Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 12:27 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 11/4/16 at 11:41am in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 6891post #103351 of 1224162/17/15 at 11:52pmpost #103352 of 1224162/18/15 at 3:12ammdubs,
That brass ravello LWB is stunning!
I've seen where others have asked but most likely missed your response, how do you maintain your shoes? When I was home last week I put in a decent amount of work on some of mine and was never able to get results close to what yours looks like...even on shoes I've worn two or three times only.
Thank youpost #103353 of 1224162/18/15 at 3:15amQuote:Originally Posted by mdubs
Joe is the other full time employee on staff at Alden DC. Very nice and knowledgeable about shoes and shoe making, but doesn't track their special makeups closely.
Joseph was a college student who worked part time at the store. He quit several months back because he is going to Med School.
Thanks Mike!post #103354 of 1224162/18/15 at 4:11am
Can't decide which one of the two below. Would love to see the #8 Indy from above, I'm not a big fan on the TruBalance last, much prefer the "Indy" on Plaza, and I have a feeling the Modified is more like the TB.
I think this is the coolest black Alden boot I've seen (never saw the recent $hitkicker boot from Epaulet, though).
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Edited by TommyB - 2/18/15 at 6:44ampost #103355 of 1224162/18/15 at 4:23amQuote:Originally Posted by prez
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Which one do I keep?
On the left suede cap toe boot from Shoes and Shirts . They said it is on the Aberdeen last.
On the right plaza last boot from Fransboone.
I thought the Shoes and Shirts one looked great on their website, but I prefer the Frans Boone one's here in your pics. I'm not into wholecuts, and while this isn't a wholecut by any means I like the fact that the big plain side panel is broken up with some stitches. If it had a plain toe and plain side panel then I wouldn't like it as it'd be too plain overall. Both are good looking boots though - keep both if you can!
On a side note, do you have any chocolate suede to compare the shoes and shirts model with?post #103356 of 1224162/18/15 at 4:31amWhat is the best way to treat the CXL Indy against water and other elements? I prefer something that does not darken the CXL. I've used mink oil in the past. I believe that Leffot recommends Montana Pitch Blend leather dressing. What about Alden Leather Defender?post #103357 of 1224162/18/15 at 5:59ampost #103358 of 1224162/18/15 at 6:38ampost #103359 of 1224162/18/15 at 6:42ampost #103360 of 1224162/18/15 at 6:53ampost #103361 of 1224162/18/15 at 7:04ampost #103362 of 1224162/18/15 at 7:08ampost #103363 of 1224162/18/15 at 7:16ampost #103364 of 1224162/18/15 at 7:20ampost #103365 of 1224162/18/15 at 7:28amHi guys,
If anyone is interested in the Context Tanker (details below), please shot me a PM for details. I'm in the process of getting a list together. Major differences between this and the Leffot make up are the reverse welt and dark edge, to me this is a more formal boot.
Context link: http://www.contextclothing.com/brands/alden-shoes/alden-context-number-8-shell-cordovan-tanker-boot
- Color 8 shell cordovan
- NST boot
- Barrie last
- 360 reverse welt
- Black edge
- Commando sole
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 1 minute ago
- › STYLEFORUM GIVES 2016 - OUR ANNUAL HOLIDAY CHARITY AUCTIONS FOR THE... 2 minutes ago
- › VIBERG ICY MOCHA CXL SERVICE BOOT SIZE 10D - MADE IN CANADA 2 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 7 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 9 minutes ago
- › What TV Series Are You Streaming Lately? 11 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 11 minutes ago
- › *** Visvim thread: Dissertation on a Japanese Holy Spirit *** 16 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...