Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Yesterday at 11:06 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 4/17/16 at 2:48pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 6998post #104956 of 1224163/5/15 at 9:30ampost #104957 of 1224163/5/15 at 9:36ampost #104958 of 1224163/5/15 at 9:56amQuote:
Sorry I can't help on the timing for the cigars. Kathy has had at least 3 rounds of them over the last 12 months. I would imagine the drop fairly soon. I have several pre orders from last Oct from AOM that have not arrived yet
Stevepost #104959 of 1224163/5/15 at 10:03ampost #104960 of 1224163/5/15 at 10:29am
Don't know why I feel compelled to say this...but Ed Z. from TSM is basically an Alden sizing guru.
He/they may not beat their own drum in that regard, but Ed has sized me perfectly for every purchase I have made from him.
If you are having difficulty sizing Alden's, he would be the first guy that I would call.
Thanks!post #104961 of 1224163/5/15 at 10:32amQuote:
Yah, the 2145 ROCKS!
The Alt Wien is nice but I prefer the shape of the aberdeen last on this one. The 2145 can serve in a much more dressy manner but still has some versatility with a casual look; they work quite well with suits and chinos. I've worn them with denim before, but not often.post #104962 of 1224163/5/15 at 10:36amQuote:
Nice pick-up @csmitty -- I had not noticed the "06603" style number on those LHS or else I would have been tempted to grab them as well (the 11D are gone now). Here's hoping that this was in fact the result of a BB restock on the horizon.post #104963 of 1224163/5/15 at 10:40ampost #104964 of 1224163/5/15 at 10:51ampost #104965 of 1224163/5/15 at 11:01amQuote:Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster
Thanks. I'm not actually wearing them today. With some very cold and wet weather I chose to sport my 403. Ironically, I receive many more compliments for the 403 than any other Alden make-up I own. (not that it matters at all)
Great color combo! Great boots also, of course.post #104966 of 1224163/5/15 at 11:17amQuote:Originally Posted by forbritisheyes
Are they really handmade though?
I was told that and then when I called the company itself, they said they are "benchgrade"(like C&J's?) They are machine made with hand-finished details. I was under the impression that they were 100% handmade when I first heard the sales rep tell me because I know nothing about shoes. Then I called the company and found out much of it is machine made.
Bumppost #104967 of 1224163/5/15 at 11:57amQuote:Originally Posted by LittleViti
Nice pick-up @csmitty -- I had not noticed the "06603" style number on those LHS or else I would have been tempted to grab them as well (the 11D are gone now). Here's hoping that this was in fact the result of a BB restock on the horizon.
Ha, glad I wasn't the only one. I was fresh off the high of the first TSM 2nds snag after a few failed attempts before. So I more carefully looked through again and spotted that. Heart started racing again and dialed feverishly. Figuring it had been two hour surely they were gone. But maybe many others glossed over that as well. Not sure how many 11D's they had. But I got one. If it doesn't work out I'll let you know though.
Now I get word from DC the Whiskey LWB is in as well. Also waiting to hear back from the ones in front on the Ravello CTB. This could potentially be a very expensive week. Glad I had some others planned for the chopping block.
Oh, for those wondering about the Cigar from DC, there's been an availability issue with the leather. So those have been held up.post #104968 of 1224163/5/15 at 12:11pm
Yep. I got the call on the Whiskey LWB as well. I'm gonna sleep on it before confirming one way or the other tomorrow. Current mind set is letting them go since the Whiskey WTB should be here soon. Plus they seem to be readily available periodically through Alden DC or TSM.post #104969 of 1224163/5/15 at 12:16pmpost #104970 of 1224163/5/15 at 12:18pm
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 4 minutes ago
- › 2016 50 Book Challenge 6 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds x Massdrop Unlined Chukka Boot Review/Info 9 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 10 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 13 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 16 minutes ago
- › Momotaro 17 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 28 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 32 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 36 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...