7.5D list anyone?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on 1/1/17 at 9:11am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 6987post #104791 of 1224163/3/15 at 5:28pmpost #104792 of 1224163/3/15 at 5:29pmpost #104793 of 1224163/3/15 at 5:59pmpost #104794 of 1224163/3/15 at 6:08pmQuote:Originally Posted by Vicious49
So I found 3 styles I might be interested in and they had all 3 in stock. I ended up ordering 2 of them. I didn't go for shells, indys, or anything that would be obviously super popular and sold out immediately. I'm trying to decide which 1 of the 2 to keep after I see them in person. I'd love to hear thoughts on which one you'd keep.
As far as what I currently have that's similar - I do currently have a pair of Leffot tobacco chamois longwings with commando sole. I also have a pair of unlined Dovers in snuff suede on flex sole.
I'd go with LWB. The ptb is SUPER casual.
Edit: props on your selection, though. I tried my best to get something on crepe, so I ended up settling on the burnished tan Indy the second time I called. Alas, it was gone... still came out of it all victorious with a pair of 403!post #104795 of 1224163/3/15 at 6:14pmpost #104796 of 1224163/3/15 at 6:15pmpost #104797 of 1224163/3/15 at 6:26pmpost #104798 of 1224163/3/15 at 6:30pmpost #104799 of 1224163/3/15 at 6:48pmpost #104800 of 1224163/3/15 at 7:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by Michigan Planner
I always wonder about some of the stuff I see on the seconds lists. So many combinations I never see anywhere else. Who is Alden making this stuff up for?
Some oddball examples from today:
Snuff suede loafer on red brick sole?
Modified black calf and alpine grain saddle shoe on rubber Goodyear sole?
Black shell NST boot on crepe?
Natural CXL boot on wedge sole?
Black alpine grain wingtip boot on rubber sole with natural edge?
I literally made faces as if I'd bitten into a lemon reading these. The two tone clown shoe on the tire in particular.post #104801 of 1224163/3/15 at 7:33pmpost #104802 of 1224163/3/15 at 7:34pmpost #104803 of 1224163/3/15 at 8:05pm
Listed below are the Alden Factory Irregular shoes available in your size.
Shoe Size: 7.5
Shoe Width: Dpost #104804 of 1224163/3/15 at 8:07pmQuote:
I'd say $425 for shell is pretty cheap these days, theoretically.post #104805 of 1224163/3/15 at 8:28pmQuote:Originally Posted by MrDV
alpine gran x j.crew
Those are superb! Looking great DV!Quote:
Thank you GR! I actually own an Allen Edmonds Snuff Suede Belt. That is what I pair with my Snuff shoes.
Thank you Hoit! Yes, they are indeed hand stitched.
That is correct, please see my reference page for many model numbers. Depends on the color you are looking for...
:-)Quote:Originally Posted by stevent
LWB in list I see is 91 so might be another version LWB: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Hmmm... I am going to have to look at th box, as sometimes their numbers are hard to read! :-)Quote:Originally Posted by Watchman1
One time I bought a #4 Hampton Last balmoral (Or at least it was labeled as such, turns out it was actually red cigar...)
Only to get an email later on that day stating that it was actually sold out before I bought it...
And, of all human beings in the world...@mdubs got them....
The Moral of the Story is that at least they went to a good home...
Ha! They have been well loved my friend! Things somehow tend to land at my house somehow... ;-)Quote:Originally Posted by Watchman1
Now We Will Pause For A Brief Commercial Break:
Cigar Long Wing Bluchers For My B-Day Yesterday.
Looks great and I know that you got a good deal on them! :-D
Happy Birthday my friend!Quote:Originally Posted by katch
Was able to snag these Anatomica PT boots. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Terrific pickup, I managed to acquire the Color 8 LHS that is actually the Brooks Brothers Unlined Version (started with a 0 model number instead of 986).Quote:Originally Posted by sazon
I fell off the irregular list. Again. I'm starting to think my wife called and took me off.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I really need to fall off that list also... My wife would definitely agree.Quote:Originally Posted by stevefok
And now I know why I still haven't got mine. I think the major defects are those hard creases on the side of the boot.
Well, now you have the chance to get them for $300 off! :-)Quote:Originally Posted by thams
Here's my #8 Naval boot contribution. Needs a little brushing.
Those are looking terrific Thams!
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 26 seconds ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 3 minutes ago
- › Bespoke suit, one or two pants? 5 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 9 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Definitive Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 27 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 31 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos,... 36 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 42 minutes ago
- › NWOB Cheaney Tan Suede Fall/Winter Chukka Boots, 9.5UK/10US,... 1 hour, 1 minute ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 1 hour, 25 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › The Current Popular Menswear Pieces
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway