or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 700  

post #10486 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisGold View Post
Help me order tomorrow:

Ravello NST boot, cigar longwing or Ravello chukka?

I have a whiskey nst shoe and a cigar on order, chukkas in cigar and #8, and longwings in whiskey and ravello.

Thoughts?

Wow, that's a tough call. I'm biased to say the Cigar LWB since that's my favorite of the bunch.

Is the NST boot on the Aberdeen last? If that works for you, I would go with that. I believe you have Ravello PTBs as well (saw that a couple of days ago) which kind of makes the Ravello chukkas redundant, no?
post #10487 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by interlockingny View Post
Wow, that's a tough call. I'm biased to say the Cigar LWB since that's my favorite of the bunch.

Is the NST boot on the Aberdeen last? If that works for you, I would go with that. I believe you have Ravello PTBs as well (saw that a couple of days ago) which kind of makes the Ravello chukkas redundant, no?

Yes, the Ravello boot is Aberdeen, which does work for me. I do have Ravello PTBs, but I am considering Chukkas because I do think they are a different look... been spending too much time today looking a other people's pictures - I agree that cigar looks great as a longwing.
post #10488 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisGold View Post
Yes, the Ravello boot is Aberdeen, which does work for me. I do have Ravello PTBs, but I am considering Chukkas because I do think they are a different look... been spending too much time today looking a other people's pictures - I agree that cigar looks great as a longwing.

I don't think you can go wrong with any of the three.

Getting this from ShoeMart?
post #10489 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by interlockingny View Post
I don't think you can go wrong with any of the three.

Getting this from ShoeMart?

Yes, I buy locally from Sherman Bros., but online from ShoeMart for their usual abundance of shell.

I'll bring up their site tomorrow and order whatever strikes me at the time - it's not like it'll be the last pair of shoes I ever buy.
post #10490 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisGold View Post
Yes, I buy locally from Sherman Bros., but online from ShoeMart for their usual abundance of shell.

I'll bring up their site tomorrow and order whatever strikes me at the time - it's not like it'll be the last pair of shoes I ever buy.

The Shoe Mart kinda pisses me off. I emailed them a question and got no reply. So, they won't get my business...
post #10491 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisGold View Post
Help me order tomorrow:

Ravello NST boot, cigar longwing or Ravello chukka?

I have a whiskey nst shoe and a cigar on order, chukkas in cigar and #8, and longwings in whiskey and ravello.

Thoughts?

I have those three you're considering and I find I wear the longwings the most, then the chukkas, and then the boots. Plus if you get the longwings, you're that much closer to completing the set.
post #10492 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediahound View Post
The Shoe Mart kinda pisses me off. I emailed them a question and got no reply. So, they won't get my business...
I never emailed them, but I have called them a bunch of times. Always good customer service for me. This along with no tax and free shipping are the reasons why I have bought 5 pairs of Alden's from them thus far.
post #10493 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post
I never emailed them, but I have called them a bunch of times. Always good customer service for me. This along with no tax and free shipping are the reasons why I have bought 5 pairs of Alden's from them thus far.

Yeah, the no sales tax and free shipping are definite plusses. Maybe I'll call them instead of email.
post #10494 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediahound View Post
The Shoe Mart kinda pisses me off. I emailed them a question and got no reply. So, they won't get my business...

Their email response is terrible, agreed. I've been lucky enough to not have had any major questions or issues. (And if I stop buying from them, my access to shell decreases significantly.)
post #10495 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post
I have those three you're considering and I find I wear the longwings the most, then the chukkas, and then the boots. Plus if you get the longwings, you're that much closer to completing the set.

Zippy,

Thanks for the input, the cigar longwing votes are starting to sway me.
post #10496 of 122416
Burnished Tan Boots w/ Commando Sole

post #10497 of 122416
Took delivery of a pr. of dark brown suede NST Aldens last week. The edge of the sole was dressed with really cheesy looking blobby, unevevnly, incompletely applied black paint. I figured the layers of leather in the sole and heel were probably quite handsome so I sanded off the paint and dressed the sole edges with the Fieblings semi-transparent brown edge dressing. An hour of work dressed the shoes up from Wal-Mart to something approaching the $425 Alden wants for them. I figure Alden owes me a $250 stylist's fee. I am also willing to consult on quality control. Alden, call me!!! You need help.
post #10498 of 122416
Guys - I just picked up a pair of Christopherson's Creamery Milkman Boots from Blackbird so I'm selling my Alden cap toe boots in black shell cordovan - size 9 B/D. Just posted in B&S.
post #10499 of 122416
new cigar shell PTBs ( no affiliation with seller)

http://cgi.ebay.com/Alden-Cigar-Shel...#ht_500wt_1014
post #10500 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackdaw View Post
Took delivery of a pr. of dark brown suede NST Aldens last week. The edge of the sole was dressed with really cheesy looking blobby, unevevnly, incompletely applied black paint. I figured the layers of leather in the sole and heel were probably quite handsome so I sanded off the paint and dressed the sole edges with the Fieblings semi-transparent brown edge dressing. An hour of work dressed the shoes up from Wal-Mart to something approaching the $425 Alden wants for them. I figure Alden owes me a $250 stylist's fee. I am also willing to consult on quality control. Alden, call me!!! You need help.


I would definitely be interested in seeing pictures as I have been contemplating doing this to my #8 lwb, which have a black edge. How did you deal with the black paint on the stitching on the welt?

__________________________________________
FOR SALE

Alden Cigar Cordovan Chukkas, 8.5D

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=225960
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.