or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 6947  

post #104191 of 122416

Is anyone aware of a black shell wingtip boot available with all eyelets being offered? Thanks!

post #104192 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstancato View Post

Okay so I am finally going to pull the trigger on some 4060 boots! So stocked!
But I'm torn between those boots that are all eyelet or that have speed hooks. I have boots with both am I like them all equally.
HELP!
Ps I thinking commando soles over double leather...

Personally, I prefer speed hooks. Easier to get the boots on and off. I know some people don't like them b/c they get hooked onto their hems but I haven't found that to be the case. But if they're equally appealing, go with whatever is available.
post #104193 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by szerwo View Post
 

Is anyone aware of a black shell wingtip boot available with all eyelets being offered? Thanks!

http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-mens_9_eyelet_wing_tip_boot_shell_cordovan_black/pvc-ald-mxsb-4465h_ald_m_9_eyelet_wing_tip_boot_shell_cordovan.html

 

Try the shoemart.  Seems to be a ravello wtb in 9.5 as well.

post #104194 of 122416
Quote:

 

Thanks gr789. The photos they have show speed hooks, is that just a stock photo they're using then?

post #104195 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazon View Post
We interrupt this Ravello NST program to bring you breaking news on reverse chamois Indy boots. Officials are reporting that the feel of the chamois uppers combined with commando soles make the boots feel more like slippers than work boots. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



 

great boots sazon. love the denim combo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by budapest12 View Post

Ok, I had about zero time, zero natural light, zero talent for photography, and a crappy camera.  That said:

And with still unworn DC Trippers:

love the boots, love the cap toes, love the pillow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inn8chiro View Post
That NST make up is so great I feel bad even posting these, but part of my grail trifecta. Thanks @sazon
You're the man joe.

wow! you wear them well sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

Ravello NST Blucher. Aberdeen Last. TheShoeMart.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

great shoes dubs. the pants are glowing as well. do your pants show any creasing?

post #104196 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by szerwo View Post
 

 

Thanks gr789. The photos they have show speed hooks, is that just a stock photo they're using then?


Good catch.  They are an excellent retailer but have a "interesting" website.  So given the cost, I would call.

post #104197 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by budapest12 View Post

If you like them equally why the worry? DC has em on commando w speed hooks. I'd just get option that's most easily available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmallo15 View Post

Personally, I prefer speed hooks. Easier to get the boots on and off. I know some people don't like them b/c they get hooked onto their hems but I haven't found that to be the case. But if they're equally appealing, go with whatever is available.


Thanks gentlemen!
post #104198 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pano View Post

Long time lurker -- might as well make a splash by posting the first Ravello boot NST pics (arrived this morning). Note this is artificial office lighting and from an iPhone, but I included my dark brown calf Aberdeen tassels for some reference. I'm really happy with the shade. Mine have some very minor imperfections but definitely nothing warranting a return.
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

I would be lying if I said I wasn't bummed that I got robbed.

Anyway...most of you guys got my text already.
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

OMG....that Ravello NST boot is amazing!!

 

Tif, are you happy with the shade that you've been praying for?!

post #104199 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzan View Post
 

What would be the subtle differences in fit between a 7.5E and 8D?

 

Trying to determine if I should prep myself to try and jump on the next Tanker preorder in 7.5E. 

 

 

On that note does anyone have a 7.5E barrie boot they want to sell me or even ship me to to try on. My sizing woes have me ready to book a flight to DC to see Kathy and get properly sized on all the lasts haha. I swear it will save me more money in the long run.


So I'm 9D on the barrie/trubalance last.  All my barrie/trubalance shoes are this size and they fit perfectly.  I was "sold" into a pair of indy boots that are size 8.5E.  They fit fine and are not uncomfortable at all.  However, I think if I wanted to wear a thicker boot sock it may not work length wise.  Also, since the boots are cxl, I think the facings may eventually get pretty damn close to touching due to the leather stretching.  I have been thinking of selling recently and buying my correct size.  My understanding is that 8.5E is 1/16h of an inch wider all around the shoe.  The 8D tankers you posted seem to fit pretty well, not sure though if the extra width at 7.5E will work better for you.

post #104200 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by budapest12 View Post
 

 

And with still unworn DC Trippers:

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

Whaat?!  Why have you not worn the DC day trippers?  

post #104201 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by MT1982 View Post
 

 

 

Whaat?!  Why have you not worn the DC day trippers?  

Lol.  Too many shoes boots in too short a time, just trying to get some wear on what I have.  Plus it helps me control impulse buys when I know I have something left that's still "brand new".  Final factors are annoyed wife and terrible weather with slush and salt.  So I decided the DC captoes would be a great way to welcome in Fall 2015.

 

Now, that said, I don't think I will last another week before wearing the new Aberdeen NSTs.

post #104202 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by thromb View Post

Was up to 80 in Houston yesterday and glorious, definitely shorts and t-shirts weather. Now it's 43 and that's the high for the day with on and off rain. Probably sleet in adjacent counties to the north.

Doesn't even hold a candle to the cold weather friends and family have been experiencing in the midwest and northeast. But if any day is built for boots in Houston, it's today!

Funny, when it was 41 here in NY last weekend, I was outside in the garage for the first time in a long time.
post #104203 of 122416
Hate to beat a dead horse, but exchanged PMs with Mike @ Epaulet and he liked the idea of the Tanker 88 and figures he can do it sometime this spring. He wanted me to float the idea to guage interest.
post #104204 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevefok View Post



OMG....that Ravello NST boot is amazing!!

Tif, are you happy with the shade that you've been praying for?!
I am quite pleased with the shade. These are the first boots that I don't want to wear, lol. I just want to hang them on my wall....
post #104205 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYawker View Post
 


So I'm 9D on the barrie/trubalance last.  All my barrie/trubalance shoes are this size and they fit perfectly.  I was "sold" into a pair of indy boots that are size 8.5E.  They fit fine and are not uncomfortable at all.  However, I think if I wanted to wear a thicker boot sock it may not work length wise.  Also, since the boots are cxl, I think the facings may eventually get pretty damn close to touching due to the leather stretching.  I have been thinking of selling recently and buying my correct size.  My understanding is that 8.5E is 1/16h of an inch wider all around the shoe.  The 8D tankers you posted seem to fit pretty well, not sure though if the extra width at 7.5E will work better for you.

 

Thanks for the input, gives me a lot to ponder since the facings are pretty close together already on the 8D Tankers. The tricky part is my right foot feels slightly larger so that foot was tight in the 7.5D but it fits almost perfect in the 8D. Sadly the reverse is true of my left foot, which seemed to fit better in the 7.5D. Thus my thoughts on the 7.5E maybe being the best of both worlds so to speak. If not it may be back to a 7.5D and have them stretched in the right foot.

 

I just feel like I need to do my due diligence in finding the most ideal fit, the Leffot Tanker is a grail for me and hate the idea of not reaching for them enough due to an off fit.

 

 

 

 

 

Below is what the facings looked like on the 7.5D vs. 8D.

 

8D vs. 7.5D facings (Click to show)

8D

 

 

7.5D

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Might be some 8D Tankers going for sale if anyone is interested haha

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.