with commando??

I know, it depends on your wardrobe, weather, setting, etc...  but still, without knowing all of that, can you make an honest answer??
In short, no.

The SF way, yes. The plaza last's sleekness would warrant enough of a discernible difference. This would be especially true if the Barrie lasted WTB had the antique edge. That would be the ultimate justification.
Going back to my previous reply, no one will probably even notice. To everyone else (excluding your fellow brethren here) they will probably just be "that pair of burgundy boots Rep has".
post #105025 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by forbritisheyes View Post
 

Yes, I think my closet will contain mainly Carmina for formal shoes when I "graduate"(provided the lasts fit my foot) and Alden for my casual day-day wear. I really like the pair on the left. How would you wear the pair on the right? and in what colors?

 

That is Cognac and Saddle A.K.A. Ravello and Whiskey.

 

That is the thing, these shoes are going to be for sale soon because Carmina lasts do not fit my Freddy Flintstone feet.

 

They fit, just NOT like my Alden's.  :)

 

Alden provides the finest fitting shoe I have ever had the privilege of putting my fat foot into.

 

Plaza fits me best, then Barrie and then Hampton.

 

The Aberdeen's I just bought "seem" good.  I will let you know soon.

post #105026 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by inn8chiro View Post

inn8chiro,

 

I am very happy for you my friend.  I know you have wanted these for a while now.

 

Congrats my Friend.  Wear in good health.

 

:fistbump:

post #105027 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by forbritisheyes View Post
How would you wear the pair on the right? and in what colors?

 

Wear them just like Alden whiskey...light to mid grey's.  Cuffed chino's and khakis.  Worsted of the highest sort, gabardines in a broad array of colors.

 

I personally like this shade with grey's and British tans...

post #105028 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by inn8chiro View Post

I don't have them in my possesion yet but I have a photo from him, there is a small variation in the distance like you were saying but not significant enough for me to have an issue
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Agreed. Anxious to see them laced up.
post #105029 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akeem View Post

depends on the welt color. one light and one dark would be fine as they are very different.

Both dark

post #105030 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by TO Tie Guy View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr789 View Post

I only saw the display- one of those really dark cigar shades

The one I tried on was also very, very dark.


Did they have dark brown edge and welt, or medium-tan antique??

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.