or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 6874  

post #103096 of 122416

I picked up the hunter green NST boot from Unionmade a couple of weeks ago after somebody here posted that it was available. Anyway, finally wore them out of the house. The color is amazing, and have been by far the most comfortable pair of Alden boots I've ever worn. No break in time at all.

 

These are crummy iPhone pics in my fluorescent office

 

Welp, apparently my kiddo was the last to use my camera and it was running through a filter. So here are the unfiltered office pics.

 

 

 

Original filtered pics below.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

post #103097 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by CEE88 View Post


NY - it's several years old, from Unionmade. Their take on a dirty buck, except it's a loafer. It's one of those make ups where I saw it and five minutes later it was mine (same with the snuff/color 8 saddle). I'll take some close ups when I get home.

Thanks C!  I would appreciate it.  Will have to keep my eyes open if any pop up somewhere.  That snuff/color 8 saddle is amazing, hopefully leffot or another vendor runs some similar saddles again. Cheers.

post #103098 of 122416
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CEE88 View Post

Spring training has begun, and so far this will be my everyday lineup:




Top L-R: snuff suede/color 8 saddle; ravello cap toe boot; color 8 unlined dovers; whiskey bluchers
Bottom L-R: color 4/black saddle; snuff suede LHS with red brick sole; natty CXL LWB; natty CXL PTB

 

Whoa! Do you have rotation set? Who's gonna be your opening day starter? :worship:

post #103099 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlcarlson View Post
 

I picked up the hunter green NST boot from Unionmade a couple of weeks ago after somebody here posted that it was available. Anyway, finally wore them out of the house. The color is amazing, and have been by far the most comfortable pair of Alden boots I've ever worn. No break in time at all.

 

These are crummy iPhone pics in my fluorescent office

 

Welp, apparently my kiddo was the last to use my camera and it was running through a filter. So here are the unfiltered office pics.

 

 

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Original filtered pics below.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

Nice man! I have a pair of these on preorder with commando soles, still on the fence but photos like these are persuading me.

post #103100 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolarrow View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Whoa! Do you have rotation set? Who's gonna be your opening day starter? worship.gif
Hah! They've mostly been playing winter ball, so they're in shape and don't want to sit, just because temps go above 60 - color 8 tanker & cap toe boot, black shell naval boot, Color 8 NST dress shoe & Ranger, misc. LWBs - stuff like that. Tanker boot is probably the Ace.
post #103101 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by CEE88 View Post

Spring training has begun, and so far this will be my everyday lineup:

Top L-R: snuff suede/color 8 saddle; ravello cap toe boot; color 8 unlined dovers; whiskey bluchers
Bottom L-R: color 4/black saddle; snuff suede LHS with red brick sole; natty CXL LWB; natty CXL PTB

Quality lineup cheers.gif
post #103102 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnc View Post

Quality lineup cheers.gif
Thanks Shawn. Some false starts along the way, mostly due to sizing issues. The one I'm still a bit unsure about is the unlined dover. I think I'd prefer it with a thicker sole rather than the single flex.

Congrats on your recent acquisitions!
post #103103 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYawker View Post

Nice collection!  The snuff suede loafer - is that a crepe sole or red brick sole?
Hey NY - here's some close ups of the LHS with red brick sole. It's a half size small, so it wears like a moc -- I often wear them without socks. The tightness keeps it from buckling on the side.
When it came to a shell full strap loafer, I went the C&J route (pictured below) because it has a relatively thick sole and seems to provide a sturdier feel through the ankle. I just couldn't get a good fit with the Alden LHS - tried two and returned two.






P.S. you mentioned the snuff suede color 8 saddle -- it's from J. Crew.
post #103104 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by CEE88 View Post


Hey NY - here's some close ups of the LHS with red brick sole. It's a half size small, so it wears like a moc -- I often wear them without socks. The tightness keeps it from buckling on the side.
When it came to a shell full strap loafer, I went the C&J route (pictured below) because it has a relatively thick sole and seems to provide a sturdier feel through the ankle. I just couldn't get a good fit with the Alden LHS - tried two and returned two. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)





 
P.S. you mentioned the snuff suede color 8 saddle -- it's from J. Crew.

Awesome C!  Thank you very much for posting the pics.  I have the lhs in cordovan and its a good fit for me  I am just hesitant about the suede lhs because of the flex sole.  If i found some like yours with the red brick sole it would definitely work for me.  Also have a pair of cj tassels - the double leather sole definitely helps.  Re the saddle - would be awesome if j crew gets something like that in again.  Cheers.

post #103105 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckOB 

Welcome to the forum. Nice looking boots and shine. Probably a good boot to have in the cold Chicago area this weekend.

Look forward to seeing further posts of your Aldens

Have a great weekend!

Thank you very much sir! Very good day in Chicago today, had a small heart attack when one of the friendly shoe shiners on the street decided to spray my boots with some unidentified liquid. Went up two blocks to the AE store and was able to wipe it all off to no ill effect from what I can tell.

Also stopped in at Haberdash on State street. Handled the natural cxl LWB and ptb, beautiful shoes but sadly they don't stock my size. The gentlemen who were tending the store at that time did say that they are working to have a shell boot of some sort put together and would be announcing the makeup via their mailing list. No details as far as color or style other than that it will be shell and it will be a boot.

Cheers,

Derek
post #103106 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by CEE88 View Post


Hey NY - here's some close ups of the LHS with red brick sole. It's a half size small, so it wears like a moc -- I often wear them without socks. The tightness keeps it from buckling on the side.
When it came to a shell full strap loafer, I went the C&J route (pictured below) because it has a relatively thick sole and seems to provide a sturdier feel through the ankle. I just couldn't get a good fit with the Alden LHS - tried two and returned two.


P.S. you mentioned the snuff suede color 8 saddle -- it's from J. Crew.

Those snuff with red brick sole are awesome.  I saw a pair on the latest Shoemart 2nds list and wonder if they are still available.  So you sized down from your Barrie size?  Going to call tomorrow.

post #103107 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeinabox View Post

Those snuff with red brick sole are awesome.  I saw a pair on the latest Shoemart 2nds list and wonder if they are still available.  So you sized down from your Barrie size?  Going to call tomorrow.
Hope you find a pair! It's Van last sizing. I sized down because it would otherwise fit too wide for me. I wear it like a Moc - snug - but if you're okay with Van last/LHS sizing then order your normal size.
post #103108 of 122416
Sand suede cts from tres bien
post #103109 of 122416
Hi all,

I'm having an extremely middle class crisis over boot sizing. I bought a pair of Wolverine Addisons in US9D and they stretched so much that I now have to wear thick socks with them. I sized down to a US8.5 for my new pair of 1000 miles and although they are a bit tight, a stint on the shoe stretcher did the trick.

I'm now having a dilemma over some Aldens. I bought a pair of these on both an 8.5 and an 8D:
http://www.endclothing.co.uk/brands/alden/alden-crepe-sole-plain-toe-boot.html

The 8.5 fits well. The 8 feels quite tight around the metatarsal end area even after I put them lightly on the stretcher machine at my local store (initially, very gently as I might return of course). However, with such an expensive pair of boots, I'm wary of the 8.5s stretching too much but don't want the 8s as tight as they are now forever.

Does anyone have any experience with Alden suede boots and whether they stretch as much as 1k miles?

Thanks a lot.
post #103110 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinknothing View Post

Hi all,

I'm having an extremely middle class crisis over boot sizing. I bought a pair of Wolverine Addisons in US9D and they stretched so much that I now have to wear thick socks with them. I sized down to a US8.5 for my new pair of 1000 miles and although they are a bit tight, a stint on the shoe stretcher did the trick.

I'm now having a dilemma over some Aldens. I bought a pair of these on both an 8.5 and an 8D:
http://www.endclothing.co.uk/brands/alden/alden-crepe-sole-plain-toe-boot.html

The 8.5 fits well. The 8 feels quite tight around the metatarsal end area even after I put them lightly on the stretcher machine at my local store (initially, very gently as I might return of course). However, with such an expensive pair of boots, I'm wary of the 8.5s stretching too much but don't want the 8s as tight as they are now forever.

Does anyone have any experience with Alden suede boots and whether they stretch as much as 1k miles?

Thanks a lot.

I find my Wolverine Addisons to fit slightly larger than barrie lasted Aldens.

 

If 8.5D fits you well in Wolverine 1000 mile. I would stay with that size in the Aldens.

I dont think the 8's are going to stretch enough to be comfortable, especially not with thicker socks.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.