or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 6888  

post #103306 of 122416

Alden Brassvello LWBs.

 

 

 


 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

-Mike

post #103307 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akeem View Post


I've always been a bit skeptical of the Alden commando soles for hard usage. The lugs are just too thin to last a long time which is in stark contrast to the British commando soles which are straight beastly. I walk over 2 miles a day on average and I prefer my Aldens with double leather and a topy for grip/protection.

Yeah i have begun to realize that once these soles go(and they are damn close) i am gonna go for a Vibram lug sole. I know that will negate the relationship with Alden and these boots, but that's ok. I have a pair of Redwing Beckman boots with lugged soles. Those get really hard use and those soles have barely any wear showing. 

post #103308 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don L View Post
 

JCrew Suede Shortwings today

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

Don, those are very fly. Enjoy them today!

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handcuffed View Post
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


terrible lighting but i am thrilled with these

 

Yes, that lighting really does not do them any justice, but they are great anyways. Enjoy them sir!

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDV View Post
 

ravello ct, first wear

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

Looking great as always DV. Glad to see you not wearing a banana today. I hope that you get many years of good use out of these. Kathy has done you well..

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by prez View Post
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


Which one do I keep?

On the left suede cap toe boot from Shoes and Shirts . They said it is on the Aberdeen last.
On the right plaza last boot from Fransboone.

Guys?

 

I do not like the lines on the Frans Brass model on the back. It is almost an oxymoron with the plain front and busy side. Just my thoughts. The darker brown is probably more versatile as well, but Snuff is the Ravello of Suede, so I get that. :-)

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don L View Post
 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

Don, those tankers are superb and you always wear them soo well. Those pants are a great combination with them! You may want to consider tapering them slightly though.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thams View Post
 

AF-53's under a rare-ish DC snow.

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

That is rediculous and that is when I would move.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenLeaman View Post


I love the comparison Mike. Seeing them all together makes me like our grant lasted Indys even more. Choose the new name carefully, whatever you pick will likely stick you Alden ambassador! happy.gif
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


I've been wearing them today even now as I type this out while flying solo for dinner. Grant last FTW!

 

Ben, you are looking very good in your Joseph Boot. Sorry that alike your shoe, you are flying solo. As a frequent traveller, I know what that is like... Enjoy the rest of your trip though!

 

-Mike

post #103309 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post


I thought he killed Uncle Mac to harness his Alden knowledge and that is why Mac is never around any more

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

Ha! Mac is still around, just busy enjoying his closet full of pairs of Aldies.

-Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post


Anyone ever think that Mac and Dubs is the same person????

Mac always disappears this time of year. I am quite sure he mention on here somewhere that he works in public accounting which would make sense considering how often I saw my wife this time of year when she worked in public accounting.
post #103310 of 122416
I am examining the commando soles on my color 8 wingtips from AOC (which I basically use as my dress boots on snowy / icy days like this), and I don't notice the treads wearing down or separation on the sole. These have gotten me through one and a half harsh winter.

The Alden commando sole isn't as durable / rugged as a true Vibram lug sole, but that is because of the low profile of the sole... I think they are meant to be "dress casual" commando soles as opposed to the more rugged styles you see in other boots. I am currently wearing my AoC wingtip boots with a suit - I don't think I could really do that with a thicker sole.
post #103311 of 122416
I recently posted some photos of my boots with that issue as well. It looks like Alden moved the lugs in away from the edge to give a little sleeker look from the side at the expense of stitching exposure. FWIW I just Shoe Goo'd mine last week and after a few days with many miles on my feet, including some rough wear, they are holding on strong.
post #103312 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

I am examining the commando soles on my color 8 wingtips from AOC (which I basically use as my dress boots on snowy / icy days like this), and I don't notice the treads wearing down or separation on the sole. These have gotten me through one and a half harsh winter.

The Alden commando sole isn't as durable / rugged as a true Vibram lug sole, but that is because of the low profile of the sole... I think they are meant to be "dress casual" commando soles as opposed to the more rugged styles you see in other boots. I am currently wearing my AoC wingtip boots with a suit - I don't think I could really do that with a thicker sole.

Yeah I don't wear chromexcel work boots as "dress" anything, even though the sole is a super low profile dress lug sole. The Jackson winters are harsh and i very often find myself walking on loose gravel surfaces or asphalt or grass/sand/snow. So the wear was bound to happen. Nothing a vibram resole wont fix. 

post #103313 of 122416
The only problem with working a half block from the office. I still have to go in when if it's icy. #8 indy for all the ice on the ground.

post #103314 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skatenc123 View Post

The only problem with working a half block from the office. I still have to go in when if it's icy. #8 indy for all the ice on the ground.
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Sorry Skate, but you do look good! Keep warm my friend!

 

-Mike

post #103315 of 122416

Alden x Harrison Ltd Ravello LHS with Dark Edge. Fresh off the truck.

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

-Mike

post #103316 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

Alden Brassvello LWBs.



Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

MW - these look awesome, Are these the J Crew version or the LWBs you were having converted to brass eyelets?
post #103317 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazon View Post


[/SPOILER]
MW - these look awesome, Are these the J Crew version or the LWBs you were having converted to brass eyelets?

 

Saz, these are the original JCrew version. I am still awaiting my new 10.5B Ravello LWBs of which I am going to convert. :-)

 

-Mike

post #103318 of 122416

For anyone else on the Alden Madison Whiskey Indy Boot order that was confirmed early June 2014, I just talked to the Madison store really quickly and they informed me that they called Alden on 20 January 2015 to find out the status and was quoted that they are about another 8 weeks away, so we should expect to see them start rolling in at the end of March timeframe.

 

-Mike

post #103319 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

Alden x Harrison Ltd Ravello LHS with Dark Edge. Fresh off the truck.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)









-Mike

Gorgeous. So gorgeous in fact that the same loafers are on my feet today. nod[1].gif
post #103320 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

For anyone else on the Alden Madison Whiskey Indy Boot order that was confirmed early June 2014, I just talked to the Madison store really quickly and they informed me that they called Alden on 20 January 2015 to find out the status and was quoted that they are about another 8 weeks away, so we should expect to see them start rolling in at the end of March timeframe.

-Mike

wtf, there was a whiskey indy preorder?

anybody here order a 7.5 and wanna sell/trade?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.