Is anyone aware of a black shell wingtip boot available with all eyelets being offered? Thanks!
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on 1/1/17 at 9:11am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 6947post #104191 of 1224162/25/15 at 4:56pmpost #104192 of 1224162/25/15 at 4:57pmQuote:
Personally, I prefer speed hooks. Easier to get the boots on and off. I know some people don't like them b/c they get hooked onto their hems but I haven't found that to be the case. But if they're equally appealing, go with whatever is available.post #104193 of 1224162/25/15 at 5:20pmQuote:
Try the shoemart. Seems to be a ravello wtb in 9.5 as well.post #104194 of 1224162/25/15 at 5:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by gr789
Try the shoemart. Seems to be a ravello wtb in 9.5 as well.
Thanks gr789. The photos they have show speed hooks, is that just a stock photo they're using then?post #104195 of 1224162/25/15 at 5:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by sazon
We interrupt this Ravello NST program to bring you breaking news on reverse chamois Indy boots. Officials are reporting that the feel of the chamois uppers combined with commando soles make the boots feel more like slippers than work boots. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
great boots sazon. love the denim combo.Quote:
love the boots, love the cap toes, love the pillow.Quote:Originally Posted by inn8chiro
That NST make up is so great I feel bad even posting these, but part of my grail trifecta. Thanks @sazon
You're the man joe.
wow! you wear them well sir.Quote:Originally Posted by mdubs
Ravello NST Blucher. Aberdeen Last. TheShoeMart.Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
great shoes dubs. the pants are glowing as well. do your pants show any creasing?post #104196 of 1224162/25/15 at 5:27pmpost #104197 of 1224162/25/15 at 5:31pmQuote:Quote:
Thanks gentlemen!post #104198 of 1224162/25/15 at 5:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by Pano
Long time lurker -- might as well make a splash by posting the first Ravello boot NST pics (arrived this morning). Note this is artificial office lighting and from an iPhone, but I included my dark brown calf Aberdeen tassels for some reference. I'm really happy with the shade. Mine have some very minor imperfections but definitely nothing warranting a return.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:
OMG....that Ravello NST boot is amazing!!
Tif, are you happy with the shade that you've been praying for?!post #104199 of 1224162/25/15 at 5:53pmQuote:Originally Posted by Burzan
What would be the subtle differences in fit between a 7.5E and 8D?
Trying to determine if I should prep myself to try and jump on the next Tanker preorder in 7.5E.
On that note does anyone have a 7.5E barrie boot they want to sell me or even ship me to to try on. My sizing woes have me ready to book a flight to DC to see Kathy and get properly sized on all the lasts haha. I swear it will save me more money in the long run.
So I'm 9D on the barrie/trubalance last. All my barrie/trubalance shoes are this size and they fit perfectly. I was "sold" into a pair of indy boots that are size 8.5E. They fit fine and are not uncomfortable at all. However, I think if I wanted to wear a thicker boot sock it may not work length wise. Also, since the boots are cxl, I think the facings may eventually get pretty damn close to touching due to the leather stretching. I have been thinking of selling recently and buying my correct size. My understanding is that 8.5E is 1/16h of an inch wider all around the shoe. The 8D tankers you posted seem to fit pretty well, not sure though if the extra width at 7.5E will work better for you.post #104200 of 1224162/25/15 at 5:53pmpost #104201 of 1224162/25/15 at 6:09pm
Lol. Too many shoes boots in too short a time, just trying to get some wear on what I have. Plus it helps me control impulse buys when I know I have something left that's still "brand new". Final factors are annoyed wife and terrible weather with slush and salt. So I decided the DC captoes would be a great way to welcome in Fall 2015.
Now, that said, I don't think I will last another week before wearing the new Aberdeen NSTs.post #104202 of 1224162/25/15 at 6:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by thromb
Was up to 80 in Houston yesterday and glorious, definitely shorts and t-shirts weather. Now it's 43 and that's the high for the day with on and off rain. Probably sleet in adjacent counties to the north.
Doesn't even hold a candle to the cold weather friends and family have been experiencing in the midwest and northeast. But if any day is built for boots in Houston, it's today!
Funny, when it was 41 here in NY last weekend, I was outside in the garage for the first time in a long time.post #104203 of 1224162/25/15 at 6:17pmpost #104204 of 1224162/25/15 at 6:17pmpost #104205 of 1224162/25/15 at 6:17pmQuote:Originally Posted by NewYawker
So I'm 9D on the barrie/trubalance last. All my barrie/trubalance shoes are this size and they fit perfectly. I was "sold" into a pair of indy boots that are size 8.5E. They fit fine and are not uncomfortable at all. However, I think if I wanted to wear a thicker boot sock it may not work length wise. Also, since the boots are cxl, I think the facings may eventually get pretty damn close to touching due to the leather stretching. I have been thinking of selling recently and buying my correct size. My understanding is that 8.5E is 1/16h of an inch wider all around the shoe. The 8D tankers you posted seem to fit pretty well, not sure though if the extra width at 7.5E will work better for you.
Thanks for the input, gives me a lot to ponder since the facings are pretty close together already on the 8D Tankers. The tricky part is my right foot feels slightly larger so that foot was tight in the 7.5D but it fits almost perfect in the 8D. Sadly the reverse is true of my left foot, which seemed to fit better in the 7.5D. Thus my thoughts on the 7.5E maybe being the best of both worlds so to speak. If not it may be back to a 7.5D and have them stretched in the right foot.
I just feel like I need to do my due diligence in finding the most ideal fit, the Leffot Tanker is a grail for me and hate the idea of not reaching for them enough due to an off fit.
Below is what the facings looked like on the 7.5D vs. 8D.
Might be some 8D Tankers going for sale if anyone is interested haha
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Carmina Shoes - Definitive Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 26 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 56 seconds ago
- › Khaki's of Carmel - Official Affiliate Thread - Carmel-by-the-Sea,... 2 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL 4 minutes ago
- › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 8 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 12 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 14 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 17 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...