Edited by breck81 - 2/25/15 at 4:19pm
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 12:27 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 11/4/16 at 11:41am in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 6945post #104161 of 1224162/25/15 at 2:41pmpost #104162 of 1224162/25/15 at 2:43pmpost #104163 of 1224162/25/15 at 2:43pmQuote:
Gotta hate the interception! The last time that happened to me, I ordered a pair from Alden DC that arrived around Dec 15th. My wife snagged it without telling me, wrapped it, and stuck it under the Christmas tree. I had no idea, as I had lost track of which shoes were arriving and when! Talk about a surprise for a Christmas gift, ugh!post #104164 of 1224162/25/15 at 2:45pmpost #104165 of 1224162/25/15 at 2:49pmQuote:
Hmm... should a criminal defense attorney strike a potential jurer wearing these beauties during voir dire? I like the strategy Mike!
BTW, wonderful shoes my friend!post #104166 of 1224162/25/15 at 2:57pmQuote:
Have been really busy at work and haven't posted pics or anything much recently, but I do enjoy looking and reading. Love the Tifosi-Ryden humor (intended or not) and the recent shell. This thread is a distant third on my list behind wife and daughter, and very much appreciated!post #104167 of 1224162/25/15 at 2:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by Pano
For the record, definitely did not intend to steal Tifosi's thunder. I know he has been waiting for these boots for quite some time, and I have greatly benefited from his posts in this thread. I simply hoped to contribute by getting a photo up so folks could get a look since there was a lot of suspense building. Apologies to Tifosi if it came across any other way.
You are good my friend. That is an epic 2nd post though!post #104168 of 1224162/25/15 at 3:17pmGuys question on resoling: thinking of having my 975s resoled to mirror the Leffot color 8 LWB. Because I'm a shoe terminology newb, how should I communicate what I want to an Nelson: "resole with Alden like "antique" edge with double leather & Dainite sole." Does that communicate it correctly? (I realize the leffot lwb doesn't have Dainite.)
Thanks guys!!!post #104169 of 1224162/25/15 at 3:22pmQuote:Originally Posted by Burzan
What would be the subtle differences in fit between a 7.5E and 8D?
Trying to determine if I should prep myself to try and jump on the next Tanker preorder in 7.5E.
On that note does anyone have a 7.5E barrie boot they want to sell me or even ship me to to try on. My sizing woes have me ready to book a flight to DC to see Kathy and get properly sized on all the lasts haha. I swear it will save me more money in the long run.
That's funny! Was at work today in a meeting and had the same thought. For some reason, I hate to order things and send them back, especially to small businesses. Makes me feel badly for wasting their resources. Was daydreaming about "gee, wouldn't it be nice to be able to have some trial fit shoes to send around?" I have numerous pairs of 9D shoes and boots on barrie and TB. I recently had a lightbulb go off and realized that the 9D barrie shoes really don't fit that well. If I throw on some thick winter socks no problem but otherwise they are too big. I'm confident with my plaza and grant sizing and okay with my barrie and TB boot sizing but a bit off with other shoes and lasts.
I briefly went from daydream to "okay, how would this work, people have to buy in for what $750? a $1000? then forum member ship out a pair of shoes, and then..." well, back to the subject of the meeting I was in. Don't see it happening but it was far more stimulating to my brain than what was being discussed.post #104170 of 1224162/25/15 at 3:26pmpost #104171 of 1224162/25/15 at 3:28pmQuote:
saving 2.5% foreign transaction fees for a long time with that card! It's only use is for purchases abroad but it does its job!post #104172 of 1224162/25/15 at 3:32pmQuote:Originally Posted by Steel28
For my CAN brethren. Get Amazon dot ca Visa card and pay no transaction fees when making international purchase. Just signed up for one. Should help us a bit.
Wait so we pay the same as the US but in CAD?
That would help us more than a bit, it would save us like 20% on everything basically right now. I'm confused.post #104173 of 1224162/25/15 at 3:32pmpost #104174 of 1224162/25/15 at 3:34pmpost #104175 of 1224162/25/15 at 3:34pm
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 24 seconds ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 2 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 2 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › Carmina Two eyelet derby 8 minutes ago
- › The official John Elliott B&S&T thread 8 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos,... 11 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 15 minutes ago
- › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 15 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 16 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...